Author Topic: AINEIS in the DA  (Read 3396 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Re: AINEIS in the DA
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »
This thread is priceless  :rock

I've seen threads go badly for a poster before but this one is for the records....

Look ma, I cheat really well!!!  I won a duel in which I purposefully went out of my way to gain an airspeed advantage AND I used outside views to boot!!!  AND because i have no ability to filter my thoughts before i type on ch 200 or post...I made a permanent fool of myself to boot!!!

:salute
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2008, 01:41:50 AM »
 :noid :huh
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »
lol, everybody except AINEIS responded to this one.....i'd like to see the BiPoLaR vs. Adonai fight :) 
-AoM-

Offline Captain Proton

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2008, 11:41:16 AM »
If you have more alt or E before the initial merge then you are CHEATING

Nope, it is only cheating if you do it after you agreed not to.

There are such things as no rules, no holds bared duels where both players agree that anything goes.

Also, rules need to be carefully stated or they can be open to interpretation. For instance calling the altitude of the merge, in plain language only states how high you must be at the merge, not before or after. If you mean that neither party can be above a certain altitude before the merge it is better to call it a ceiling and actually state and agree that it is a never to be exceeded altitude limit. You can't accuse someone of cheating unless you remove the possibility of misunderstandings, after all, it is only natural to seek every advantage within the rules in any sport or game.

Reference to standard rules doesn't work because you can't guarantee that everyone will know them and if I duel someone who won't agree the rules I consider it to be an anything goes engagement.

Proton   

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »
lol, everybody except AINEIS responded to this one.....i'd like to see the BiPoLaR vs. Adonai fight :) 

Why should AINEIS reply?

As for BiPolar and Adonai in a fight, it would be like watching Mike Tyson take on a pre-schooler.  Sure, it might be fun to watch at first but then it just becomes a slaughter after the first punch.  BiPolar can actually fight, something Adonai hasn't learned quite yet to do.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2008, 12:30:22 PM »

There are such things as no rules, no holds bared duels where both players agree that anything goes.

Also, rules need to be carefully stated or they can be open to interpretation. For instance calling the altitude of the merge, in plain language only states how high you must be at the merge, not before or after. If you mean that neither party can be above a certain altitude before the merge it is better to call it a ceiling and actually state and agree that it is a never to be exceeded altitude limit. You can't accuse someone of cheating unless you remove the possibility of misunderstandings, after all, it is only natural to seek every advantage within the rules in any sport or game.

Reference to standard rules doesn't work because you can't guarantee that everyone will know them and if I duel someone who won't agree the rules I consider it to be an anything goes engagement.

Proton   

Again, I thought the idea a duel in the Dueling Arena was to see who was the better pilot, not the better cheater (or advantage taker).  Seems common sense to me (didn't really need any written or unwritten rules to understand the concept).

Same planes + same loads + same speed + same E = better pilot should win

I honestly don't see the reason to cheat to win a duel.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »
Gents,

Aineis is my squadmate. He has not responded to this thread because it occured to him that the next level up in Aces High to be attained is knowing when to have a littel CLASS........ :aok

Aineis knows about the thread and thanks you all for your input. But for me....please keep pounding the pork outta him in the MA. He's startin to get kinda good at cartoon ariplanes...... :devil
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »

Proton   

How many shades since AW have you had so far?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:40:12 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »
How many shades since AW have you had so far?

Xargos, for shame, isnt that like asking a woman her age and dress size?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2008, 06:10:33 PM »
This thread is priceless  :rock

I've seen threads go badly for a poster before but this one is for the records....

Look ma, I cheat really well!!!  I won a duel in which I purposefully went out of my way to gain an airspeed advantage AND I used outside views to boot!!!  AND because i have no ability to filter my thoughts before i type on ch 200 or post...I made a permanent fool of myself to boot!!!

:salute

No doubt, this one should be moved to a *Classic Threads* forum.  :rock
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2008, 06:31:02 PM »
In reality, this thread really needs to die.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »
In reality, this thread really needs to die.

Yeah but this thread has gone so far, I mean im starting to hear Star Trek theme now.

Boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2008, 02:00:13 AM »

Why should AINEIS reply?

As for BiPolar and Adonai in a fight, it would be like watching Mike Tyson take on a pre-schooler.  Sure, it might be fun to watch at first but then it just becomes a slaughter after the first punch.  BiPolar can actually fight, something Adonai hasn't learned quite yet to do.

ack-ack
was just noting that everyone and their brother responded to the thread.  I'm not saying he should reply. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:04:30 AM by IrishOne »
-AoM-

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2008, 02:51:26 AM »
 :pray for this  :furious thread to die
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14