Author Topic: country jumping  (Read 1849 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
country jumping
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
well i just want to put out there that for those of you who dont know,
the SUICIDE DWEEBS do change countries as the numbers see fit, in other words we most often fly for the team with the lowest #ers, so if you shoot us down one day and then we are flying as your friendly,the next, dont think spy, think  theres someone who flys for the fight.
  to all you AHers

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
country jumping
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:17:15 PM »
Oh...I was expecting a rant :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:18:49 PM »
I'm guessing that someone accused you of being a spy today?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
country jumping
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:14:29 PM »
the 80th usually flies low number teams also. Good to see others trying to make the game better for the community.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
country jumping
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »
Greetings,

I check to see if Squadies are on.  If not, I look to see if a couple of people I know are on.  If not, lowest side.

Regards,

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
country jumping
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:16:34 PM »
I check the roster numbers first thing when I log in, if I'm not already on the side with lowest numbers I switch. I check the roster periodically while I am logged in and if the numbers show I am no longer on the side with the lowest, I switch again. :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
country jumping
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »
I've finally gotten past my "staying loyal to a chess piece" stage.  I've realized that it's about who you're flying with, not what country or whatever.  

It's made the game a ton more enjoyable.:aok

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
country jumping
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 03:32:23 AM »
who are the suicide dweebs?

Swapping countries for the lowest #'s good for you!

How about game jumping?
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
country jumping
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:35:50 AM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
the 80th usually flies low number teams also. Good to see others trying to make the game better for the community.

Funny I made same arguement on AvA arena and got totally bashed over asking if numbers were so outa place if people would switch over.

However if numbers are low in one country, usually numbers are crazy in the other arena for that same country. I would say instead of hording one arena balance it out, always been my thing, but number caps too say otherwise.

What sucks is when you come on the "main" LW arena to see bishops with numbers like 50 rooks 125 knits 125 and goto other arena, you see they have numbers of 125 and 50 50 as followed.

Never could figure this out, I remember knights used to do this, you'd get numbers like 125 50 125 but in 2nd arena knights would have over 100 in it vs 40 40.

I do remember my old squad name was "death by eny" when this happens.

Offline baine1

• Zinc Member
country jumping
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 07:31:32 AM »
It's funny. My squad rarely changes countries. We did on Sunday 'cause the Bish were so outnumbered in MW. Then we spent the rest of the night dealing with folks who thought we were there to spy.
Sheesh.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
country jumping
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 07:45:48 AM »
Changing countries is fun! :aok

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »
My squad is in the middle of a country tour, every 2 months we switch countries, we were Rooks, now were Bish, next we'll be Knights.  Were doing this to see if we find one country we like better then another.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 10:03:42 AM »
Once upon a time, before the MA's were split into the different arena's that we have now, I would have said country jumping was bad. Stay on one country, keep the numbers' consistent, try for balance, keep the gameplay good for everyone.

However, the way the setup is today, even with ENY factored in, balance is seemingly impossible. And the effect of the balance is worse, when you see the lower overall arena #'s. When you have fewer people in an arena, you don't need as many over one side or another to make a big difference. A 'horde' can be comprised of fewer people, and still have the same effect.

I know Dale (Hitech) Split the MA's to try to fix a perceived problem with the gameplay. But it seems' like the cure spawned more problems' than we origanally had.

So now, I say please jump to balance...But please do so responsibly. Don't simply go somewhere else, simply to try to get the most squad base captures, or because one team is on a roll, and you can get alot of vulch kills' off of the 'steam roller' effect. Jump to make this game better for everyone. Thank you.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
country jumping
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »
Originally posted by baine1
It's funny. My squad rarely changes countries. We did on Sunday 'cause the Bish were so outnumbered in MW. Then we spent the rest of the night dealing with folks who thought we were there to spy.
Sheesh.

You guys are ALWAYS welcome with our squad in Bishland Baine1! Pay no attention to those fembots that make baseless accusations! The AAs flew bish a couple of tours ago and I was happy to wing with 'em. Now that they are Rooks, I'm happy to fight against 'em!

The only players that I've ever accused of spying are the ones that DO spy.

For example, a (unamed squeaker) player was a rook, switched, flew a couple of missions that were both ambushed by a large amount of uppers AT altitude after a good tight NOE flight to a "backwater" base! No DARBAR showed during either flight and we encountered no "enemy" aircraft during either mission UNTIL we popped over the ridgeline and (shazamm) 20+ uppers were laying in wait. The only factor that differed from any number of succesful missions by the same planner (both before and after) was the inclusion of this player who's gameid I won't mention.

I have winged with squads from Rooks and Knights and have had the same guys wing with our squad (False Prophets). We've had fun both ways, but will never fight against our "original" countries. That way the spying accusations are not a factor. I have had nothing but respect shown toward myself or other squaddies when we do these "exchanges".
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
For example, a (unamed squeaker) player was a rook, switched, flew a couple of missions that were both ambushed by a large amount of uppers AT altitude after a good tight NOE flight to a "backwater" base! No DARBAR showed during either flight and we encountered no "enemy" aircraft during either mission UNTIL we popped over the ridgeline and (shazamm) 20+ uppers were laying in wait. The only factor that differed from any number of succesful missions by the same planner (both before and after) was the inclusion of this player who's gameid I won't mention.

Maj.Issue: It is argued, that NOE 'sneak' missions, in which a group of players' attempts' to capture a base with no opposition, is actually more detrimental to gameplay, than spying is.

What you just described your mission doing, is claimed to be the destruction of gameplay.

As a matter of fact, the (unnamed squeaker) will actually stand in better regard with some members' of this community for his action of 'spying' - which you deplore - and he will actually get more kudos' for it.

Was the fight fun? I'd like to hear the other side of the story.