Author Topic: Suicide bombers and why  (Read 10738 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Suicide bombers and why
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:42:02 AM »
Ya know, we'd been having a good fight for the better part of an hour with a bish CV off of a rook base.  Just the kind of great fighter fest that really grabs you and immerses you in the game.  My squaddies and I were all having an absolute blast as were many of the rook pilots.  Then, the inevitable happens when some dilrod had to come with dive bombing B-17's and sink the cv.  WTF for?  We were all having a good time and not trying to take your gdamn base!  We just wanted a good furball.

********, did it make you feel cool that you ruined a fight that 30 plus people were enjoying?  I bet you were the kid that was never picked for a team at recess and crap like that is your only way of getting attention.  Let me guess, you used to snatch the baseball and run off with it too, right?

Crap like this is why the ack on cv's and bases needs to be super hardcore.  That way one imbecile can not ruin the fun for 30 plus people.

:mad:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 01:07:51 AM by Bodhi »
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
Re: Suicide bombers and why
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:43:12 AM »
 All your CV are belong to us.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:02 AM »
Bodhi those guys just don't get it.   It'll be good if some of those guys show up here with the same reasoning as they give on range vox.  One of their arguments is that you're a whiner if you contradict their saying that bombing FHs and CVs is what the game is meant for.

If DrDea's drdeathx in the game, he could get the ball rolling... 

And I agree, CV 5" AAA should get real ballistics to go with much stronger lethality/volume, so that only planes flying at constant velocity will be the only ones to get nailed worse than now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 01:07:44 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Choda

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:57:21 AM »
I was there for the entire fight. It was one of the funnest furballs I've been in. All it takes is one dumba@! to ruin the fun. <S> for the fun fight.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 01:00:34 AM »
in
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 01:07:35 AM »
in

And along comes the reason that this crap goes on and on and on...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 01:16:17 AM »
That was a knit field, btw, with a rook field about a sector away. The bish came in, sank the rook cv that was porking our airbase, then the fun started. Was a good little furball, but Fortress has always been keen on wrecking a fight with his little divebombing heavy bit. :rolleyes:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 02:31:06 AM »
So not one member of the country that owned the CV was trying to capture the field eh?
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

I was accused of ruining one of those "furballs" once
my response was somthin like "So all them LVT's are just trolling for Salmon" ?

There is always another fight,  or get in a Chog and protect the carrier
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:52:53 AM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 03:07:44 AM »
 Personally, I like CVs parked off shore.

Usually the CV planes are much limited in performance than compared to land-based planes, so CVs off shore usually mean easy kills. Turkeyshoot is always fun. But then, after a while, the CVs start spawning red dots like spores from fungi. They overrun the clandestine shore/island defenses and start a vulching spree.

This is no fun for me.

So, I up a buff two sectors away, and go sink the CV while snickering, "How's that for 'fun', hordedorks?!"

People start screaming bloody hell.

But then again, if the danged horde hadn't shown up, I'd not have thought the CV was a threat, and I'd have been satisfied with just plane-to-plane defense. So, I justify my actions according to the rule of the "eye-for-an-eye".

You frickin' hordefreaks start overruning my base and vulch me, then I kill your damned CV.

On other occasions, there are some "vet" type guys flying out of the CV.

They come into the airfield at something like 15k, and cherrypick people on and on and on with them blue, pig planes.

When I sneakily up a plane to hunt them down, and actually arrive higher than their current position, they turn pale and run away towards the CV ack.

And this goes on and on and on and on.

Anybody having fun? I sure am not.

So, I get tired of them running to the CV. So I up a bomber two sectors away, and I go kill their CV.

You keep cherrypicking over my base, and run to CV ack everytime when somebody else chases you, then I kill your CV.

On rare occasions, I see a CV near the base.

There aren't hordes, there aren't lame pickers. It's a good furball.

But then, I realize I can up a bomber and kill the CV.

So I do it.

