Author Topic: what gives?  (Read 4535 times)

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
what gives?
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
Originally posted by Tango
I find it humorous that you think the F4F is uber when compared to the 109.

:rofl
tango I think what you are experiencing is the frustration that comes from fighting people who know what they are doing.  the proficiency that the dedicated axis players have in their rides comes from hours upon hours of dedication to the ride and to game.  it's hard to beat people who know the strengths and weaknesses of their vehicles.

Offline Emu

• Copper Member
what gives?
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2008, 11:22:07 AM »

As for the 2 extra 50s, what good are they when most of the time a 109 and 110 pilot can dictate how the fight is to be. The 109 and 110 outrun and outclimb it.

Guess you werent around last time when the Allies got the Spit9 and the Axis got the 190A5.  With the proper tactics, the Axis did very well, even when the Spit9 outclimbs, outturns, and has very similar speed capabilities.  With the proper tactics, its dive capabilities, and good gun package, the F4F is a lethal aircraft.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
what gives?
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »
**Yawns... scratches butt... reads more of the thread...***
Justguess sezbelieve it or not the 202 was removed from the planeset because the staffed deemed it uber as well.

Always wondered why they did that.  P-40 was a good match against it.

Originally posted by republic
Have you ever flown a 109-E against an F4F?  Because...you sound like you haven't.  Other than the IL2, the F4F/FM2 is one of the hardest planes to kill in the game.
...then they piously look down on the Axis for pointing that fact out.

Humorous indeed...  Or perhaps the word is irony...
:rofl :rofl :rofl  @ "one of the hardest planes to kill" and "...piously..." whine.

Oh God, Republic, I can't wait to hear you comment on the Spit and Hurri 1's.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

**imagines what the Axis whiner's would say about the Boston if it were in AvA to counter the 110...  chuckles then goes back to bed...**
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 11:54:56 AM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
what gives?
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2008, 11:56:53 AM »
Originally posted by justguess
tango I think what you are experiencing is the frustration that comes from fighting people who know what they are doing.  the proficiency that the dedicated axis players have in their rides comes from hours upon hours of dedication to the ride and to game.  it's hard to beat people who know the strengths and weaknesses of their vehicles.

Nope. I have 15 kills and 4 deaths in the P-40B this map. I think I'm holding up pretty good.

I just find it interesting that some think the F4F is uber.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
what gives?
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2008, 11:58:25 AM »
Nope. I have 15 kills and 4 deaths in the P-40B this map. I think I'm holding up pretty good.

Heck Tango, you could fly a paperclip and do that :aok

Great job the other night sir.  Was a pleasure to see you at work.
:cool:
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
what gives?
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »

yup the way you play I believe you.  I'm at least three of those 15 kills and they were all you dropping in from pretty high while I was engaged.

that is pretty much an indicator that we might need to work on our playing abilities.

inspite of what I just typed the fights in the arena were really good and I had lots of fun.  I'm glad there were equal numbers and I'm glad there was a good allied turn out.

I suspect arlo is back flying as guthrie.  he and slash were winged up tightly and bringing it to the axis base unlike the rest of the allied field which tended to hang in the ack.

welcome back arlo, it looks like you knocked the rust off rather quickly.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 12:14:57 PM »
I suspect arlo is back flying as guthrie.  he and slash were winged up tightly and bringing it to the axis base unlike the rest of the allied field which tended to hang in the ack.

welcome back arlo, it looks like you knocked the rust off rather quickly.

Tardlo didnt pick a very clever shades name did he? :D

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
what gives?
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2008, 12:28:55 PM »
Originally posted by Odee
Heck Tango, you could fly a paperclip and do that :aok

Great job the other night sir.  Was a pleasure to see you at work.
:cool:

Thank you sir. Was a pleasure flying with you as well.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
what gives?
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »
yup the way you play I believe you.  I'm at least three of those 15 kills and they were all you dropping in from pretty high while I was engaged.

that is pretty much an indicator that we might need to work on our playing abilities.

LOL

Whats that supposed to mean? You want me to get into turn fights with a P-40 agaisnt 109s and Zeros. Get real. I guess your gonna say that Chennault was wrong using those same tactics.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
what gives?
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2008, 01:09:17 PM »
actually that's exactly what I mean and do!!! did you not pick me while I was turnfighting spits and hurricanes in a 110?

here's my point (I'm going to put it out here again even though I'm sure I will miss again) it is a game and you don't die, you get as many free planes as you prang plus one per month at no extra charge.  I know this is difficult for some of us to grasp so it bears repeating YOU DON"T DIE!!!!

get with 1duke1 and ask him for some P40 lessons.  he can turn that thing against most anything and win.

dedalos is ok in it as well.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2008, 01:20:14 PM »
<----pwns 1Duke1 & Deadalot in the Pee Fortay

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2008, 01:43:17 PM »
They wont get it because these guys all fly allied, so they dont know how hard it is to take the F4F down, and that even with a snapshot you always take damage from the 6 50s.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
what gives?
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »
get with 1duke1 and ask him for some P40 lessons.  he can turn that thing against most anything and win.

While those two are legends in their own time when flying the P-40E, I'm not sure the reputation carries over to that pathetic P-40B.

Honestly, if someone can get a P-40B kill against a flying enemy plane, he should be lauded, even if the victim had a pilot wound and an engine out.  I count the P-40B to be the most useless death trap in AH2.

- oldman

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
what gives?
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2008, 02:16:31 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
While those two are legends in their own time when flying the P-40E, I'm not sure the reputation carries over to that pathetic P-40B.

Honestly, if someone can get a P-40B kill against a flying enemy plane, he should be lauded, even if the victim had a pilot wound and an engine out.  I count the P-40B to be the most useless death trap in AH2.

- oldman

What about the C.202?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
what gives?
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »
OldmanHonestly, if someone can get a P-40B kill against a flying enemy plane, he should be lauded, even if the victim had a pilot wound and an engine out. I count the P-40B to be the most useless death trap in AH2.
Actually I nailed 5 C.202's in one flight and a handfull of A6M's and 109's in the next with the P40B... landed em both. :aok
Unfortunately, the C202 and F4F were both yanked shortly there after so my Italian marks probably no longer count. :cry
Originally posted by Larry
They wont get it because these guys all fly allied, so they dont know how hard it is to take the F4F down, and that even with a snapshot you always take damage from the 6 50s.
Is this as opposed to taking damage from the snapshot and HO 109 and 110's canons?  Sorry, if I'm just a little confused about your point, Larry.  1 plane that can go toe-to-toe with those 2 Axis and you have to cry about it?

Well, what if Allies had the Boston?  Would that mollify you guys?

Overall?  Once the squads started showing up in earnest last night, the fights turned into some pretty fierce and fun furballs between A24 and A25

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:38:28 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!