Author Topic: <S> to the allied squads  (Read 363 times)

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
<S> to the allied squads
« on: March 02, 2008, 09:01:22 AM »
I would like to address the allied squads that are frequenting the arena with some encouragement and a bit of my perspective about your game.

first off in my opinion you guys are improving.  you are getting killed still but at least for me it is taking longer to do so.  that is a marked improvement.

secondly, you guys are coming away from your ack a little bit and that is allowing you to apply pressure on a broader front.  you guys consistently have greater numbers keep in mind that you cannot capture bases from your bases you must step away from the ack in order to attack.

thirdly, when you attack a base and as players get pixellated it is imperative that the few living players stay and hold as best they can until your reinforcements arrive.  using 19 as an example you guys came within three drunks of capturing but because you were down to three attackers those guys fled allowing us to kill the troops already running which would have given you the capture.  the reason for those players RTBing was so that they could land their three of four vultched kills each.

and lastly,  you guys don't need to climb so high.  notice that it takes you longer to get up to 10-12k and the end result is that in three seconds you are on the deck, pixellated and back in the tower.  come in at about 5k come in with a tight formation not a daisy chain of cannon fodder you will be far more effective if you do so.

I want to salute flatiron particularly.  you are developing some some good smooth slow handling skills and you are doing so with every ride you are in.  if you are working with a trainer thank him.  if you are not working with a trainer seek one out he will save you months of time, you have the potential to become very good.

Offline justguess

• Copper Member
<S> to the allied squads
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:59:40 AM »
I'm going to bump this in light of the fight last night for nineteen.

you guys had us outnumbered 2:1 and yet.....

I just logged off from the AvA and the intrepid allieds had recaptured both 19 and 25.  I want to congratulate team allied on these two victories it's a pity they were taken unopposed no doubt.

that's the spirit team allieds I think you may have at last found your surefire formula for success, milk when no one is on.

:rofl
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 08:05:12 AM by justguess »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
<S> to the allied squads
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:10:23 AM »
had to be after 4am EST because they had no troops til then hehehehe. gee how did that happen??

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
<S> to the allied squads
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:29:06 AM »
Originally posted by captain1ma
had to be after 4am EST because they had no troops til then hehehehe. gee how did that happen??

A19 was taken at 0153 Eastern  I don't know what time 25 fell to Allied hands.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/