Author Topic: Why Bother  (Read 5178 times)

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »
Bosco,

You do realize that in both your posts in this thread you admit to breaking the KOTH rules.  I'm sure the CMs who host and run this event will be along shortly to penalize you and possibly your entire squad.  To show no remorse over breaking the rules that are in place to make the events function on a level playing field and to make it fun for all the participants is just wrong.

I would not be surprised if the blatantness of your actions and lack of remorse/apology do not cause the other CMs of other events to  put you on their watch list and/or ask you to leave the events they are hosting.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 03:45:29 PM »
As long as I am not called a cheat, I am fine with it.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »
Doesn't breaking the rules imply that you did ch---?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:54:30 PM by forHIM »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Why Bother
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »
Originally posted by Bosco123
As long as I am not called a cheat, I am fine with it.

It is cheating and its a load of crap. You should not be allowed to fly KOTH again.

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Why Bother
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 01:04:59 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
It is cheating and its a load of crap. You should not be allowed to fly KOTH again.

Agreeance.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 11:56:02 AM »
I'm gonna back out of this one before people get angry, the only thing I said is this:"This is hard" "yea thats why I get killed all the time lol" and I told him how I died. it was nothing that would be called cheating just talking to him.
Is that called cheating?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Why Bother
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 01:09:14 PM »
The KOTH team will be issuing a statement shortly.

We use ch101 to prevent any communications from tower to people inflight, repeat ANY.
You of course do not think its cheating, but be 100% certain, you broke the rules.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
Originally posted by fuzeman

We use ch101 to prevent any communications from tower to people inflight, repeat ANY.
You of course do not think its cheating, but be 100% certain, you broke the rules.

I know I did now but I didn't cheat.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Why Bother
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 05:31:24 PM »
I know I did now but I didn't cheat.

Boscoe,
you seem like a good person.....we all make mistakes, then later regret them....shining example .my opening post...

just man up and offer an apology....it really doesn't hurt......heck, sometime or another it happens to us all.....

we also learn from our mistakes....this is what lifes all about.......

if I could go back, I would and completely delete my original post, I did not want to slight the KOTH in this way, I just had lot of anger from RL that was clouding my thoughts that day....

life goes on, more good times to come..........even in KOTH

~S~
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 05:33:57 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 06:22:03 PM »
I was tring to be honest on this and keep my concious clear. I apologize I have done any harm and to you guys that keep it clean.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 12:42:51 PM »
I know what TC is talking about right now because yes there are some squads that like to talk to eachother wile they are fling, myself included. Last night I had my squadie finish second, and yes I was helping him when he was not fighting with anybody.
TC, there will always be pickers in KOTH no matter what, that could be their only skill, but you know if you have the E and alt advantage would you waist it? Very rarly do I get that alt and E advantage from anyone.

Yuor a good pilot and it is tought to see you go. and see ya around.
What a crock of ****.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Why Bother
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 07:46:39 AM »
Originally posted by fuzeman

The announcement has been made: http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224715
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline BluKitty

• Nickel Member
      • http://
Why Bother
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »
The end problem is there is no incentive to engage.

I know TC's frustration., as you gain more skill and get known to the KOTH regulars...many will BnZ you above all others, avoid fighting you directly by not engaging.  I don't consider a BnZ attack every 30 seconds or so, engaged.

So ... I've said so before, but they only way you change behavior is by changing incentives.   The only way I can see for giving an incentive to kill, is by involving folk's K/D score with KOTH.

I posted before it would probably work well to play KOTH for 10 rounds or so, unless there is a 3-time winner-But if there is no winner after 10 round, the best K/D wins.  Maybe with a bonus for being a wabbit, or having a single round win.

Plus it has the advantage of giving KOTH a set max time for completion. 10 rounds may not be the right number, but is just an example...But it would be nice to be able to estimate more accurately how long a KOTH would take, for CM's and players.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:19:30 PM by BluKitty »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Why Bother
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
not to take anything away from BluKitty's post, but my main frustration was real life news I received around 10 AM that Friday Morning of my Uncle passing away......I was unable to travel to NC to be there with my Family, and I was frustrated over the way the event had occurred. Which was medical faults of the hospitals/care givers.......

I took it out on people in the tournament that Friday and here on the boards....

that is why I owed the apology and said I was  wrong in my original post.....

for what it's worth.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Why Bother
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 08:32:44 AM »
Condolences TC, times like those are tough.

I remember when my Dad and Uncle were hospitalized, I was lucky enough to be unemployed, so my sister an I tried to stay with them 24/7 while they were in there. We caught a few mistakes, no real big ones. One time we were wearing then and did'nt stay with my Uncle one night. Came in the next day and his thumb had been smashed when some uncaring  / unobservant dolt wasn't paying attention.