Author Topic: Hitchcock's shot  (Read 300 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Hitchcock's shot
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:18:04 AM »
After reading the FV tutorial, on this board, I tried some experiment.

I tried to re-do the shot made famous by Hitchcock's movies, where, basically, you move the camera forward while zooming out. You can see a first rough result here:

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg32/gianlupo/ (click on the video, it's the only one ;) )

It's a plane relative shot, I had to fight with the interface for a while to have it. First I tried with World relative, than with Plane relative, couldn't understand which axis was which, their orientation and what units are used....

I have to say, the system HTC provided us is probably the most complete and flexible to make movies... unfortunately, it's also the most user unfriendly and cumbersome one! I'd like HTC to make some modification... I think it would be sufficient if they allow us to see how the values in X,Y,Z and pitch, roll, yaw boxes change while we move the camera. And, instead of the "Grab all" button, I'd like a "Fix camera position" button that works indipendently for Starting and Ending position, so that you can see in which direction and attitude the ending camera position is being set. (hope I made myself clear, not easy to explain what I have in mind :P)
Live to fly, fly to live!