Author Topic: Film Of The Month: March  (Read 1085 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Film Of The Month: March
« on: March 06, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »
Hello guys, I would like to start this up again, as I enjoyed seeing this go on before it died out.  I'll update the vote counts daily, and do all of the other hard work 8), all that is needed from you guys is the votes!

GENERAL RULES

-One vote per month per person. 
    -If nominating a film, your vote goes towards that film.
    -You MAY nominate your own film.
    -If nominating a film, provide link to a viewable/downloadable version of the film.  Check to make sure links work.
    -If nominating a film, provide the authors name and/or in game name if possible.

-When posting a vote or nominating a movie, make it clearly stated as the first thing in your post.  Any additional comments should come after, with a
             good amount of room in-between it and the vote/nomination so as not to clutter and make it easier for me to see the vote/nomination :aok.

-The winner of the month will automatically be carried over and nominated for the next months round, and will start with a one vote lead.

MOVIE RULES/RESTRICTIONS

-Films MAY NOT be in AHF format.  We're looking for edited movies.
    -There is no restriction on the age of the movie, or which version of AH it was made with.
    -There is no time limit on movies.  NOTE:  Longer movies will get more support if it has more action/better storyline.
    -There is no restriction on what software is used to record/compose your movie.
    -Any songs, or lack of songs, may be used in the movie.  NOTE:  Movies will get more support if the music appeals to a wider audience.

I will update the vote count daily, or as soon as possible, and will provide the link to each nominated film under its total number of counts for ease of use.  I don't want people to have to search through for the links.  Also, if anyone has any suggestions on any of the rules, or if we need new rules, let me know, and we can put it up to a vote, or if it is important enough, I'll just add it. 

Ok guys, hope this works out good. :aok

donkey

« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:44:33 PM by DoNKeY »
2sBlind

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: Film Of The Month: March
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »
2sBlind

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:02:14 AM »
The Kinslayer - Spiffing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNf_5z6VJBI

:aok Still one of the bests!

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 09:45:03 PM »
Wow, died before it even got started!  :lol

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 11:40:45 PM »
Yeah, I was going to try to keep it going, but with only three films, all being at the very top, I figured that no-one was interested... :cry

donkey
2sBlind

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 12:03:22 AM »
http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh71/1pLUs44/?action=view&current=Sum41Underclasshero.flv

Underclass Hero.

P.S. you need to do full screen to get best video performance.

http://s253.photobucket.com/player.swf?refURL=/&file=http://vid253.photobucket.com/albums/hh71/1pLUs44/Sum41Underclasshero.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

I think this is the Full screen Version, if not then click on the other one and click fullscreen.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:07:39 AM by angelsandair »
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline Hedworx

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 01:15:19 PM »
I don't know if this would help the participation rate, but maybe pick two that you like and put them against each other.  Put a link to the two in your "Video of the Month" post.   Voters would then only have to watch two (or one if they remember last months winner) videos to place a vote instead of taking the time to look through all of them.  Also, since you have a link to each video, they don't have to go to each forum topic to download them.
The next month you only have to find one to put against the previous months winner.  Maybe have a "Submit your video to compete" topic where the creator can place them and you take the next in line.  That way your not having to watch all of them at once either.
Once a video looses, then it can't be used again.
A $1000 prize (out of your pocket of course) for the video that remains at the end of the year would help also.  :D

Just an idea.
"Shunter"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
You ever hear of the 30 second club?

Why not do something similar for AH films? Put together a scene/sequence/clip of 30 seconds (no more, no less), and run those.

Reasons:

full videos take a long time to fully edit and finalize, and many folks (myself included) don't have the time to do any of that work, despite the desire to.

30 seconds is actually a long time, and you can put together quite a nice short story with it

30 seconds is short enough not to drain all ideas from somebody, so that next month they can come back with another idea they have

30 seconds can be easily done in a month, meaning faster turnaround, more submissions, more voting, more overall to watch and enjoy.

So, what do you think? Shall we start a 30 second club?

EDIT: I'll start a new thread
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 04:34:16 PM by Krusty »

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 05:36:14 PM »
You ever hear of the 30 second club?

Why not do something similar for AH films? Put together a scene/sequence/clip of 30 seconds (no more, no less), and run those.

Reasons:

full videos take a long time to fully edit and finalize, and many folks (myself included) don't have the time to do any of that work, despite the desire to.

30 seconds is actually a long time, and you can put together quite a nice short story with it

30 seconds is short enough not to drain all ideas from somebody, so that next month they can come back with another idea they have

30 seconds can be easily done in a month, meaning faster turnaround, more submissions, more voting, more overall to watch and enjoy.

So, what do you think? Shall we start a 30 second club?

EDIT: I'll start a new thread

I like it.  Perhaps keep this open also, but I really like you're idea and see it going places.
2sBlind

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »
I vote for Bmathis' "Spitfire XIV Invasion"

He did a great job of capturing the teamwork used to fight in a furball in the MA.

Link:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,224095.0.html
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Mobius_1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 06:07:25 PM »
WTF?!?!!?! Stage 6 Shut down?!?!?! :O :cry

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 06:50:18 PM »
Yes.

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
I humbly submit a movie I made to promote the AvA war a few months back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDSOIEctVw
P-47 pilot