Author Topic: troubles with my keyboard  (Read 936 times)

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
troubles with my keyboard
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »
I don't know were to put this so ill put it in here.

I have been having troubles with my keyboard, because it randomly locks up  :frown:. When it does this I can't use it at all and I have to restart my computer. I have switched keyboards and it still happened with the new one. I have tryed a different port and it still happens. And im sick of it, and im getting desperate. I don't know if its a virus or just some program I have. And I know it isn't broken because my "Num Lock" light on the keyboard is light up, which I would think indicates that the keyboard is connected to the computer. Please if you know how to fix this or have a slight idea tell me. THNX

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: troubles with my keyboard
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:05:29 AM »
Open task manager and check your CPU usage ( control/alt/delete).  There's probably nothing wrong with your keyboard at all.  What are the spec of your machine?  Do you you have a current spyware zapper running?  Do you have a bunch of unnecessary processes/applications running in the background?  When your computer hits the limits of its hardware it will come to a screeching halt.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
No, i don't usually have anything running in the backround. When this happens, im away from the computer for about 1-2 hours and when i get back to it, the keyboard isnt responding. And when I say away from the computer, then the only thing running would be the screen savor if that.

Offline CptA

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »
Let me guess...it's a USB keyboard...right?

Try Disabling power saving on your USB ports.

CptA