Author Topic: Why Bother  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
Why Bother
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 09:26:57 PM »
What about an spot or award for someone who gets the largest number of kills on the night? That way there is incentive engage instead of loiter until the last fight.

Vlkyrie1

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 07:18:37 AM »
Originally posted by Valkyrie
What about an spot or award for someone who gets the largest number of kills on the night? That way there is incentive engage instead of loiter until the last fight.

Vlkyrie1

Most kills get's a TOC invite maybe?

Dogg?  Fuzeman?  Sound good?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2008, 02:55:11 PM »
Would that just kind of encourage people to get as many kills as they can as quick as they can? Would that bring more HOing BnZ and dweebieness to the event? Just wondering.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Why Bother
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »
Yes. It would encourage it more.

The rules are fine how they are.
-AoM-

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
Would that just kind of encourage people to get as many kills as they can as quick as they can? Would that bring more HOing BnZ and dweebieness to the event? Just wondering.

For the player that WOULD fly like that...  remind me again how that would be diff. from how they normally fly?

Maybe Highest k/d then?
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Why Bother
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 04:31:11 PM »
If anything it be kills/death.  I not sure if it gonna bring more dweebness into the KOTH or not.  We got to remember, we got a different breed of players then what we are use to.  It is what I call Air Quake.  Most players now a days up a plane to kill another with no regards to survive.  They just up another and HO, Ram, pick and so on....  70% of the people I fight against anymore are doing this.   Use to be 15%.  It sad I tell ya.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »
Wouldn't highest K/D just encourage more BnZ?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »
To get the most kills you most likely are a wabbit or the winner anyway.  To stay alive and win you must kill.  If you are a lame bnz salamander you won't win except maybe a lucky round every now and then anyway.  bnz wusses are only as good as the crowd they have around them.  1 on 1 they die every time.  They know this and that's why they fly timid.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Why Bother
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 08:57:45 PM »
Originally posted by moot
You're wrong.. But proving you wrong won't happen, because just like the Moon landing conspriracists, no matter how much evidence you're shown, you'll still have sour grapes and/or paranoid suspicions.

Not true, I know of a certain well known squad that will all but wing. I saw it on their boards laughing about it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Why Bother
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »
I think I am with Stang on this one.  I did not see any of this last night, other than maybe someone cutting throttle to get to a fight last but then he ran the risk of both of us turning on him.  In any case, the guys that will not fight will last longer, but they will never be the ones winning the event.  Eventually they would either have to kill a wabbit or they will become the wabbit themselfs.

After becoming a wabbit, I did have people that went for me first.  That really was not a problem because one you kill the 2 or 3 guys that came after you, the map is clear for you and you only have to worry about a 1 vs 1 from them on.  When it becomes a problem is when planes with low fire power are chosen.  By the time you kill someone you have 2 or 3 guys there.  Thats is not the issue with cannon or 50cals.  So maybe, exclude some planes from the event?  I know they are a lot of fun but trying to take down 3 guys in a Stucka will result in a gangbang.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Re: Re: Why Bother
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 01:31:25 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Not true, I know of a certain well known squad that will all but wing. I saw it on their boards laughing about it.

Could you all but insinuate any more?  Let's see some substance to these accusations.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 05:57:45 AM »
I don't think the public forums is the place for it.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Why Bother
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »
The public forum is the place for it since it was taken public by accusations and demands that people fly a certain way not outlined by the rules, which blurs the line between legal and not and makes for all sorts of griefing to and from people more interested in having fun... for the sake of someone's arbitrary based on no official rules.

It's aggravating and is worth clearing up with as thoroughly and transparently as possible, so everyone gets back to having fun.
Either that or the accusations completely disappear to wherever the evidence supporting them has been hiding out..

Fair enough?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Why Bother
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
I don't think the public forums is the place for it.

I dont think the "public boards" is a good place to lie either
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Why Bother
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 03:49:54 PM »
Originally posted by AKDogg
If anything it be kills/death.  I not sure if it gonna bring more dweebness into the KOTH or not.  We got to remember, we got a different breed of players then what we are use to.  It is what I call Air Quake.  Most players now a days up a plane to kill another with no regards to survive.  They just up another and HO, Ram, pick and so on....  70% of the people I fight against anymore are doing this.   Use to be 15%.  It sad I tell ya.

Reason's why I don't fly the KOTH anymore... and my boss runs the show! :rofl

I enjoy it, but just don't like the MA mentality that comes with it.  It is not that and it is a one life per round.  All it takes is one guy to HO the rabbit repeatedly and someone else gets the win.  Just my .02's and no disrespect to anyone who runs it.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~