Author Topic: Angle What  (Read 682 times)

Offline parin

• Copper Member
Angle What
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:56:55 PM »
Someone ask for a rerelease so I tried Stage6 out, let me know what you think of the quality.

Angle What
Wgr 21 works great!

Quick Jam from SkyRock...

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Angle What
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:07:48 PM »
Absolutely loved that film! You kept those action shots coming, had some good "slow-mo"s, and I absolutely loved the rocket-kill!

Nice work, you kept me entertained.:cool:
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Angle What
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »
Too much fast-forward for my tastes. I'd rather you have the fast music and "real speed" action than to speed the action up to meet the music.

Offline parin

• Copper Member
Angle What
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 02:26:53 PM »
There where about 3 clips that are speed up and that was due to converting to workable clips from fraps. I tried to get them normal speed but they all ways came out slightly fast. If I was to redue it now I would have adjusted the speed in Vega. But thats 20/20 hind sight.
Wgr 21 works great!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Angle What
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 02:37:36 PM »
It seemed like half the clips were sped up, but that might just be post-viewing perception. :D

Actually, I think there might be an issue with timing in the playback of AH films. I just never had the time/effort to test it out. Do something, then watch the film, and it seems everything plays back noticably faster on the film, even if you have it set to 1x playback.

I need to take a stopwatch, record a film, and type out 10 second intervals, and do this for like 5 minutes, then play the film back and take out the stopwatch again, and see if the timing intervals start slipping after a bit.

It would explain a lot, if true.

Offline parin

• Copper Member
Angle What
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 03:00:17 PM »
There are 2 clips where i am going 450mph + they look speed up but should be at 1x speed. You maybe right about the playback speed but I would rather play than sit with a stop watch:)
Wgr 21 works great!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Angle What
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »
Ditto, which is why I haven't tested it yet. :lol

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
Angle What
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
The "abandon all hope"  nose art,  historical?

Offline parin

• Copper Member
Angle What
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »
Nope DarkglamJG52 its from Space Above and Beyond.
Wgr 21 works great!

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
Angle What
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:17:18 AM »
Cool film but horrible vid quality.....stage 6 films shouldnt look like youtube WHAT program are you using to put together and render your  films?

not sure if i posted this film before but check out the differance between your films vid quality and this one you will see what im talkin about

http://www.stage6.com/user/reebthgil/video/1915335/Dhog-and-spit16

Offline parin

• Copper Member
Angle What
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 04:22:32 AM »
wow Reeb I am gonna try to rerender my flick in vega and see if I can get that quality! :aok nicely done.
Wgr 21 works great!

Offline ZoniX

• Zinc Member
      • >>>PARROTS<<<
Angle What
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 09:41:24 AM »
Nice film and nice shots :aok

Regarding the speed of the video it looks like you capture with more then 25/30 fps. Maybe you have the 60fps capture enabled in fraps?!?

@reeb: What codec do you use for HQ and which program to render your films? Would be nice to have some hints or help than just watching how it could look like.

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
Angle What
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 11:22:04 AM »
i capture all my film from AH viewr with fraps free version and then edit it with vegas 7. i usually render my films the highest quality i can with vegas i think its 1080i or something then i use dr.divx to compress it in HD the dr.divx hd. my films tend to be in the 200meg size before using dr.divx. i used to post on youtube but when you upload to youtube vids take a horrible quality hit that is if you watch the length of your film and keep it under 100meg for youtube.Stage 6 takes less time for uploads and ive yet to have it tell me a vid is to big :)
I also run AH in high res witch makes a differance, if you look at some of my old films before i started using high res you can see the differance. i run AH in 1680x1050 made a huge differance in the look of the planes.
Ive actully made a film once that was 2.2gigs in size :)
when i got dr.divx and the divx codac i just did a search for it .
if you have any other questions i can help with just ask ill do my best to help

i just checked to make sure what ive been rendering in i usually do anything from  6mbps HD 720-30p   to 8mbps HD 1080-30p depending how long i wanna wait for it to render usually takes an hour or so to render.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:28:23 AM by reeb »

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Angle What
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 02:11:55 PM »
Sorry to partially hijack this thread.

Reeb, question for you: how is Stage6 running, on that side of Atlantic? Here in Italy it's a couple of weeks it's loading really slow (10/20 kb/s), both in download and streaming... how's there?

EDIT: Btw, Parin, great aim with that 30! Congratulations, I never got to master it!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 02:52:30 PM by Gianlupo »
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline parin

• Copper Member
Angle What
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 03:22:07 PM »
NP Gianlupo. I am getting good info on Stage6 which was part of why I posted.

REEB how did you export clips out of the film view?
Wgr 21 works great!