Author Topic: Super Bug  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Super Bug
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »
I have had a lot of issues with this and it drove me over the edge last night. I up an osti near an Grunt training factoryand start taking out buildings. I kill the buildings and I go to end flight and all of a sudden BOOM! my computer restarts. so it boots back up and I go and look to see if I got any perks out of this, and I got nothing.

I have tried just about everything:

1. getting rid of the sound pack
2. Turing my video setting all the way down to 250
3. Reinstalled ahtier file

Can anyone help me on this?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:38:10 AM by Skuzzy »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Re: Super Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:57:55 PM »
Bosco is your computer shutting windows right down and restarting?

If this is happening your power supply may be failing.

any other symptoms?

RTR
The Damned

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 02:56:09 PM »
Right click My computer/Properties/Advanced/Startup and Recovery then click settings. Once there, un check automatically restart. That way, you should get a blue screen with a long code. Write that code down, then google it. That should give you a little more insight as to what may be the culprit.

Also, you might want to go to start/run type in dxdiag. Once there, click the save all information button save the text file to your desktop or wherever you prefer to save it. Then post it's contents here, or email it to support@hitechcreations.com a lot of people have had problems similar to yours and with a look at your dxdiag they may discover something wrong there.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I'm not 100% sure on this, so someone who may know for sure may correct me, but you can pick up a power supply tester for $10 bucks or so. The part I'm not sure on however, is if they only tell you if it *works or of it's dead.

*I don't know if they tell you if it's failing or not, thats where hopefully somebody can correct me.
One last thing, I don't know exactly how computer savvy you are; but if you built your computer or have at least put in more memory/video card etc. If you're not very savvy at all, I'm hesitant to ask you to do this. So, I'll throw a disclaimer that any damage
you may cause while having the side of the case off, is not in any way my fault. I'm giving this information on an as is basis.

Having that said, if you just look at your motherboard (the big thing that everything plugs into *Not trying to be insulting if you know this just covering all bases*) Take a look around and you will find quite a few cylinder shaped things, look at those and see if any of them are bulging or have leaked some yellowish colored substance out. If you happen to run into that, your motherboard will likely need to be replaced. If you have a manufactured computer, contact them if you have any kind of warranty or anything.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:12:48 PM by Estes »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 02:56:50 PM »
Check the temperature of your video card after running AH and being near one of those factories or a good furball.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
Rt, as soon as I end flight it immedietly goes into a redstart.

Estes, my comp is already checked ask before restart, but it still does.

I sent this to Skuzzy w/ dxdiag and he told me that I needed to update my video card and that I was running off "Modem 0" sound card which he told me to get rid of, if I could.

Chalenge, this just dosen't happen in the troop factories, it happens anywere in a GV. If I get bombed it crashes.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 03:45:28 PM »
I figured out the problem, after thinking about it for 4 months. Ihad recivied a new Headset, Triton AXPC, headset. I notice that this whole problem had started happening when I was using this headset. I pluged in my old one and went to TT. I turned off the engine 10 times, ended flight 10 times and did not have a problem.

Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 03:58:47 PM »
Glad to hear you got it sorted out Bosco :)

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 07:59:12 PM »
Bosco, the problem probably isn't the headphones, but their drivers.

Are these USB headphones?  If so, try downloading the correct drivers for them.  I was having very similar problems and eventually figured out the drivers on the CD that came with my headphones were for another model of headphones the same company makes.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
I know a lot of people use USB headsets with no problems at all. But, I bought one once at the recommendation of a buddy of mine.
I had nothing but trouble with it, it really did not like my sound card being there. So I took it back and exchanged it for the "old style" types
I've always used. No problems with those.

Sorry to sort of hijack your thread, but it's on a similar note. I've read that people can have only vox running through their headphones and game sounds through speakers. How is this accomplished?

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 01:42:28 PM »
Tigger your right I do use USB headset, but I bought them online. :(

Would it be, to any help, to try and plug it into another port?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 03:39:12 PM »
Did you disable the modem sound device yet?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 04:02:53 PM »
Did you disable the modem sound device yet?
no, how do you do that hub?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »
I have Windows XP Pro- depending on your OS, this may vary. Right click the My Computer icon, select Properties, then click the Hardware Tab, then click the Device Manager button. Go down to Sound, Video, and Game controllers, click the little
[+]
to expand the list. Assuming you don't have a separate soundcard, and are only using the USB headphones, there shouldn't be very many items in that list, at least nothing that you should be able to confuse the modem with. Right click the Modem, select Disable. Restart, and try your USB phones then.

One more thing- the word is "Recruiting".
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »
Now I run into another problem hub, when I disable it, it disables the headphones completly.
Is that supposed to do that?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 05:12:37 PM »
The USB headphones or regular (minijack connection) headphones? The USB phones I am aware of, perform their own sound processing functions (what a soundcard does in a conventional headphone/speaker setup), and as such you shouldn't need a sound card, especially if your PC is using your modem for that.

Did you install drivers for the new headphones? Do you need to? Did you uninstall the drivers for the old headphones? Did you update your video drivers per Skuzzy's instructions? What other devices are listed in the Device Manager for Sound, Video, and Game Controllers?
mook
++Blue Knights++