Author Topic: Ok, so here is the one issue with Aces High  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Locoweed

• Zinc Member
Re: Ok, so here is the one issue with Aces High
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 01:20:33 AM »
Yes Nimble I have played them all. I give. I raise the white flag. At least everyone here believes there is no newbie hate. So if they see me flying around they will have mercy on me, lol.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 01:23:51 AM »
Dont think its newbie hate fella - just more that no-one knows ya - yet!.

As for mercy - hell, I've been begging for mercy for months now.....do I get any, no.....sheesh, i'm old n everything now....... :D

Offer stands btw, always ready to act as target/victim

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 01:24:23 AM »
Yes Nimble I have played them all. I give. I raise the white flag. At least everyone here believes there is no newbie hate. So if they see me flying around they will have mercy on me, lol.

Some won't have mercy on you, just accept the fact your a "newbie" and if you have questions to ask, dont feel ashamed to ask! Most likely someone will answer you, if not always check in Training arena.

Offline Locoweed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 01:24:48 AM »
I expressed my opinion on how I felt this MMO treats new members compared to other MMO's, but this MMO is much better than most other MMO's also.

I have no more to say or you all will lynch me.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 01:26:53 AM »
I expressed my opinion on how I felt this MMO treats new members compared to other MMO's, but this MMO is much better than most other MMO's also.

I have no more to say or you all will lynch me.

Believe me this MMO is ranked top 2 for me, one of the better communities out there.

Offline Locoweed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 01:30:12 AM »
Believe me this MMO is ranked top 2 for me, one of the better communities out there.

You are probably right. It just didn't feel that way to me. It felt more like I couldn't find a friend unless I knew a friend already type of community.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 01:33:13 AM »
Loco don't let the Tourrettes like Dr. Dea get to you.. They cry inside too; they just sit back in horror as their smack talk runs wild.. They're just along for the ride :D

And yes that's typical of Aces High, what you describe above.  Finding a squad to fly with is really the only way to guarantee having fun. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »
It is very disrespectful on the part of a newbie to expect the vets to drop everything they're doing when the newbie isn't even willing to review the basics first, like reading the directions.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

P.S.  I'm very willing to help if I feel the person has at least tried to review the basics.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 01:36:57 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Locoweed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 01:33:50 AM »
Sorry I wasted everyoone's time. Thanks for postive responses though. I feel much better about community now.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 01:35:38 AM »
You are probably right. It just didn't feel that way to me. It felt more like I couldn't find a friend unless I knew a friend already type of community.

Well its true like most games you feel discouraged about playing, same for aces high. Taken example I was once a bishop in AH and moved to the Rooks side. Well not only did I only know 1-2 people on Rook side, but fact I was bishop all these years and shooting down Rooks, some didn't take me in to lightly. Yeah I was treated a newbie, but I don't get that now since people speak to me on country, and we set up missions.

I would honestly say give it some time, chat with folks on country channel, you will enjoy it!

Offline Locoweed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 01:35:42 AM »
It is very disrespectful on the part of a newbie to expect the vets to drop everything they're doing when the newbie isn't even willing to review the basics first, like reading the directions.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Ok, now not so much thankful, I read that. We are back to newbie hate. I am off all. Thanks to those who were helpful.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 01:36:58 AM »
lol you wanted positive re-enforcement on the game expect some negative feedbacks also  :aok

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 01:37:50 AM »

No sir, you bail out of that 300 perk Me-262 right now and teach me to take off and raise my gears! NOW NEWB HATER!

Modify: Sorry im bored and out of cookies, 999000 ate them all :(

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 01:38:37 AM »
Loco he's saying the same I said - everyone is too busy to answer questions that are answered in better places.. Typing out on radio how to fly the game is maybe 10x more time consuming than the new guy (e.g.) going to that website and reading up on the basics.  
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 01:42:18 AM »
Ok, now not so much thankful, I read that. We are back to newbie hate. I am off all. Thanks to those who were helpful.

It's not about hating Newbies, it's about hating lazy people.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC