Author Topic: HELP HTC  (Read 494 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
HELP HTC
« on: March 31, 2001, 10:14:00 PM »
Since the last patch i cannot fly offline.
I reloaded the AH1063 from the full install and it's NOT opening offline. Just hangs and freezes my computer.

The TE editor works fine offline, But when i try to put up a game H2H no countries can fly. I downloaded the hostile shores map but that also has No countries can fly. So i reload AH1063 from the full install on the web page and now my computer locks up soon as i hit fly offline.

????
NUTTZ

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
HELP HTC
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2001, 12:41:00 AM »
I'd try deleting the video.cfg file in the settings directory NUTTZ.  (The settings folder isn't removed on uninstall.)

Worst case, maybe try deleting that whole folder and reinstalling.  You'll lose your joystick mapping, views, keyboard mapping, rw settings, etc.

------------------
bloom25
(Formerly of the)
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
HELP HTC
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2001, 06:08:00 AM »
It's Not the video cnfg file.

It works fine online, Offline and H2h won't work, nor will any map i made and Norway.
I've completely wiped AH 3 times and reinstalled it fresh FULL from HTC's web page and still it doesn't work.

NUTTZ

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
HELP HTC
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2001, 09:03:00 AM »
NUTTZ,

I have a Saitek X-36 joystick... the stick configuration application that runs in the background sometimes causes the same symptoms you are seeing. I simply disable the Saitek auto config, start Aces High, go to offline or HtH, then alt-Tab to start the stick config.

Maybe you have an interfering program in the background... a stick configuration program, roger wilco, who knows what. But your symptoms are the same as mine, so I am guessing the cause is similar.

Yet sometimes, after a fresh patch install or just a week or two, the problem goes away and I am able to start up without disabling the joystick config program first.

Hopefully, this gives you some ideas on how to find the problem.

Later,
Stephen the Eagle

[This message has been edited by streakeagle (edited 04-01-2001).]
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
HELP HTC
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2001, 01:05:00 PM »
I don't use RW, The only thing i have related to Siatek is a hole in the window shaped like a 36x controller. Nothing on my computer has changed. I've been here since the first day of the release with only minor problems and now with the last release it doesn't work. I shouldn't have to wait 1-2 weeks for "it" to clear up, unless i don't have to pay for the wait. I've reinstalled AH "fresh" and it works Online only. The TE works fine Until i try it H2H then as in AH offline, i get the message planes are not available to my country, no matter what map is used.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by streakeagle:
NUTTZ,

I have a Saitek X-36 joystick... the stick configuration application that runs in the background sometimes causes the same symptoms you are seeing. I simply disable the Saitek auto config, start Aces High, go to offline or HtH, then alt-Tab to start the stick config.

Maybe you have an interfering program in the background... a stick configuration program, roger wilco, who knows what. But your symptoms are the same as mine, so I am guessing the cause is similar.

Yet sometimes, after a fresh patch install or just a week or two, the problem goes away and I am able to start up without disabling the joystick config program first.

Hopefully, this gives you some ideas on how to find the problem.

Later,
Stephen the Eagle

[This message has been edited by streakeagle (edited 04-01-2001).]

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
HELP HTC
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2001, 12:01:00 AM »
nuttz go into setup arena settings and set the CountryCanFly settings to 1.

HiTech

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
HELP HTC
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
I did that still doesn't work.

What i had to do is COMPLETELY wipe out AH and start from scratch, I was putting in my config. files ( so i didn't have to reset everything) but that where it was porked. I did a reinstall and it works , I'll just have to live with resetting all the views and settings.

NUTTZ On a side note , since reinstalling v1.063 from the full install a very old bug is back, If I blackout it STAYS blacked out and never returns

Originally posted by hitech:
nuttz go into setup arena settings and set the CountryCanFly settings to 1.

HiTech