Author Topic: Slave Reparations  (Read 4365 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Re: Slave Reparations
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
LOL ledpig..  now that we know you are a "black man".... what?   that gives you extra insight? or it means you don't have to make any sense?

Or.. do you simply mean that only you can define racist?    I would say that you and other negros are much more racist than any white people I see on a day to day basis. 

the only thing I have noticed about people who must make sure everyone knows their race is..  that they are always the first to play the race card.   I am not in the least interested in what color you are.. you would be wrong if you were purple with pink polka dots.... ignorance has no color.

lazs

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2008, 01:46:34 PM »
Thats what it was.

The US government used slavery as the issue to go to war with the South and the USC government used states rights as thier issue.

Afterall, why would all those Southerners go to war just to protect slavery? How many people in the South actually owned slaves? Less than 5%?

A major part of the South's whole Economy and economic sovereignty was won on the backs of people they didn't pay for their labor. Making their trades even much more lucrative.

Losing that was not something they were prepared to do.
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »
LOL ledpig..  now that we know you are a "black man".... what?   that gives you extra insight? or it means you don't have to make any sense?

Or.. do you simply mean that only you can define racist?    I would say that you and other negros are much more racist than any white people I see on a day to day basis. 

the only thing I have noticed about people who must make sure everyone knows their race is..  that they are always the first to play the race card.   I am not in the least interested in what color you are.. you would be wrong if you were purple with pink polka dots.... ignorance has no color.

lazs

Lasz thank you for writing a whole paragraph and assuming you know anything about me or what i meant just by me pointing out that i was black.

All your assumptions only prove how ignorant you are.

I would explain but...... nevermind.

Am i the only one that thinks this guy is one of the biggest imbeciles on here?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 01:52:52 PM by LEDPIG »

Skuzzyfied!

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
Many Southerners did not approve of slavery, because it was taking jobs away from them.  If the South had aloud the Northern merchants to continue transporting the cotton, the South would have outlawed slavery themselves within 20 to 30 years.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »
Damn, did Laz accidentally swallow a bunch of crazy pills?

I'm not sure if it's right to ask all of those relatives of former slaves to repay the gov't for anything. Since for the most part they worked off the cost of their transportation long ago.

This quote is was LEDPIG was referring too. No reason to go ape watermelon over him Lazs.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »
Can't say anybody in my family ever owned slaves, therefore I owe NOBODY NOTHING! You have to have money to have things, last time I talked to my parents about money , they said nobody in our entire family tree has ever had any. So my family couldn't have bought or sold slaves. Anybody that thinks I'm paying money for what a dead guy did 200 years ago needs to go see my complaint manager Helen Waite, if you have a complaint about how your ancestors were treated go to Helen Waite.

Imo, it wouldn't matter if your forefathers had owned slaves. Or if mine had, you and I have not so we don't owe reparations for what others have done.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
The whole sour point of the whole post is, Barak Obama, or anyone in his campaign, for that matter, has not come out and made it an official standing point. You guys' have argued for 5 pages based on an assumption.  :rofl
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:28:12 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
nuke.. you seriously need to get up to speed on your reading comprehension thing....

ledpig had already responded to the whole reparations for the ride thing.. what he then went on to do was unrelated...

"Boy a topic like this gets the closet racists, to come out like ants being drawn out and getting stuck in mollases.

Notice most of them are conservatives.....

<----Black man"

now..  paint him as the victim here will ya?   show me how this sensitive negro person is not playing the race card and is not "going off" on the rest of us...  I guess in nuke world..  it is ok for him tho cause.. well.. he is "special"?

I am the negros worst nightmare..  I am not afraid of em and I don't feel guilty for them being negro.  I simply don't care about their color as a reason or an excuse.

lazs

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
Lazs, this will go nowhere. I saw what he typed. No big deal to me.

