Author Topic: Getting headset controls back vs. Vist Performance  (Read 264 times)

Offline Bosch232

• Zinc Member
Getting headset controls back vs. Vist Performance
« on: February 02, 2008, 08:34:10 AM »
I followed Skuzzy's list of things to do to streamline Vista in his "Vista tips and tricks" Sticky thread.  It took my memory useage from the low 600's to the low 400's.   :)

I'm very pleased about that, with ONE exception:  Somewhere in there, something disabled the volume control buttons on my headset.  (They're in line on the wire from the computer to the headset.

Does anyone know what setting in his list may affect that, or how I can get it back?  

Thanks.
"Anything worth doing, is worth OVER doing." ~ Mythbusters

Bosch232 - Pigs On The Wing

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:41:01 AM »
I didn't think those buttons interfaced with the computer...wonder if they might just be broken? ;)

Vista Performance...like Military Intelligence?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »
If they are USB headphones, then yes the buttons will actually control the volume control in Windows...  (Mine does anyway... I would think others would too).

There is a program that is supposed to run in the background to control this, and I have a feeling you have disabled it during the streamlining process.

Mine uses realtek drivers, and runs "rthdcpl.exe" in the background for this, but I have XP so it may be different for you.