Author Topic: country jumping  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 11:28:16 AM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
Maj.Issue: It is argued, that NOE 'sneak' missions, in which a group of players' attempts' to capture a base with no opposition, is actually more detrimental to gameplay, than spying is.

What you just described your mission doing, is claimed to be the destruction of gameplay.

As a matter of fact, the (unnamed squeaker) will actually stand in better regard with some members' of this community for his action of 'spying' - which you deplore - and he will actually get more kudos' for it.

Was the fight fun? I'd like to hear the other side of the story.
I disagree on the NOE sneak missions.  They happened in RL, why not in the game?  I think spying is far worse.  Sure, the RL wars have spys, but the risk was death.. Spying poses no risk in the game.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
country jumping
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
I disagree on the NOE sneak missions.  They happened in RL, why not in the game?  I think spying is far worse.  Sure, the RL wars have spys, but the risk was death.. Spying poses no risk in the game.

Neither do NOE missions, which also had the risk of death in RL. There is a reason why they were comparatively rare...

We do neither die from spying or NOE in this game ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Neither do NOE missions, which also had the risk of death in RL. There is a reason why they were comparatively rare...

Well, I have "died" during several NOE missions.  Since we have kill shooter, we can't take care of the spys..

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche

No, we don't die, Lusche.

Just everyone's interest in playing AH, that's all.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
country jumping
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »
Thats where the problem is.  Everyone is flying for the lowest numbers side.  No wonder one side has always more people.

Wait a minute :huh
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
country jumping
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »
Originally posted by Bruv119
who are the suicide dweebs?

Swapping countries for the lowest #'s good for you!

How about game jumping?

we are the SUICIDE DWEEBZ , not a large squad just 3 of us.  
   my first 4 years in AH i was a BOP.   no country jumpin alowed
so once i left them i desided to jump, the game has been way better for me, now i fight red guys to get my killz not green.

game jumping?  ive played all the other flight sims none match up to AH.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:45:51 PM by ink »

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
country jumping
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 01:48:44 PM »
Originally posted by FrodeMk3
Maj.Issue: It is argued, that NOE 'sneak' missions, in which a group of players' attempts' to capture a base with no opposition, is actually more detrimental to gameplay, than spying is.

What you just described your mission doing, is claimed to be the destruction of gameplay.

As a matter of fact, the (unnamed squeaker) will actually stand in better regard with some members' of this community for his action of 'spying' - which you deplore - and he will actually get more kudos' for it.

Was the fight fun? I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

At the time the Bish [outnumbered again] were getting hammered. The intent of the "behind the lines" mission was to take pressure off the "front line" bases. So even though the base takes were busted, the number of players that upped to defend, took players from that besieged bases on the "front" and gave a little time for us to regroup. To spin it... a sucessful failure! another viewpoint would be an opportunity for the rooks to pad their scores in a 'turkey shoot". From my viewpoint is wasn't fun to fly 20 minutes NOE, only to get my heavy 110 bounced by several spixteens and LAs.

A deep NOE attack will change the dynamic of the battle and move initative [sp?] to the attackers.
I would rather make the opposition react to what I'm doing than to be the one that was trying to prevent them from taking my bases.

Changing countries for the purpose of telling the opposition what is coming is IMHO dishonorable! Do you hold a different opinion?
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
country jumping
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 01:55:17 PM »
Only thing that annoys me most, is NOE bomber missions. A set of 4-5 lanc groups go over a field and take down all hangers, and town before anyone has time to react and the base is already lost. Spies however my impression is if someone is going to spend an extra 15 dollars on a video game simply to shoot down a few goons is seriously in need of a new hobby. Saying that if someone wants to spend 30 dollars on a video game a month so be it! Hey I spent 200 on my flight setup, why can't the next guy spend little extra achieving his ultimate goal of shooting down the most goons a month?

Instead of paying 15 for a spy, simply watch your dar circles, when one starts flashing with no Dar around it, pretty good idea either a GV or NOE raid is Inbound. Much cheaper and taking an La7 up to intercept you can easily get 5k in a minute or two so your well and ready for defense.

just my 2 pennies.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
country jumping
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 02:06:06 PM »

Over water maybe, but your telling me that a squadron could fly low over the coast of France all the way to the Rhine and no one would have noticed or called it in to the LW? Doubt it.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
country jumping
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 02:10:31 PM »

And the risk of flying bombers at tree top in enemy territory would be what?  70 virgins? :O

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
country jumping
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 02:20:36 PM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
At the time the Bish [outnumbered again] were getting hammered. The intent of the "behind the lines" mission was to take pressure off the "front line" bases. So even though the base takes were busted, the number of players that upped to defend, took players from that besieged bases on the "front" and gave a little time for us to regroup. To spin it... a sucessful failure! another viewpoint would be an opportunity for the rooks to pad their scores in a 'turkey shoot". From my viewpoint is wasn't fun to fly 20 minutes NOE, only to get my heavy 110 bounced by several spixteens and LAs.

A deep NOE attack will change the dynamic of the battle and move initative [sp?] to the attackers.
I would rather make the opposition react to what I'm doing than to be the one that was trying to prevent them from taking my bases.

I have always disagreed with this logic. If you want to draw players away from the active front why not come into the rear base with alt and light up dar so they can all see where you are?  I can assure you that will draw far more players that an NOE mission where all your going to get is vulched if you try to defend.

Be honest with us. I've heard this from many a player including veteran former squadies. the only reason for NOE is:

1. Take the base with no or limited resistance.
2. Drop hangers and ack without resistance in support of 1.
3. Setup the vulch fest.

Thing is, when the opposition does come up and the fight is on, to many times I have heard "This is a bust, lets go somewhere else". How does that help the other front being hoarded?

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 02:22:34 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
Over water maybe, but your telling me that a squadron could fly low over the coast of France all the way to the Rhine and no one would have noticed or called it in to the LW? Doubt it.
Well, is 600 miles enough?  
This was from more recent, but  I think you will get the picture http://www.f-16.net/news_article1833.html

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
And the risk of flying bombers at tree top in enemy territory would be what?  70 virgins? :O
Never tried an NOE bomber mission D, nor was bomber mentioned in the post until Adonai said he didn't like them, but thank you for sharing.  Your contribution was "grand". :huh

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
country jumping
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
Never tried an NOE bomber mission D, nor was bomber mentioned in the post until Adonai said he didn't like them, but thank you for sharing.  Your contribution was "grand". :huh

OK, no bombers.  I will even assume nothing heavy either.  What do you think the risk in would be in real life?  I am guessing death but you seem to have a dif opinion so please give us your "grand" contribution.  As a matter of fact, the spy would have a bigger chance making it out of the war alive than anyone would getting out of the mission.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
country jumping
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
OK, no bombers.  I will even assume nothing heavy either.  What do you think the risk in would be in real life?  I am guessing death but you seem to have a dif opinion so please give us your "grand" contribution.  As a matter of fact, the spy would have a bigger chance making it out of the war alive than anyone would getting out of the mission.
Hummmm... Another contribution, and one that happenes to be a little more "period". Doolittle raid (ya, they were bombers, and the base, mostly undefended, because it was a "suprise attack")

NOE's are dangerous true, but done.  

Actually D, I was the one who brought up death..

Thanks again. :D, you are a real peach.