Author Topic: Odd film issue  (Read 213 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Odd film issue
« on: February 21, 2008, 12:27:14 AM »
It seems on the first start of AH of the day, from the first boot - I will hit the record button. The computer will think about it for 20 seconds as if its gathering graphics or some crap, and then throw me a host connection lost message. BUT, if I go back from dropping to desktop and restart AH, hit the film recorder again - it'll go into recording mode instantly without any hesitation.

The only thing I can add is there are something like 800 video files in the folder I keep.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Odd film issue
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:32:25 AM »
Originally posted by Wolfala

The only thing I can add is there are something like 800 video files in the folder I keep.

And that exactly is your problem. The more films you have in folder, the longer the initialisation takes.
Move them to another folder.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Odd film issue
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »
Yep, every couple of months I move all my films and screen shots to seperate folders. Fast as they are takes a long time for the film counter to find 801 as the next film name.
{ I'm probably completely wrong in my last sentence. }
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54