Author Topic: Faces With the Names  (Read 184812 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Faces With the Names
« Reply #1200 on: June 19, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Joachim is correct, and even worse for growing teenagers, it can stunt your growth and damage your growth-plates.

I know this may be considered sacrilegious to some, but too many schools over emphasis sports and focus too much on it. I played sports in HS and the level of seriousness some places take it is stupidly short sided. Sure the exercise is good for students and so is a healthy level of competition, but most are not going to be pro-athletes so encouraging kids to do things detrimental to their bodies (and minds) in the long run is dumb. Could you imagine how much knowledge a student could acquire (think job opportunities later in life) if they spent that energy on educating the kids science & math (instead of football)?
my school was the exact oposite of what you just discribed actually.

all our gear was worn out. Our field was falling apart (the middle school field is actually gone now, they tore it down, now all football games happen at the highschool)

biggest thing i hated about our high school is its the to-ranked in our county and one of the top ranking ohio schools (bethel-tate)
and my sophmore year, they raised the grade requirments to play sports from a C average to a B.
I excelled in history/science/geography/all my classes, except math.
no matter how much studying i'd do, or tutoring i'd take, i just couldnt bring my math grade above a low C.(and trust me, i'd stay up late nights for several weeks trying to learn algebra and all the complicated formulas behind it)
It ended up killing my football career in highschool. i was a star player who just couldnt get my math grade up high enough  :(

And is it so dumb? i mean yes in the long run math+science will help someone out in life more than playing football would.

but with the obesity rate of the country, combined with drug rates, is it such a bad thing to encourage kids to be active in a sport that tries to take them away from being lazy&doing drugs?
i think schools should  encourage sport's, but also have some sort of grade requirement to meet in order to play said sport. It forces the kids to learn science+math&all other classes in order to play the sports they love.

but thats just my opinion. ive never had any injuries from lifting, and the only injury ive had so far from football is a swelling in my knee (can remember the name, long german one. "oscarslaughter" is kinda how its said) and i got it LONG before i started actually lifting.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1201 on: June 19, 2011, 09:01:27 PM »
All you have to do with PhotoBucket is hover your mouse over the pic you want in your album and copy the 'IMG Code'. You could also copy the 'Direct Link' and place it into IMG brackets yourself.

If the link to the image does not end with a .jpg, .png, .gif, .bmp, etc. then you are not actually copying the image location in the server, you are copying the link to a page that happens to contain that image.

Here's an example:

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy170/gnpatent/postgavemecancer.jpg

Note how the URL ends with a .jpg... you have been trying to post something like this in IMG tags:

http://s1190.photobucket.com/albums/z446/B-17/?action-view&current=Meandmyviolin.jpg&newest=1

If I place my link in IMG tags here is the result:

(Image removed from quote.)

If I place your link in IMG tags...

(Image removed from quote.) it no worky  :cry

Here's how easy it is; hover you mouse over the image you want to share in your album and you'll see this:

Just copy the 'IMG code'.

like this?

me on trombone. im the one closest to left

loudest one i play

my favorite

i dont appear to have any of tuba, trombone, or anything else i play...hmmm...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:03:14 PM by B-17 »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1202 on: June 19, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
There u go
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1203 on: June 19, 2011, 09:04:40 PM »
like this?

me on trombone. im the one closest to left

loudest one i play

my favorite

i dont appear to have any of tuba, trombone, or anything else i play...hmmm...

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1204 on: June 19, 2011, 09:48:14 PM »
LOL 12 oz curls, my friend! Haven't lifted weights seriously since 1989, but yeh, I used to lift back when I was playing sports. Oh those were tha days, weighed in at 165 lbs, benched 320 and squat just a tick over 450 lbs, ran a 4.5 40 yard dash.... and played both ways in football, right corner back on defense, and left guard on the o-line! We pulled backside guards downfield to block on sweeps, was usually downfield levelling d-backs.

