Author Topic: Patch update Monday?  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
Patch update Monday?
« on: February 08, 2008, 04:44:06 PM »
:noid Patch update monday? oh noze Shiny new Lgays to shoot down :noid

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 04:57:07 PM »
P39

:noid :noid :noid
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »
Well Monday will be exactly 2 weeks since the P-39 was announced. :noid :noid
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »

February 8, 2008
Aces High II: Server Maintenance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Monday (February 11) we will be shutting down the Training, Dueling, Axis vs Allies, and Late War Blue Arena server for an update. We expect this to not take any longer than a couple of hours.

At one point during the upgrade cycle, all arenas will have to be reset. During the upgrade period, game scores, via the WEB site, may not be available.

The effected arenas will have an MOTD posted in them with more details.

Hmmm...says a server update nothing about a game update.  

Do they teach reading comprehension any more in school?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:33:51 PM »
Where did you read this?  I don't see it on the homepage.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Do they teach reading comprehension any more in school?

Get with it Ack-Ack... reading comprehension went by the wayside back in the 90's...along with math, history, spelling, literature, science, physics, biology, chemistry, civics & English. School is now a 7 hr study hall - lunch period dedicated to text messaging...assuming one even attends those sessions.  Meanwhile my property taxes increase 10% a year to underwrite the local school budget.  :t

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »
Some years ago I read a history book with data showing American literacy declining after WW1 and onwards.  The data was garnered from tests on soldiers drafted into the military during wartime.  So WW2 had lower literacy than WW1, Korea lower than WW2, Vietnam lower than Korea, etc.

So we're way off topic now, but the peak of American literacy was somewhere in the early 20th century before University curriculum's were changed to suit the tastes of industrial capitalists.  In 1900 a high school graduate could tell you all about the Illiad, and today a high school grad will answer with something about Homer Simpson.

Shux, I apologize for thread hijacking.:rolleyes:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 06:27:35 PM »
Anaxogoras...I'll assist in hijacking  it another notch.

The curriculum in U.S. public schools has been in "dumb down" for the past 15+ years. IMHO I lay 90% of the blame of the N.E.A. along with the tenure policy that allows incompetant teachers to remain in the system forever. Holding a "dead-head" back a year due to poor grades only results in a teacher taking it on the chin from all parties. End result..."dead-head" gets promoted to the next level of incompetancy.

Univeristies such as M.I.T., CalTech & Berkley are rife with students from Japan, Korea, India & China. Meanwhile high school students from the U.S.A are hard pressed to punctuate a sentence or write a cohesive paragraph.

Most disturbing of all, I'm not hearing one presidential candidate reflect on this problem. All I hear is "new ideas." How bout THIS idea...teach our kids to learn the fundementals to the extent that they (USA) can compete with the rest of the planet in the coming years. Do it in such a way that makes prudent use of the public tax dollars. Get rid of the system that encourages lousy teachers to remain employeed forever. Bottom line...install a system which makes both the teachers and students accountable for SOMETHING related to progressive education.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:31:21 PM by Max »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 06:39:57 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:57:03 AM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 06:43:41 PM »
Off in the distance, you can hear...

DING!..."Fries are done"

:noid
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »
You both might enjoy a book called In Defence of Elitism by William Henry.  It's largely about the dumbing down of education due to egalitarianism run amuck in American culture and institutions.  E.g. "sub-saharan Africa had just as much to contribute to western civilization as Greece," and this kind of schlock ends up in text books and is argued over by school boards.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Get with it Ack-Ack... reading comprehension went by the wayside back in the 90's...along with math, history, spelling, literature, science, physics, biology, chemistry, civics & English. School is now a 7 hr study hall - lunch period dedicated to text messaging...assuming one even attends those sessions.  Meanwhile my property taxes increase 10% a year to underwrite the local school budget.  :t

Hey!  We also have silent sustained reading, a.k.a, nap time.  So that money is going to a good cause.:D

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 07:26:59 PM »
Originally posted by Max

That's pretty close, but it's not even a 7hr study hall anymore (or atleast at the school I use to go to). It's now a 7hr long live chat forum with many different chat room, and a lunch time.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY
Hey!  We also have silent sustained reading, a.k.a, nap time.  So that money is going to a good cause.:D

donkey

That's nice. Meanwhile the portion of my property tax, which now rests at $6,300 per year...about 95% of that slated towards the local school system, cost me almost $18 @ day.

Enjoy the nap.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Patch update Monday?
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 07:48:52 PM »
Originally posted by Max

[hijack]
The education system in Australia is not much different. The emphasis seems to be more upon getting them out the door than equipping them to lead productive lives.
This is the reason our daughter is going to get a lot of education outside of the school system. She's 21 months old, can count to 10, is beginning to form sentences and can use a tool to get the lid off her locked toy box (She used a screwdriver to remove the hinge screws :lol )
She is beginning to learn to identify some small words and all numbers up to 10 by basic pattern recognition, so spelling may be on the agenda in the next year or so.
IMO if the school system is dropping the ball there is no excuse for a parent not to pick up the slack. Admittedly we should not HAVE to, but we owe it to our children to make up for the systems' indifference.
[/hijack]
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder