Author Topic: Why Bother  (Read 5180 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Why Bother
« on: January 11, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »
it is a shame when people fly around, wait til others engage

BnZ , by pass others to get to certian people.......

have to take Chicken**** face shots because that is the best they got

have to bring their whole squad in, to improve their chances of at least one of them winning the event

for some to continously skirt the edge of fights, always flying at 5k+......

have to have a freaking excuse when they get shot down, because if you shoot them, you either got lucky or a cat jumped on their keyboard ad infinium.....

for this event to get back to what we experienced last week in the TOC,

the KOTH CM staff needs to have more than just a person watching, the KOTH should be fun for all..and the Host should even have the ability to be able to participate as well, and not have to babysit the participants....

I guess, I am tired of the BS excuses, the whines, the argueing, the over all drop in skill level, and the influence of squads that at times use private chat, use communication programs outside of the game so noone is aware, and even in past, seen certian extremes of pushing the edge of  almost winging.....

is very sad to see such a great event has almost  fallen to the lowest level possible of worthyness to this community.....

I might re visit sometime down the road, if certian people can tell me that things are better, or have gotten back to what they once were.......

right now currently, outside of a SELECT FEW who go by the rules properly , the rest is not worth the time it takes to sit and waste for not..........

best of luck to all the participants, and really wish fuzeman, WMLute and AKDogg the best in getting the event turned around......I hope you can
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Why Bother
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
what the hell happened tonight?

if it was bad i'm glad i left when i did...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Virtue

• Zinc Member
Why Bother
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:06:10 PM »
lol I left early, but when i left it seemed like is was going well.  From my point of view it seemed like everyone was and saying gf, did'nt hear many complaints.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Why Bother
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 02:05:57 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
have to bring their whole squad in, to improve their chances of at least one of them winning the event

You're wrong.. But proving you wrong won't happen, because just like the Moon landing conspriracists, no matter how much evidence you're shown, you'll still have sour grapes and/or paranoid suspicions.

Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 03:47:02 AM »
E gangbangin crap, good luck with KOTH.

I heard a certain person (a cm) say KOTH is not a 1 vs 1 event....its a live event for name in lights.... ch101, whatever...
"I won, I won neener neener, ect ect..."

Im not going to listem to 10 min of rules to lay the smack down on all of you,  I could spank half of you participants with alt, and E.

Its a joke, meet me in DA, keep your alt and E contests private.

Offline Dutchie

• Copper Member
Why Bother
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 05:01:55 AM »
And that's why I don't fly Koth. Anybody wants to fight me, i'll be in the DA, and i'll be ready :D

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 05:43:02 AM »
FYI when TC logged today "upset", pretty much everybody there was going "huh"?

Today was a "good" KOTH.  Lots of decent fights all around, and I didn't see what TC was talking about what so ever.

I was flying and not in CM eye, but all in all everybody seemed to be havin' a great time.  Also, TC and I never crossed paths as we tended to fly to diff. corners of the map, so we went up against diff. players.

Some of the Points TC made have always been here and are nothing "new".

If i'm in a 1 on 1 fight w/ someone, and another player comes into the fight, odds are I am the one they are gonna go for.  It's been like that for a looooong time now, and maybe I am just used to it.

Head On's don't bug me really.  I had one player ho and PW me today (*cough Jr*) and that was 100% MY fault.  I knew there were there.  I knew they would probably HO me.  I just got caught lookin' back @ Biggles on fire D600 behind me and I consider getting ho'd "my fault".  I got caught lookin'.

(Come to think of it, in that fight I was HO'd, then picked as I was blacked out.  That's just par. for the course.  My fault for getting ho'd and put in that position.  I laughed about it actually.)

I agree to some degree @ skirting fights.  But we've always had that.  

I agree about the communication on private channels, but again, we've always had that.

When one (or more) of my squaddies are flying a KOTH they are under STRICT orders to attack me first.  If other squads choose to fly without honor and wing to help each other win then they will be asked not to fly.  Nobody is fooled.  It IS obvious.  I know the CM's are aware of a couple squads that do this, and fair waring, it will not be tolerated.

There is only so much the KOTH CM's can do about it all.  Tommorrow night I will spend more time in the tower and less time fighting.  (which sucks for me)

Some KOTH's, depending on how many and who we have flying, I have to watch most the rounds and have to enforce the rules.  Some KOTH's I get to fly most rounds as the players are all pretty much following the rules.  Today seemed more like the latter to me rather than the former.

The only thing I see that has "changed" about King of the Hill is that it's gotten MUCH more competitive this past year or so.  It is a LOT harder to win now that say a year or two ago.

Again, I don't see that KOTH has changed all that much.  3-4 years ago I saw FAR more "rule breaking", fight skirting, winging, HO and cherypicking than I do now.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 05:48:49 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Why Bother
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 08:01:16 AM »
Originally posted by moot
You're wrong.. But proving you wrong won't happen, because just like the Moon landing conspriracists, no matter how much evidence you're shown, you'll still have sour grapes and/or paranoid suspicions.

1st m00t, I had always held a high regard for you in the game.......am surprised you jumped at that statement singling it out......

2nd, I am wrong in posting my frustrations when it had alot more to do with Real Life current events than anything that  happened in the game

3rd, honestly I did not have any squad in mind when I posted that whole diatribe......

I think the showing of "1" certian squad has actually greatly improved the event ........

and I have no desire to dump my RL  current events on anyone here, I posted out of frustration, I was wrong, and for that I apologize.

nothing more to say......
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:19:29 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Why Bother
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »
It wouldn't have been the first time we get that accusation, so I did jump the gun..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 03:02:50 PM »
TC  
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 03:50:27 PM »
I know what TC is talking about right now because yes there are some squads that like to talk to eachother wile they are fling, myself included. Last night I had my squadie finish second, and yes I was helping him when he was not fighting with anybody.
TC, there will always be pickers in KOTH no matter what, that could be their only skill, but you know if you have the E and alt advantage would you waist it? Very rarly do I get that alt and E advantage from anyone.

Yuor a good pilot and it is tought to see you go. and see ya around.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »
Originally posted by Bosco123
Last night I had my squadie finish second, and yes I was helping him when he was not fighting with anybody.

Good to know.

A most telling remark.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Why Bother
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 12:01:01 AM »
Originally posted by Bosco123
Last night I had my squadie finish second, and yes I was helping him when he was not fighting with anybody.

We may have our first event duration mute. Then again if you helped your squaddie and he didnt say anything to stop you, that might go for your whole squad.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Why Bother
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 12:26:53 AM »
Bosco, I apologized for my original post....
Lute Knows where my mind was, m00t knows where my mind was.....and you just got busted, because you aparently do not know where your mind is ;) .......

I'll be back.  I just needed to step away from both events this weekend for certian reasons......

I'll be back,   :aok

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 01:25:44 PM »
That is my fault and I know it, rely it was very simple stuff like:"This is had" "yea that why I die" stupid things like that. I rely don't care because I knew what I did was wrong, but I wasn't thinking at KOTH so oh well. I'm not the one to cheat so if I got busted thats fine with me.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."