I'm a terrible gunner. One, just one plane flying CAP would be enough to stop me. But like so often, there is not a single person defending the CV.

So, just like delivering a good wedgie on an unexpecting moron, I up a buff, and go kill your CV.

I don't really think about killing other people's fun when I kill their CVs.
 I only think about my own fun.

When the hordemongers vulch my base, I kill their CV in retribution.
 It is deeply satisfying, and its fun for me.

When the cherrypickers keep running away towards the CV ack, I kill their CV
 so they can't land their 20 kills made in their big blue pig plane.
 It is deeply satisfying to know their cherrypickin' prettythang has been screwed, and its fun for me.

When there's nobody defending the CV, open skies, inviting all people who know how to
 bomb stuff, I kill their CV and make them pay for their laziness.
 Its fun for me.

So, who's gonna dictate me on how I should spend my 15 bucks for my own fun?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:13:55 AM by Kweassa »

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 03:19:26 AM »
Much as I understand the anger and annoyance when something enjoyable in the game gets disrupted for what seems like no good reason, I think this kind of complaint is actually rather self-centered, arrogant and small-minded, if you really think about it.

Why?  Because it purports to trash someone else's gameplay and accuse them of spoiling your fun, as if you (and any so engaged with you) are the only ones who's fun matters.  You are, in a sense, stating your way of playing is the only way of playing and shame on someone for ruining your fun by not valuing the same type of gameplay.  Boo hoo.

Assuming you don't know that the person involved was 'specifically' out to annoy you personally or anyone else, then you should be bright enough to realize that this game as gone way past just Furball Fun House.  There are just as many who enjoy strategic gameplay as much as you enjoy individual fighter combat.  In fact, I'm sure their are several variations on each and every theme of gameplay possible: fighter  furballer, team toolshedder, high-alt buff driver, GV/tanker putz, ego-stroking scorepotato or whatever other type of play and interest this game has to offer.  Nobody has it "right" or has an exclusive lock on "how the game should be played".

In spite of any contention that this is a 'fighter simulation game first', nobody signed any contract to only play by furballer's rules and HiTech certainly isn't passing any worthwhile judgement by 'kicking the toolshedders out'.  With 300-400 playing in the same playpen, you had better dam well expect to have your private little war interupted eventually, if not regularly.  Nobody is really playing the game on the same page at any point in time, and complaining about is equivalent to throwing a baby tantrum.  And just as mature and productive.  It's getting really, really old.

Yes, it's unfortunate that a group of player's special fun got distrupted, especially as such enjoyable moments seem fewer and further between of late.  However, that doesn't mean anyone wants to hear such self-serving, self-centered, poorly considered whining and bashing.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming still in progress - Romper Room.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 03:55:20 AM »
Wow. Great post Sloe. I couldn't agree more.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 04:10:45 AM »
Slow, it's not complicated.  Furballers kill planes.  Toolshedders kill what spawns planes. 
If you get killed in a fighter, you just reup.  The time to return to an average sized furball is small enough that the furball keeps going more or less at the same place.. in a sort of equilibrium.  So the worst a furballer does is send you to the tower.  You reup and rejoin the furball; the furball is still there.  Or you reup and go milk some inanimate object.. and stand little chance of being interrupted playing like you want to.
The toolsheder gets his kick from blowing watermelon up.. Ok, no problem. But that stuff he blows up sometimes is what makes furballs happen.  What is the intent here?  To disrupt the furball and/or change the color of a base's icon. 

What was the intent in furballing?  Not to kill BHs, ordnance, or shoot some 4 engined ackstar that doesn't do any maneuvering.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 04:25:37 AM »
"The game is about aerial combat and that takes precedence to everything else." - Pyro

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,9645.0.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:30:57 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 04:56:44 AM »
Yes, please make ack more hardcore so bish cant v00lch!
Iv seen bish trying to vulch cv b4. dw33bS!
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 05:08:18 AM »
What slo said. :aok
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......