Author Topic: what gives?  (Read 4552 times)

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
what gives?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008, 01:10:02 AM »
from what im hearing from your axis friends, ya do, and hard!!!
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2008, 01:12:25 AM »
Only with sheep!:O
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
what gives?
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2008, 02:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
In an early war setup the F4F is uber.

tango the f4f3 was only like 12 mph faster but it could only cary 4 .50s.

The F4F-3 was also lighter, more maneuverable and had a longer firing time compared to the F4F-4.  

While the F4F-4 was improved to carry 6 .50 caliber machine guns, it carried the same ammo load of the F4F-3 but spread out among the six machine guns, 240 rounds each.  Total firing time for the F4F-4 was 20 seconds, compared to the 34 seconds of the F4F-3.  The only real thing that made the F4F-4 better than the F4F-3 is that you could store 5 F4F-4s on a carrier where you'd only be able to get 2 F4F-3s to fit due to the F4F-4's folding wings.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
what gives?
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 02:20:35 AM »
Do you get it? I guess not. The armor is great, it can take more then twice the cannon rounds then the other planes in the setup. Its 6 .50cals are/were the best loadout in the setup. It doesnt need speed or turning ability. Its shear survivability and armament  makes it uber. Just like the Hurri2C in the EWMA. Once f4f was added in the first war thats what 95% of the allies flew.

Iv notived that allies have/had a few non early war planes I guess they were added to "balance" the arena.

Quit Luftwhining TK and get back in your tank :)

There will never be a set up in AvA where the LW planes will ever match up.  The Allied planes are ALWAYS uber and hide in the ack.  Just ask Storch :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 02:23:59 AM »
So your saying that four guns are better then six? Thing is that the F4F should have never been in the setup in the first place. It has 1/3 more hitting power then the earlier version and is two year older then the other one.

BTW tango the F4F-3 was first put in service in late '40 and if I remeber right the F4F-2 got beat out by the Buffalo, but I could be wrong.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008, 02:26:20 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Quit Luftwhining TK and get back in your tank :)

There will never be a set up in AvA where the LW planes will ever match up.  The Allied planes are ALWAYS uber and hide in the ack.  Just ask Storch :)

Dont make me post the picture showing what I do to P38s that mess with my tank! I think eaglepoo is still haveing headachs.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
what gives?
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008, 07:28:49 AM »
BTW tango the F4F-3 was first put in service in late '40 and if I remeber right the F4F-2 got beat out by the Buffalo, but I could be wrong.

So I guess that means your saying the Buffalo was uber as well?

What I find so funny is your afraid of Allied pilots flying a plane that has PILOT armor and 2 extra 50s.

Pilot aromor won't prevent the plane from coming down if Axis canon rounds take off a wing or tail, now will it?

As for the 2 extra 50s, what good are they when most of the time a 109 and 110 pilot can dictate how the fight is to be. The 109 and 110 outrun and outclimb it.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
If I didnt know this was real  I would never believe an argument broke out over the "uberness" of the F4F.:rofl

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
what gives?
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2008, 09:13:15 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
If I didnt know this was real  I would never believe an argument broke out over the "uberness" of the F4F.:rofl

Its a new class of whine.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
what gives?
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »
there is more whine in the AVA than the Napa Valley
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline republic

• Silver Member
what gives?
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2008, 10:27:53 AM »
Originally posted by Tango

What I find so funny is your afraid of Allied pilots flying a plane that has PILOT armor and 2 extra 50s.

Have you ever flown a 109-E against an F4F?  Because...you sound like you haven't.  Other than the IL2, the F4F/FM2 is one of the hardest planes to kill in the game.

It is always humorous when the allies have to have the AvA staff hold their hand and provide them with non era aircraft so they can hold their own...then they piously look down on the Axis for pointing that fact out.

Humorous indeed...  Or perhaps the word is irony...
P-47 pilot

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
what gives?
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2008, 10:51:12 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
believe it or not the 202 was removed from the planeset because the staffed deemed it uber as well.  :rolleyes:

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »
Well, as you know, they are both very good in their own ways but I dont consider either one uber even in an early war setup because they both have strong flaws as well. The F4F turns good, has a great gun package for early war, but is slow and climbs like a refrigerator full of bowling balls. The C202 is a wonderfully performing plane, climbs outstanding, but its gun package is only rivaled by the Val and Stuka for its wimpyness. Even the 8x .303 package is better than the C202.

Any early war setup that has the 110c and nothing Allied with cannons, its the class of the field if you ask me, which you didnt. :)

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
what gives?
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2008, 11:11:13 AM »
Originally posted by republic
Have you ever flown a 109-E against an F4F?  Because...you sound like you haven't.  Other than the IL2, the F4F/FM2 is one of the hardest planes to kill in the game.

It is always humorous when the allies have to have the AvA staff hold their hand and provide them with non era aircraft so they can hold their own...then they piously look down on the Axis for pointing that fact out.

Humorous indeed...  Or perhaps the word is irony...

I find it humorous that you think the F4F is uber when compared to the 109.

:rofl
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
what gives?
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2008, 11:12:25 AM »
clearly the uber 110 is the uber plane in this set up but the F4F was a good counter for it.  its a shame the F4F was removed.

on the other hand the TBM with its rocket batteries remains so go figure.