Author Topic: AINEIS in the DA  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Re: AINEIS in the DA
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »
If you have more alt or E before the initial merge then you are CHEATING
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »

My Mistake, Ive never heard of this before.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
I've witnessed enough DA's that people generally agree before hand the rules to the fight, regardless of "standard accepted practice".

Everyone has their "rules" to DA and Ive never see a single player follow a "standard accepted practice" Ive seen people ask for no Ho on merge, others no HO shots period, even after merge, ive seen 7k Alt Cap even AFTER merge.

I believe if your going to DA you set the rules up before the fight to everyone is clear.

So when you said, "7K alt cap" and then you climbed to 10K in your Hurri MkI, what part of your own rules did you not understand?
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »
10$ on AKAK.

:noid

Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 04:09:01 PM »
So when you said, "7K alt cap" and then you climbed to 10K in your Hurri MkI, what part of your own rules did you not understand?

Nope, said 7k on the merge not Alt Cap.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »
When you duel someone for bragging rights it's a good idea to have a friend use CM mode to make sure the other one doesn't cheat that way. There are old timers that do it too, because they are losers.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:14:37 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »
When you duel someone for bragging rights it's a good idea to have a friend use CM mode to make sure the other one doesn't cheat that way. There are old timers that do it too, because they are losers.

Wasn't bragging rights for one thing, fact he was so busy insulting me in Main Arena while I was waiting in DA is point I was making.

The DA itself is my mistake, If i knew the webpage with every single rule, I'd post every rule before hand.
I simply used 7k on merge and No HO on merge as my only rules.

So far ive done a few dozen DA's and never once had anyone mention Alt Cap or even Energy Restrictions. Granted I've been only one recording films of my DA's and posting them in non-important Forums just to get better tips on what I did right / wrong. I never had anyone mention it till now there's a rule on energy restrictions. Is there a forum post on every single rule for DA?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 04:20:34 PM »
I've witnessed enough DA's that people generally agree before hand the rules to the fight, regardless of "standard accepted practice".

Everyone has their "rules" to DA and Ive never see a single player follow a "standard accepted practice" Ive seen people ask for no Ho on merge, others no HO shots period, even after merge, ive seen 7k Alt Cap even AFTER merge.

I believe if your going to DA you set the rules up before the fight to everyone is clear.

Right, there are no set Rules for a particular duel, except those agreed upon prior to said duel. However, my previous statement still stands. A 7k alt cap at the initial merge means you don't violate the alt cap prior to the merge either, that is the standard accepted practice I was talking about. Violating the alt cap prior to the merge gives you an unfair advantage that the agreed upon alt cap was intended to prevent.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »
A rule I like is if you get more then 2K from your opponent and your nose is pointed away from him, you loose.  If both of you are nose away, the round is forfeit.

It's also best if both of you get fresh planes between each round, because the winner will have a lighter fuel and ammo load.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:34:09 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »
Wasn't bragging rights for one thing, fact he was so busy insulting me in Main Arena while I was waiting in DA is point I was making.

What a hypocrit.  I have never seen someone that runs their mouth and insults people more in the MA than you.  You never shut up.  You brag about this, that, whatever.  Constantly your mouth runs... just like a diarrhea but from a different orifice. 

The really funny thing is that you sit there and brag about kills that are nothing more than picking people you ran away from only to come back and kill them when they were engaged with someone else. 

You really define the word "pathetic".

I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »

ja!!!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »
I love it when threads like these do not go the way the original poster intended and exposes their dweebery.   :aok

ack-ack

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:40:27 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
I love it when threads like these do not go the way the original poster intended and exposes their dweebery.   :aok

ack-ack

:D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »
Adonai, what are you trying to get out of posting this and Da'ing the way you did?

The whole point of the DA is for a good 1v1 and to see who the better pilot is. I enjoy the thrill of the fight, win or lose. Violating the rules is not cool. I would be surprised if anyone wants to duel with you after reading this post.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »
Adonai, what are you trying to get out of posting this and Da'ing the way you did?

The whole point of the DA is for a good 1v1 and to see who the better pilot is. I enjoy the thrill of the fight, win or lose. Violating the rules is not cool. I would be surprised if anyone wants to duel with you after reading this post.

As I enjoy good fights win or lose, however Ive never seen or heard these rules in every time ive been in the DA arena.

I've won my share and Lost, everytime I film them so other party can watch and we swap ideas.

Ya know if there was a post on "DA Rules" Would be nice to see, You can't bash someone for not knowing rules people say are "Old as Airwarriors" To those who flew then sure. Not those who only been in DA since October, and yet Ive never heard anyone mention them. I've spoken few times on 200 in DA asking setups and such.