Author Topic: Gun sounds too loud  (Read 770 times)

Offline Pigpen

• Zinc Member
Gun sounds too loud
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:59:22 PM »
I've gone into the Preferences/Game Sounds tab, and lowered the sounds of some items without any problems...but I can't get my guns sounds reduced at all. The slider will move (and stay at the new level I set), but the sound itself isn't chaged...right now the guns sound like jackhammers on my eardrums regardless of what setting level I use. I'd rather not reduce the master volume, since there are some items I want to have louder.

I've quit and reopened the sim several times thinking maybe the settings would only be changed by "recycling" the sim, but that didn't make a difference.

Is this a known bug, or something weird with my setup?

pigpen

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »
There are several gun sounds I think, depending on the kind you are firing
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 08:25:32 PM »
I know for me the guns will go quiet when I manually reduce the volume of just them (I believe it was M2 Primary and M2 secondary for the P-51, not sure if that is true for all of them), but then seem to reset themselves back to default once you reload the game.  For me, opening then closing sound preferences changed the gun sounds back to low.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 12:58:04 PM »
Hello Pigpen.  I owe you an apology for calling you a swine the other day.  I thought that you were the "P1gpen" that just joined my squad the Pigs on the Wing.  Kind of a squad greeting.  As you can see he spells his name differently.  Is this your ingame screenname?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »
For me, AC cannons are listed as Weapon on the game sounds ajustment page of my clipboard and can be changed per sortie on the runway. It seems to reset when I tower out. But then there are seveal different cannon sounds. This may be why it acts that way. More than one sound file involved.

Would like to see it save though. Does it for anyone?
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 07:14:28 PM »
Go into your Options/Preferences/Game Sounds  

You will turn down the "M2 Primary Gun" & "M2 Secondary Gun" by adjusting the slider.  Adjust them on the slider and click the 'ok' button.  They will save then.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »
check your speaker connections (especially if you have a subwoof booster).

Had one unplugged (unbeknownst to me) and it nearly blew me outta the chair when I pulled the trigger.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Pigpen

• Zinc Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »
Originally posted by Sketch
Go into your Options/Preferences/Game Sounds  

You will turn down the "M2 Primary Gun" & "M2 Secondary Gun" by adjusting the slider.  Adjust them on the slider and click the 'ok' button.  They will save then.

Did that; didn't work. As others have said here, every time I end a sortie, then go back into the cockpit, the gun sounds are FULL VOLUME again. But since others have the same problem, I guess it's not just my setup.

pigpen

Offline Pigpen

• Zinc Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »
Originally posted by waystin2
Hello Pigpen.  I owe you an apology for calling you a swine the other day.  I thought that you were the "P1gpen" that just joined my squad the Pigs on the Wing.  Kind of a squad greeting.  As you can see he spells his name differently.  Is this your ingame screenname?

No prob, waystin2. I thought you were just generically referring to my callsign, since you have a website that's "pig oriented"...;)

I haven't gone into the game online yet, I'm still trying to get the AH views sorted out on my HOTAS system; I've been "spoiled" by the padlock view in Falcon that I've used for 7-8 years. Change doesn't come as easily at my age as it did when I was in my 30s.

pigpen

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 01:16:27 PM »
Originally posted by Pigpen

I haven't gone into the game online yet, I'm still trying to get the AH views sorted out on my HOTAS system;
pigpen

What setup do you have .... many folks here have X52 and CH. It could lessen the setup pain with a simple file.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
Did that; didn't work. As others have said here, every time I end a sortie, then go back into the cockpit, the gun sounds are FULL VOLUME again. But since others have the same problem, I guess it's not just my setup.

pigpen

I have no clue on to why it is doing this.  
Are you using a custom soundpack?  
Are you running any other sound programs, such as something for your headphones or speakers while playing?

This is a first for me and I have made sound packs for the game.  And this is not a question poking at your clicking ability but, you did click the 'OKAY' button after adjusting the sliders correct?

Also, what Shuffler said, What setup are you using?
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Pigpen

• Zinc Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »
I have no clue on to why it is doing this.  
Are you using a custom soundpack?  
Are you running any other sound programs, such as something for your headphones or speakers while playing?

This is a first for me and I have made sound packs for the game.  And this is not a question poking at your clicking ability but, you did click the 'OKAY' button after adjusting the sliders correct?

Also, what Shuffler said, What setup are you using?

Sketch,

If you do a search on "Sound Level issue", you'll see a thread where at least 6 other pilots say they have this same issue, so I know it's not a new one.

As for me, I'm not using a custom soundpack, and I'm not running any other sound programs.

I'm using Saitek X-45 joystick/throttle combo right now (but at some point I'm going to add my Thrustmaster rudder pedals).

pigpen

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »
Sketch,

If you do a search on "Sound Level issue", you'll see a thread where at least 6 other pilots say they have this same issue, so I know it's not a new one.

As for me, I'm not using a custom soundpack, and I'm not running any other sound programs.

I'm using Saitek X-45 joystick/throttle combo right now (but at some point I'm going to add my Thrustmaster rudder pedals).

pigpen

Yeah I checked that already to see if there was anything out here.... been around the game a while and know about 'search'.  The only ones I see are yours and JB73's as the main ones pertaining to this.  Did you try doing what SlapShot suggested in this thread: Sound Level Issues
Just trying to help is all....
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
Yeah I checked that already to see if there was anything out here.... been around the game a while and know about 'search'.  The only ones I see are yours and JB73's as the main ones pertaining to this.  Did you try doing what SlapShot suggested in this thread: Sound Level Issues
Just trying to help is all....
That never resolved my issue either.

it kind of gripes me no one from HTC can either A: reproduce this, or B: diagnose it.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
Gun sounds too loud
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
That never resolved my issue either.

it kind of gripes me no one from HTC can either A: reproduce this, or B: diagnose it.

Yeah I was looking for one of the Admin guys to jump in there and didn't see it...

What about a fresh re-install...?  I know it sucks doing but was just wondering if it has been tried.
~Oderint Dum Metuant~