Author Topic: Faces With the Names  (Read 183251 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Faces With the Names
« Reply #1185 on: June 19, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
i did though...

right click on the picture you want to post and select "copy image location"

open a reply window on the message boards and click the "insert image" button (the one to the left of the "world looking button")

This will put the img tags up with the cursor flashing in the middle of them, then hit "cntrl" "v" to paste the image location inbetween the tags.

Hit the preview button below to see if it posts your picture. If it does hit post, if not try reading through this again and doing it right  :D

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #1186 on: June 19, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »
Skiing in the Rockies
(Image removed from quote.)

Decent form there. Banking a bit though :P

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1187 on: June 19, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
thank you. makes sense now.

me and my trusty full size violin

me and another instrument. trombone, first one on the left side.

Another instrument--the loudest one

cant find any of me playing the tuba, bass trombone, guitar, trumpet, or viola. hmm...

lets hope this actually works...

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #1188 on: June 19, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »
All you have to do with PhotoBucket is hover your mouse over the pic you want in your album and copy the 'IMG Code'. You could also copy the 'Direct Link' and place it into IMG brackets yourself.

If the link to the image does not end with a .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp, etc. then you are not actually copying the image location in the server, you are copying the link to a page that happens to contain that image.

Here's an example:

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/gnpatent/postgavemecancer.jpg

Note how the URL ends with a .jpg... you have been trying to post something like this in IMG tags:

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z446/B-17/?action-view&current=Meandmyviolin.jpg&newest=1

If I place my link in IMG tags here is the result:

If I place your link in IMG tags...

it no worky  :cry

Here's how easy it is; hover you mouse over the image you want to share in your album and you'll see this:

Just copy the 'IMG code'.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #1189 on: June 19, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »

myself on the job

doin a bit o trainin myself on the far left

My dad or as yall know him "Hand"

and myself again :D
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1190 on: June 19, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »
I'll never forget when we were being tested in Gym class to see how much we could bench.  One of the tougher kids in my class could only bench 70 pounds (less than a lot of the girls).  We watched him beat the stuffings out of another buddy of mine after school who decided that being able to bench more made him a tougher kid.

LOL, no doubt, always fear the little guy who knows how to fight! Usually the big guys are powerful, but slow.

One of my good friends in school, guy named Todd, was just that... looked like a bird. All of 5'7", weighed about 120 lbs soaking wet. What a lot of people didn't know is he grew up in Okinawa, a military brat, and was a Nth degree blackbelt and practically a master of several different arts. I never thought a lot about his fighting skills until my dad asked me about him. Seems he had gotten himself into a bit of legal trouble (one of my dad's good friends was the lawyer representing Todd), three guys tried to steal his car at a gas station. Three guys a lot bigger than him, and I guess they didn't expect him to turn on them and beat two of them to near death right there at the gas pump. The third guy he had knocked unconsious right off the bat with a kick to the face. One of the guys had a broken neck. Ended up little came of it because 1) the security video showed they jumped him first and 2) he was not only a minor (17 years old at the time) but also a little guy!

It's the little ones who you most often have to worry about!  :old:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1191 on: June 19, 2011, 02:57:23 PM »
Impresive.... :aok

LOL, well, I'm only 5'9" so it didn't get me very far! If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have played, feel a lot worse for it now. But I did start lifting seriously in the 7th grade. Problem is now I'm not quite 40 and I feel like I'm 70.  :uhoh

Friends of mine used to ask me if I played football when I went to college (Clemson)... I'm like "are you nuts??? Have you seen how big those freaking guys are?!??"
Floyd

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1192 on: June 19, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
LOL, well, I'm only 5'9" so it didn't get me very far! If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have played, feel a lot worse for it now. But I did start lifting seriously in the 7th grade. Problem is now I'm not quite 40 and I feel like I'm 70.  :uhoh

Friends of mine used to ask me if I played football when I went to college (Clemson)... I'm like "are you nuts??? Have you seen how big those freaking guys are?!??"
7th grade is probably the reason, we are not aloud to lift untill 9th grade for football because they say it will hurt us when we are older. Colledge football....I would terrified to even hit some of those guys :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1193 on: June 19, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »

One of my biggest regrets in life...not playing football.  I stand 6'4" at 260 lbs...  I went to the liberty bowl game (UGA vs. UCF) and was bigger than the majority of the Georgia Bulldogs roster...  I shook my head and considered myself a failure lol
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1194 on: June 19, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »
7th grade is probably the reason, we are not aloud to lift untill 9th grade for football because they say it will hurt us when we are older. Colledge football....I would terrified to even hit some of those guys :lol
:huh your school is screwing you over then, or just simply doesnt have the money to buy lifting equipment.