You've just read a lot into what you believe are my thoughts on a bunch of issues that I never even discussed. You sound like you are going crazy, in my opinion.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »
Lazs, when you go to such lengths to downplay any opinion you have on race and to say "aw shucks, I don't care what color people are", it's kinda rough for everyone who knows your past to take you seriously.  This isn't a comment on what you're saying in this thread, I'm not trying to make an ad hominem, but you might consider toning down some of the fervent "we're all equal, I don't know what he's talking about" stuff if you want to keep focus on what you're saying now instead of what you used to be.

It's for the same reason I'd avoid pointing too many fingers at fat star trek nerd teenagers or Rich46yold wouldn't want to make too much of a fuss about pre-op transexuals.

;)
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2008, 02:56:43 PM »
nuke.. you seriously need to get up to speed on your reading comprehension thing....

ledpig had already responded to the whole reparations for the ride thing.. what he then went on to do was unrelated...

"Boy a topic like this gets the closet racists, to come out like ants being drawn out and getting stuck in mollases.

Notice most of them are conservatives.....

<----Black man"

now..  paint him as the victim here will ya?   show me how this sensitive negro person is not playing the race card and is not "going off" on the rest of us...  I guess in nuke world..  it is ok for him tho cause.. well.. he is "special"?

I am the negros worst nightmare..  I am not afraid of em and I don't feel guilty for them being negro.  I simply don't care about their color as a reason or an excuse.

lazs

First off i brought up the black man thing as a sarcastic aside, not meaning anything. You seem to think i'm holding that up as meaning that i'm using that as a reason for something or that i feel my opinion is somehow special...(which i don't).

Secondly i said that statement responding to the comment of the slaves descendants "working off their trip over here". ... "and that they probably worked it off a long time ago".

I responded to that by basically saying it was probably no pleasure cruise and they probably would have rather not been taken anyway.

I thought that statement was rather untowardly and ignorant...maybe i read it wrong.

But Lasz do you see how you think you know what i'm saying and you really don't and then you write a whole little paragraph about it.

Honestly man take your sweet medication jeez...

Lasz the only thing you should be afraid of is your own idiocy....

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:58:28 PM by LEDPIG »

Skuzzyfied!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »
As far as thruster statement about "I'm not sure if it's right to ask all of those relatives of former slaves to repay the gov't for anything. Since for the most part they worked off the cost of their transportation long ago." if anyone actually took that as him being serious then I think you need to invest in a sense of humor.

And as for you(LEDPIG) pointing out that your "A black man" I think it did come off as you saying that we should look at your statements differently because of it, I mean I don't see anyone else on here pointing out what race they are.

Now as for the subject of reparations, slavery ended over 140 years ago, theres no person alive today who benefited from, or was exploited because of slavery so why should money be paid to anyone.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:08:03 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2008, 03:14:39 PM »
As far as thruster statement about "I'm not sure if it's right to ask all of those relatives of former slaves to repay the gov't for anything. Since for the most part they worked off the cost of their transportation long ago." if anyone actually took that as him being serious then I think you need to invest in a sense of humor.

Yea it's hard to understand peoples implied meanings on here so if he was joking i am sorry. But i still would like to make that point about what he was saying.

And as for you(LEDPIG) pointing out that your "A black man" I think it did come off as you saying that we should look at your statements differently because of it.

Well i didn't mean it that way i meant it sarcastically...so thats that.

Now as for the subject of reparations, slavery ended over 140 years ago, theres no person alive today who benefited from, or was exploited because of slavery so why should money be paid to anyone.

I totally agree with you on that.

Skuzzyfied!

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2008, 03:17:05 PM »
I'll go w/ Trax on all the above points.  I do think this whole thread is predicated on a pretty dumb (and possibly racist) presumption, that candidate Obama would make slave reparations an issue because he's black.  I'd like to see a citation on that.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2008, 03:25:39 PM »
I'll go w/ Trax on all the above points.  I do think this whole thread is predicated on a pretty dumb (and possibly racist) presumption, that candidate Obama would make slave reparations an issue because he's black.  I'd like to see a citation on that.

Yea i though the thread itself was pretty prejudicially premeditated. By saying Obama might want to make reparations cause he's black. Which caused me to make the "dreaded statement Lasz refered too" then totally missed with his ignorant self.

Skuzzyfied!