Author Topic: OK, This Is Probably Pretty Silly...  (Read 968 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
OK, This Is Probably Pretty Silly...
« on: January 08, 2008, 01:21:39 AM »
At 8am I am scheduled to take a nuclear stress test. I have a bad, bad feeling about this. I've had it for several weeks. I'm probably just worrying about nothing, but with the way my luck has run lately (and it has been really bad the last year) I just can't shake it.

The last time I took a stress test I wound up on the operating table getting angioplasty. They pump you full of radioactive dye and put you on a treadmill untill you reach peak heartbeat. They take a bunch of pictures and make you run the treadmill again and take another set. I never made it to what they consider peak for my age last time and I've had some chest pain off and on the last few weeks and had to take 3 or 4 nitro tabs. I have'nt told anyone about taking the nitro, including my cardiologist. Stubborn, stupid... you make the call.

I've come to consider the O'Club members my friends. I've shared things with you that I don't with people I interact with in person on a daily basis. This time tomorrow feel free to call me whatever you like. Fool, liberal, hypocrondriac, ect. because I've probably earned it.  But if I don't make it back here, just know that I value all your opinions, whether I agreed with them or not and I stood behind my opinions because that's what I honestly believed in.  

Hopefully, I can buy you all a beer at the next AH Convention.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:25:51 AM »
RPM, hope things go well fella.......if I ever get to one of the AHcon's - I'll take you up on that beer (Hey, I'm cheap, I'll admit it......if its free, its for me...lol..

:D

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 01:34:59 AM »
Good luck. I may disagree with your views, I may find your presentation disagreeable. But I wish you good luck.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 02:29:11 AM »
Good luck, RPM-Just don't let passing the test itself stress you out.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 02:59:12 AM »
"I won't die before Ex#3, I won't die before Ex#3, I won't die before Ex#3"
Seriously rpm.
I'm wishing you well. I know what it's like to get a close call.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 05:03:28 AM »
That post made no sense! :D
Take it easy RPM..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 05:07:35 AM »
Best of luck to you!

:D

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 06:49:29 AM »
<---43 here and was suffering acute angina for 3-4 months before I decided to go to the emergency room. They cathetered me and found 4 blockages, stinted 2 and ballooned 2. Quit smoking Christmas day after smoking for 26 years. Let's not talk silly or stubborn as I am severely hard headed.

Have had what I call minor chest pains and have gone through about 60 nitro tabs since August of last year. Scheduled for a 3rd nuclear stress test in March. If they find more problems then so be it.

You'll be fine RPM, technology these days is great. I actually had fun calling all my friends when I was 50 sheets to the wind on valium and stuff after the catheterization.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 07:02:48 AM »
Good luck man...
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 07:03:48 AM »
RPM you'll do just fine!

They also have an alternative to the treadmill. They can add some juice that increases the heart rate while you just lay there. Doesn't hurt.

Had one angio done on me..which freaked me out.  They can fix any blockages they find while they are doing it.

Things are gonna be okay RPM.  Modern technology is so far advanced that they will do anything to save a librul... Besides Hillery needs your Vote!

:aok

Mac

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 08:06:57 AM »
I think RPM should stay away from this board for about a month just to **** with us.  LAWLZ.

Good luck RPM, we'll see you when you get back.

If you ever find your way to Houston, and God knows why you would, the beer's on me.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 08:14:06 AM by DiabloTX »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 08:28:15 AM »
:) :aok Best wishes to you rpm. Holler once you're back home & rested a bit. :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
Good luck RPM.  Don't die please.  Isn't death against one of the forum rules?

And yea, pretty silly not telling the doc when you take nitro...  The doc might be thinking "he's got a partial blockage...  the next time he complains about chest pain it means we gotta go in and fix it" or something like that.  A friend of mine waited until the full-up heart attack and it took him almost a year to get straightened out.

So anyhow, good luck :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 08:45:25 AM »
I have always felt that if you don't go to the doctor that they won't find anything wrong with you.

I agree that I don't like your views or the way you present them but wish you the best and.. I have hope for you in any case.. you are smart enough to grow up I think once you start learning to live a little and stop worrying about a bunch of stuff that is none of your business.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 08:51:27 AM »
Good luck RPM. We all gotta go sometime but I don't think it's your time yet. Hang in there.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.