7th grade was when i started lifting weights at school. became required every monday-wednesy-friday in the begining. then everyday as summer approached.

Then we'd stop lifting as soon as we got out pads and were aloud to hit.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #1195 on: June 19, 2011, 03:18:24 PM »
One of my biggest regrets in life...not playing football.  I stand 6'4" at 260 lbs...  I went to the liberty bowl game (UGA vs. UCF) and was bigger than the majority of the Georgia Bulldogs roster...  I shook my head and considered myself a failure lol

I've got two cousins like that, my dad's youngest brother's sons.... They got all the tall genes in the family apparently. One is 6'4", the other 6'7" and both are around 250 or so.... either of the them coulda played college ball (they were monsters on the field in HS) but neither wanted to. One went to Clemson, the other the Citadel.... and both into the Army as officers. If I'd have been that big when I played people woulda left the field on stretchers!
Floyd

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #1196 on: June 19, 2011, 03:33:58 PM »

It's the little ones who you most often have to worry about!  :old:

yep...the biggest downfall of many people is underestimation.....and by the time the initial shock has passed...it's just too late in many cases.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1197 on: June 19, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »
:huh your school is screwing you over then, or just simply doesnt have the money to buy lifting equipment.

7th grade was when i started lifting weights at school. became required every monday-wednesy-friday in the begining. then everyday as summer approached.

Then we'd stop lifting as soon as we got out pads and were aloud to hit.
LOL! if you have read anything about lifting weights you would know that if you lift weights younger you
have a way higher chance of arthritis, tendon, and joint damage then if you wait untill your body can grow more.

You played football tyran?  :huh
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1198 on: June 19, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »
LOL! if you have read anything about lifting weights you would know that if you lift weights younger you
have a way higher chance of arthritis, tendon, and joint damage then if you wait untill your body can grow more.

You played football tyran?  :huh
center,noseguard,right tackle, defensive end, middle linebacker, safety, running back and even quarterback at one point in time. i never excelled in 1 position (except defencive end) but i was able to play almost every position good enough, which my coach loved about me.
i was one of the smallest people on the team tho. (in 8th grade, i was only about 5'4 playing against teams of 6'0 and above). but i was able to use my size as an advantage, was quick to shoot the gaps. main reason why i was put at noseguard and defensive end. i played center due to my ability to shotgun snap, but was taken out of it due to a mixup. (i was playing both noseguard&center all game. during defence one of my teammates comes in saying we're on offence, so, as being center as well, i walked up&grabbed the ball to hike it, when it turned out we were still on defence  :o)
played a quarterback for 2 games in 7th grade. i really have an arm on me, but i have trouble aiming the ball sometimes, so after awhile they took me out and put me to runningback.
safety was what i played in pwee. Defencive end was the position that showed my coaches i knew how to play football.

but dont mistake my size for weakness jo, ive nocked kids twice your size in the dirt.(even sent one to the hospital with a concussion during a scrimmage)  ;)

taken after our last 8th grade game, with coach.

our 8th grade team after our last game (yes, thats the actual ending score of the game. we went 7-1 whole season)

me@the begining of the freshmen year.(ignore that date, idk whats up with it ether)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:43:21 PM by Tyrannis »

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #1199 on: June 19, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »

You played football tyran?  :huh

Joachim is correct, and even worse for growing teenagers, it can stunt your growth and damage your growth-plates.

I know this may be considered sacrilegious to some, but too many schools over emphasis sports and focus too much on it. I played sports in HS and the level of seriousness some places take it is stupidly short sided. Sure the exercise is good for students and so is a healthy level of competition, but most are not going to be pro-athletes so encouraging kids to do things detrimental to their bodies (and minds) in the long run is dumb. Could you imagine how much knowledge a student could acquire (think job opportunities later in life) if they spent that energy on educating the kids science & math (instead of football)?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:14:41 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)