Now I'm pushing 40 yo and 60 lbs heavier, and I hobble to the fridge during commercial breaks when football is on TV.  :rofl

Gotta love a bad ankle, bad knee, and 3 compressed discs in my lower back. Thank you, football!  :old:

at that weight, that should be a record bench :headscratch:

at 15 in juvie detention,I was 160lbs, I worked out heavy 6 days a week, couldn't come close to 320 lb bench, was squatting 400 though, although my workouts where not for size, but speed and strength, I was more into stretching out, working the legs, I could snap a 2by4 in half with a short snap kick, could do a full straddle.
 hell I am 42 haven't stretch out in about 13 years and can still do almost a full split...although the hips hurt now :rofl

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1205 on: June 19, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »
lifting in football, i could bench 275 (which personally i feel isent bad, seeing how i was only 5'4 doing so)

and legpressing over 600lbs.

one thing i couldnt do tho, were squats  :(

my right shoulder would allways give out. i have no idea why, ive had it checked out and they say theres nothing notable wrong with me (i have broad shoulders) but i just cant seem to squat for long before my right shoulder just gives out on me.  :uhoh

@ink, are you saying you were aloud to work out in juvie? ive been to juvie 19 times (almost went to dys) and they wouldnt let us do any kind of working-out other than the 30min rec times. they acted like they were on a personal mission to stop people from doing so.
got caught doing push-ups in my pod one day and got 2hrs in solidary for it.  :mad:

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1206 on: June 19, 2011, 11:04:33 PM »
lifting in football, i could bench 275 (which personally i feel isent bad, seeing how i was only 5'4 doing so)

my right shoulder would allways give out. i have no idea why, ive had it checked out and they say theres nothing notable wrong with me (i have broad shoulders) but i just cant seem to squat for long before my right shoulder just gives out on me.  :uhoh

@ink, are you saying you were aloud to work out in juvie? ive been to juvie 19 times (almost went to dys) and they wouldnt let us do any kind of working-out other than the 30min rec times. they acted like they were on a personal mission to stop people from doing so.
got caught doing push-ups in my pod one day and got 2hrs in solidary for it.  :mad:
Well, your in their jail. They can do what ever they want with you. Some juvenile places probably are more strict then others
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #1207 on: June 19, 2011, 11:19:43 PM »
but with the obesity rate of the country, combined with drug rates, is it such a bad thing to encourage kids to be active in a sport that tries to take them away from being lazy&doing drugs?

I didn't say that sports or after school programs were bad, they are not, its all about degree. Many schools and surrounding local community take HS sports too seriously and its not necessary beneficial to the students in the long run. Grade requirements can work, but I've also seen situations where students are given higher grades than they earned because of their athletic skills in order to keep them in the program. Oh, and athletics dosn't keep the kids from drugs... even the pro's use them now (granted different drugs, but just ask Berry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Jose Canseco, etc...)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:25:47 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1208 on: June 19, 2011, 11:38:42 PM »

haha oh ya, hell every swear word was 25 push-ups, wanna guess how many pushups I could do :D    I did a bit less then 7 years in juvie, we had free weights back then, not sure if they still allow it,(this was 81-87)  we used to have what was called "hell night" when ALL the kids were made to go down to the wrestling room and they would let us beat the hell out of each other :O. not a place you wanted to go if me and my buddy Tony didn't like you.

when I first got there they had a boxing ring and if you had issues with another kid you took it to the ring, I was 11 when I first went there, and it was not a nice place to be for an 11 year old, by time I hit 17 I had escaped 12 times, assaulted staff members,started riots,fought a lot, had so many fights that they could not say definitively how many, at one point they started a program called "shock treatment"(no not in electrical shock,but a military type of treatment,just worse) exclusively for me and a friend of mine, funny, by time they implemented the program, we were upper levels and couldn't put us in it :rofl   I would bet money they still remember me there to this day :D I terrorized that place, as a matter of fact when I got paroled the last time,in 87 I got into a fight 2 days before my release date, and they still let me out :O

they used my YDC(youth development center) years, to send me to prison, when I was 17.

