Author Topic: OK, time to build one  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
OK, time to build one
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2008, 07:16:24 PM »
Yeah, I thought about tossing the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz in, but I think it's had a bit of a stutter in AH all along. I think I'll try the OB sound, then the TB and if I'm not happy THEN a Soundblaster of some sort.

The NEC driver isn't hard to find. It's a Multisync E1100+.

I'm looking forward to this. I haven't been able to run AH at it's best resolution with the hi res art for a long, LONG time.  :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
OK, time to build one
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 01:02:11 AM »
Get some creative soundcard for gaming. Not for sound quality but for the directsound and hardware acceleration qualities.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
OK, time to build one
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Fulmar
This often happens when new chips come out.  The E6850 should go down in price eventually.  I remember when the E6420 came out, it had the larger cache than the E6400, but it cost less it to.

Ah, Thanks Fulmar, been putting my list together for my next build. Going to go with the e8400 chip.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
OK, time to build one
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »
So...  Did it work?
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: OK, time to build one
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »
I hate to admit this but even before I posted about building the new one I was working 6 days a week and about 60 hrs. It got worse since; I have been working building an Irish pub downtown and for the last 6 weeks it's been 7 days/70 hours.

I haven't had time to order the bits.

Thankfully, I'm down to punchlist items now; I actually had an 8 hour day last week and I had the last weekend off.

As soon as my gyros level out and I figure out where I am, I am going to get this thing ordered.

i'd guess the last plan is still a good one; maybe the prices have even dropped a bit!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
Re: OK, time to build one
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2008, 10:25:56 PM »
 Plenty of deals out there. Tiger direct; Intel 2.4 quad/XFX MB $349. I like the Antec 900 case. Lots of cooling/200mm, 3-120mm fans.($119) was on sale couple of weeks ago for $89. Got 4gb Ram at Newegg for $119.

I tried a turtle beach few years ago, pre AGP even. Was a nice sound card but not compatible with all games.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:38:26 PM by alskahawk »