Author Topic: A word, if I may  (Read 1681 times)

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »
im glad i have left the ava since the change occured it is no longer the same place it was, a place to get away to.... I refuse to fly in a 3rd ma.  Its just wrong, no offence meant to anyone.

Cheers,
Freez
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
A word, if I may
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 07:08:07 AM »
Hmmm chest thumping..... nope havent seen any of  that!! The party of the first part keeps refering to chest thumping. the only one i know, that does that is Kong, and hes got good reason too, he's a freaking monkey!!

as for anyone else, i dont see any of that on 200. ive never see, "I'm better then you". i have seen words like dweeb, ackosphere, ganging and a few other on 200.

Listen boys and think about it. Any time you put all this testosterone in one place you're always gonna find someone who thinks hes better, stronger, smarter, faster, etc, then anyone else.

I belong to a large gunclub and im an active executive board member. i see it all the time at our meetings. this game is no different.

theres always gonna be the name calling, the whining, the "I am mightier then thou" attitude.

you have several choices:
1. you can get a thicker skin and put up with it
2. you can get really good and shoot down the clown that keeps making fun of you all the time so he'll stop talking trash.
3. you can squelch someone
4. you can not monitor 200 at all
5. you can quit the arena.

all of the above are choices. pick one and lets end this incensent whining!! be a man and for gods sake, leave JG54's LuLu alone!!!

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 08:01:58 AM »
Who cares, we're all lame for playing this game anyway. Your victories mean nothing, your losses mean nothing....unless we all just fight each other in some park, nothing will ever be settled. Its a game and meant to be played. The smack talk doesn't bother me really...it's part of the game, but the personal insults aren't needed. Trying to bait someone into your fight is fine, I see it all the time....but when they don't bite the hook just STFU.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:08:44 AM by lagger86 »
Lagger

Offline republic

• Silver Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »
Originally posted by lagger86
Who cares, we're all lame for playing this game anyway. Your victories mean nothing, your losses mean nothing....unless we all just fight each other in some park, nothing will ever be settled. Its a game and meant to be played. The smack talk doesn't bother me really...it's part of the game

I concur.  :aok

As far as the chest thumping and such mentioned by others...  I play from about 7:30 pm Central to 10:30 pm Central.  Other than harmless "stop running"  "come out of the ionosphere" etc.  I have seen absolutely no malicious 200 speak.

Where are these words of mass destruction?  The way some of your are acting, they must be pretty severe so...name names post screenies, let the exriment hit the fan and lets have this out and be done.

Otherwise we're just acting like a bunch of old women at the beauty shop.  "Did you hear what he said?  Girl, you don't need to take that..."
P-47 pilot

Offline justyy

• Zinc Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 08:16:35 AM »
Smack talking is and has always been used in ever SIM i've played. People stay because they realy like the game not because we all love each other and whisper sweet nothings in each others ears. If that was the case id be long gone by now. I remeber when i first flew in AvA Storch, TK, Kong and a few others told me how weak and inexpeirenced i was (not realy the words they used but u get the meaning) at first i got mad cus i just coulnt believe what they said was true since i came from another WWII SIM and was consider a good stick. Then i looked again and what they suggested was true i did need the TA simply because of the flight modeling in AH was completely different. Since that time i have gone to TA and i've gottten better not real good yet but i'm getting there. Oh by the way wheres my money now TK and Storch that was the deal i say a few nice words about you guys and u'd pay for my AH account for a few months come on devy up now
justyy
Crap not another bomber sortie

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »
Same Posts,  Different Year....

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2008, 07:20:03 PM »
LoL justyy you and the avengers just think of it like a little fraternity hazing.:D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2008, 10:31:07 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
Same Posts,  Different Year....

A bit more irony in some of these.:D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
This is not rocket science.  Trash talking simply makes the atmosphere less pleasant.  No one is going to need therapy, but no one is going to think, "Hey, cool, he really got me with that one!  Hope he does it again!"

Granted, the abusive behavior is worse, pound for pound, in the MAs.  So what?  That doesn't make it more enjoyable to hear it in AvA, where it's actually more noticeable because the text buffer isn't scrolling by at warp speed.

Here's a question:  Viewed from the opposite perspective, what is the enjoyment gained by calling another player names?  Does it make the taunter feel superior, or clever, or a hero to his fellow flyers?  I haven't been able to figure out the motivation.

- oldman

/.ignore Arlo (a handy command to commit to memory)

Sometimes smack, itself, becomes a sort of competative sport to impress/amuse our AHII peers (heh - like that works). Maybe one logs on and sees someone else smacking (not even knowing what started it or who it's aimed at) and feels compelled to champion against the smack-daddy because they seem a bit fulla themselves. In any case it's never really accomplished much other than practicing typing while flying/fighting.

Singing, however, builds comradery and lifts morale.

/.ignore Arlo's singing (but you won't know what you're missing. Or maybe you will.)

OM. You've always represented both class and sanity.

I may be milkrunning out of the way corners until I upgrade my pos pc.

Oh ... that means I anticipate a return soon. :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2008, 11:09:13 PM »
Good I need more kills.:rofl
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 11:10:59 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Good I need more kills.:rofl

I'm sure you do. ;)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 11:13:20 PM »
No I dont. I just want to help you get that thick layer of rust off.:D
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
A word, if I may
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 11:16:30 PM »
Like I told her ... that's not rust, honey .... that's hair dye stains.