2 hours in solitary.....haha try over a year :aok I slept naked on a concrete "bed" (not for the whole year though) no blankets,no mattress no pillow, nothing, that was a punishment when someone else burned his cell out.

and no prison is not like the Movies. well they get it right sometimes, I did see a guy bought and sold for 8 cartons of cigarettes :O and one old molester had someone jump on his head and crushed it flat,  the guards loved to beat on the inmates, but for as much trouble I caused there, they never beat me :headscratch:  came close a few times.

I believe it was the man upstairs looking out for me, even though I hated him.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1209 on: June 19, 2011, 11:41:59 PM »
I didn't say that sports or after school programs were bad, they are not, its all about degree. Many schools and surrounding local community take HS sports too seriously and its not necessary beneficial to the students in the long run. Grade requirements can work, but I've also seen situations where students are given higher grades than they earned because of their athletic skills in order to keep them in the program. Oh, and athletics dosn't keep the kids from drugs... even the pro's use them now (granted different drugs, but just ask Berry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, Jose Canseco, etc...)
Don't even try to talk sense to ppl that have none.  These guys are pickled with mainstream media, they think art and sports are more important than math and science.  Reasoning with them will only result in multiple  :bhead
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1210 on: June 19, 2011, 11:46:08 PM »
I believe it was the man upstairs looking out for me, even though I hated him.

Troof.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1211 on: June 19, 2011, 11:55:02 PM »
Joachim is correct, and even worse for growing teenagers, it can stunt your growth and damage your growth-plates.

I know this may be considered sacrilegious to some, but too many schools over emphasis sports and focus too much on it. I played sports in HS and the level of seriousness some places take it is stupidly short sided. Sure the exercise is good for students and so is a healthy level of competition, but most are not going to be pro-athletes so encouraging kids to do things detrimental to their bodies (and minds) in the long run is dumb. Could you imagine how much knowledge a student could acquire (think job opportunities later in life) if they spent that energy on educating the kids science & math (instead of football)?

Of course it is possible to play sports and study.  In terms of sports importance while in school.  I think that's much more on the parents then anything else.  My folks never pushed sports.  They did push doing well in school.  I played football, basketball and baseball and still kept the grades up.  Seems like we had to have the grades so we could play.  But then again that was back in the dark ages of the 1970s :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1212 on: June 20, 2011, 04:41:22 AM »
I have been hesitant to post a picture of myself as we gals get so much harassment.
As some of you know I have to use a voice modifier in game to keep the in game Lotharios like Killnu, Hadessss, KoW, Phan and well, the rest of you at bay.

But after seeing that SheGotYa posted a picture of herself and her family I felt I could also post. But I am a bit shy so I blocked out my face. Maybe someday I will feel comfortable enough to post without blocking my beautiful face. :)

This picture was taken at my lawyers office during the 2010 Xmas party.
Santa was getting a bit frisky so I had to threaten him. I invoked the names of a couple of my in game friends. I first said that I knew a peelot that could bomb the fleas off a dog without hurting the dog. When I mentioned the cpid 999000 Santa went pale. Then I brought up Guppy/Corky/+Tiff. Santa exhaled sharply and looked scared to death. I told him that Guppy/Corky/+Tiff could and would auger into Santa's abode if he continued his attempt to touch my incredible body.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1213 on: June 20, 2011, 06:28:29 AM »
No spike heels? That can't be Silat.   :neener:

Offline xxIENAxx

• Copper Member
« Reply #1214 on: June 20, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »
Ok, i have tried,  :headscratch: but i can't figure it out (how to post a picture). I guess my daughter is right..when it comes down to pc i'm a retard  :) :frown:
Oh well, you are not going to miss much.  :D

IENA
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:35:24 AM by xxIENAxx »
367th "Dynamite Gang"
In game name IENA since Tour 59