Author Topic: Ann Coulter Endorses Hillary!!!  (Read 1101 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Ann Coulter Endorses Hillary!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 02:40:18 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
She said in the vid, that she would actually campaign for Clinton, if that's what it took to defeat McCain.

However...If conservatism is what she touts, then why didn't she support RP, or any of the other Rep. candidates? Why try to go Dem.? It really doesn't make any sense.

Ron Paul isn't really a conservative either.  He's a libertarian.  Ann Coulter is a strict conservative.  

Where as Ron Paul believes that it's none of our business what two fruits do with their willies, Coulter believes its wrong and they should be imprisoned for immoral behavior.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 02:51:16 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Ron Paul isn't really a conservative either.  He's a libertarian.  Ann Coulter is a strict conservative.
the argument can be made that libertarianism is the core of old-school (as opposed to new-school, or "neo") conservatism.  Most libertarians I know are disaffected Republicans, not disaffected Democrats.  Wasn't "smaller gov't, lower taxes" the GOP mantra for years?

Ronald Reagan in Reason Mag, 1975
   If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 02:54:47 PM by bsdaddict »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »
lol now that's funny if it's true. That women is a biotch.
"strafing"

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
Maybe Coulter just likes Hillary's plan to smash the Middle East economically.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 03:02:52 PM »
Most conservatives hate McCain for the same reasons as most liberals hate Lieberman.
====
Thats funny because I like Lieberman too.

I just like people that step away from the herd and think for themselves.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 03:06:30 PM »
Originally posted by bsdaddict
the argument can be made that libertarianism is the core of old-school (as opposed to new-school, or "neo") conservatism.  Most libertarians I know are disaffected Republicans, not disaffected Democrats.  Wasn't "smaller gov't, lower taxes" the GOP mantra for years?

Ronald Reagan in Reason Mag, 1975

It is the core of conservatism, but very few people are willing to make that step into Libertarianism.

To nearly all people, it's very tempting to tell other people how to run their lives.  So much to the point that most people (just look at core conservative beliefs) are unwilling to say to themselves that they do not have that right to tell other people how to live.

For example, conservatives do believe that government should be smaller, but then they come out and say that Homosexuality should be denied any rights or priviledges given to regular men and women.  This isn't so much as a desire for smaller government, but being repulsed by the evils of an all engrossing government.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline bsdaddict

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »
It is the core of conservatism, but very few people are willing to make that step into Libertarianism.

To nearly all people, it's very tempting to tell other people how to run their lives.  So much to the point that most people (just look at core conservative beliefs) are unwilling to say to themselves that they do not have that right to tell other people how to live.

For example, conservatives do believe that government should be smaller, but then they come out and say that Homosexuality should be denied any rights or priviledges given to regular men and women.  This isn't so much as a desire for smaller government, but being repulsed by the evils of an all engrossing government.
and hence the conservative dilemma.  paleo-con's want small gov't and lower taxes.  neo-con's want to regulate morality.  You can't have both.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »

Where as Ron Paul believes that it's none of our business what two fruits do with their willies, Coulter believes its wrong and they should be imprisoned for immoral behavior.

That is true, about Coulter; However, She can't be so naive' as to think that Hillary Clinton won't be anything but more condoning to gays'-As she has in the past.

Plus, you can bet that HC would just about do anything asked of her by any pro-gay lobbyists'. Surely, Coulter should realize that...

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
just thinking, if McCain is on ballot, maybe he will pick his Lieberman buddy as VP.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 09:16:43 PM »
My sig says it all---it's an Ann quote
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 09:26:42 PM »
well that was weird.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 09:27:54 PM »
I may just stay home if I have to choose between McCain and Clinton.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 09:41:05 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I may just stay home if I have to choose between McCain and Clinton.
I fervently hope Barack wins Dem nomination, and I plan to vote for him. At least THEN I won't have to hear about racism anymore, AND we can get a good look at applied liberal doctrines, after all, it their turn:aok  
(Also McCain's ilk will damage conservatism long-term heap more than Barack or Hillary could)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »
Regardless of his war record.  McCain is a lying liberal bastard.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 11:22:08 PM »
I guess there's an upside to McCain taking the Republican nomination. I won't feel quite so bad if Hillary wins the election.

Yes I will.  :(
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.