Author Topic: YOUR best sortie  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
Re: YOUR best sortie
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 04:14:12 PM »
Most memorable:  Shooting down a F4U with a Zeke in a 1v1 turn fight while eating a slice of pizza.
"Rotorhed"

Offline Wraith

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2008, 05:49:18 PM »
  The best sortie I ever went on I downed 7 planes.  It was a slaughter though,  their pilots stunk like a garbage heap, and I was in a Spit.  There was no chance.

But the most fun sortie i've ever been on was my first mission w/ROX.  It was a while ago, before Alliance Missions restarted.  We took off and started flying for about 10 minutes until we reached the target, at which point, I spiraled down slowly as bombs fell.  I shot down 2 N1Ks, and a Hellcat in the process of taking the base.  It was also my first mission.
-\/\/R/-\IT|-|

"The only two things that fall from the sky is manna from heaven, and your plane."

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2008, 06:07:38 PM »
Betty's first bomber mission.
Period.

Ohh yes,  was the funniest ever mission in this game ,28 sets = 84 x B24s HOing the hills  ,

here's movie,
http://www.56fg.net/members/yucca/upload/films/betty1.wmv

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »
LMFAO!!!! VERY NICE GHI!! <S>!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2008, 08:00:32 PM »
Can you imagine a Jeep just sitting on top that hill for no apparent reason at all then landing 84 kill!?  :rofl

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2008, 09:01:01 PM »
Not my best sortie, but one of my most memorable ones.  About a month after the Ju-87 comes out, I up one with the MOAB.  I forget what my original target was, but a 38L sees me and goes after me.  I ditch the bomb and evade.  He thinks I'm easy meat, and continues to attack me, and is trying to stall fight me. (mistake one on his part) I continue to evade and eventually we get down on the deck.  He makes another mistake and reverses a turn, and I'm on him.  Several high deflection shots later his horizontal stab parts company with his plane, and down he goes. 

Another one is when I shot down a 262 with a Spit I. :O  He was vulching a field, and I upped at just the right time to give him a face full of .303's as my wheels left the tarmack.

Offline JeepinAZ

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2008, 11:40:58 PM »
Clerick & I were flying around with the A8s & this lone spit (IIRC) kept upping, over & over again (I think we were trying to capture the base). We'd let him get up then one of us would engage him & blast him out of the sky. Think we landed with around 3-4 kills each & there were 4 or 5 of us. We even told him to quit upping over 200 because we felt bad for him. He told us no & that he wanted to take off from that base. We still use his name to refer to easy kills.

Other time was when YGBSM came in as usual vulching the field in his Dora. He'd blow up in the ack & come back, time & time again. I think he killed me about a hundred times. (Once on approach trying to land some kills) I finally managed to get airborne & was typing to someone when I get a check 6. Sure enough, here comes this Dora at about Mach 1 headed straight for my Jug on climb out. I die & re-up just in time to read over 200 "Jeep, you should be back on the field about now". Right as my engine fires up, ack starts shooting & here comes a Dora (I heard the sound barrier break as it came in) & {POOF}

System: YGBSM Shot you down stupid

I've never laughed at myself for being so dumb in my life.

I came back to his base from another base & caught him on the runway. I crashed my Jug into him just to make sure he died.

Now every time we see each other on 200 we poke fun at the other guy.

Moral of the story, get mad & post a rant on the BBS or laugh & have fun, it is a game after all.
Mudf1y - Gone, but not forgotten.

Freelance AHII Skinner

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2008, 11:59:58 PM »
One time I killed Leviathn when he was AFK eating cheez-its, and another time I cherry picked Drex when he was already in a 8v1. Those are probably my two best sorties.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2008, 10:00:12 AM »
Clerick & I were flying around with the A8s & this lone spit (IIRC) kept upping, over & over again (I think we were trying to capture the base). We'd let him get up then one of us would engage him & blast him out of the sky. Think we landed with around 3-4 kills each & there were 4 or 5 of us. We even told him to quit upping over 200 because we felt bad for him. He told us no & that he wanted to take off from that base. We still use his name to refer to easy kills.

Other time was when YGBSM came in as usual vulching the field in his Dora. He'd blow up in the ack & come back, time & time again. I think he killed me about a hundred times. (Once on approach trying to land some kills) I finally managed to get airborne & was typing to someone when I get a check 6. Sure enough, here comes this Dora at about Mach 1 headed straight for my Jug on climb out. I die & re-up just in time to read over 200 "Jeep, you should be back on the field about now". Right as my engine fires up, ack starts shooting & here comes a Dora (I heard the sound barrier break as it came in) & {POOF}

System: YGBSM Shot you down stupid

I've never laughed at myself for being so dumb in my life.

I came back to his base from another base & caught him on the runway. I crashed my Jug into him just to make sure he died.

Now every time we see each other on 200 we poke fun at the other guy.

Moral of the story, get mad & post a rant on the BBS or laugh & have fun, it is a game after all.
Are you happy sir? My monitor is now covered with coffee and lung butter!
 :lol :lol :lol ;) ;) :D ;) ;) :lol :lol :lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
There are so many, and this isn't my BEST sortie (I don't think I have any single best one) but it's very memorable.

I was flying a b-25H and trying to use the big gun to shoot GVs. Well I'm landing lots of hits but getting no kills!

The only kills I'd had were with my 3x 1000lbs before this. I dropped them on some stubborn GVs attacking the vbase I was flying over. I was working with the GVs defending, but they were more effective than me.

So I come in low for a pass on a sherman. It's my 4th or 5th pass. Somehow he hits me and pops my wingtip off as I fly past. You know that a missing wingtip on a b-25 is a death sentence, right? Keep that in mind. So I'm slamming the stick hard left to compensate, full left rudder, and nothing. Then, it hits me. I pull nose up (rolling right, into the missing wing) and this lets me get a notch of flaps out. I'm still banked 45 degrees into the missing wingtip here. I'm getting lower and lower, full flaps out, GEAR! GEAR! AAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!! and I touch down with my right gear first. I settle onto the other and come to a stop in between various trees.

I used F3 to taxi to the vbase. It takes me 10-15 minutes of avoiding trees and hills. I pull up to the VH pad and land safely, with the 2 bomb kills I made earlier.

I might have this on film, too!

Banshee7

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »
My best sortie would have to be the funniest sortie.  18 ground to air kills in a Panzer.  You would not believe all the noobs that tried to strafe me in everything from Hurricane Mk I's, to Spits, to the big B-25H

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
Flying with Muttman on Baltic, we were approaching 9 from 50 or 51, about 5,000 feet.  I can't remember how it started but it was 4 or 5 enemy against myself and Muttman.  Mutt saved my skin more than I can remember  but I know we were both still alive at the end.  Actually that's not completely true, I believe I ended up ditching shortly after the last enemy splashed the water.
Who are you to wave your finger?