Author Topic: SCENARIO COs SETUP UP !! -> Your country needs you !  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
SCENARIO COs SETUP UP !! -> Your country needs you !
« on: February 28, 2001, 05:40:00 AM »
Please read THIS Thread !!

DW6
CM - Corps

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
 DW6 you should have NO problem with applicants judging by the number of people who continually berate HTC for not having an Axis vs Allied arena or even an HA. Hereis their opportunity to finally put thier money where thier mouths are. They can now show to HTC just how popular this type of gameplay is and finally get Hitech and Pyro to dedicate an arena to this style of gameplay.

-Westy

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »
Well so do we (the Scenario Corps) HOPE  

Hopefully we'll see more and more folks in the weekly events (and not only 40 odd with 130 still furballing in the MA ..)

DW6

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
Westy, sounds like you hope we do not sign up.

I do not think the phrase "continually berate HTC"  applies to opinions put forth by people who have a different idea of how to do Aces High than you do.

Years spent in online simulations and number of posts do not always a wise poster make.

I think I just called you a pompous bellybutton but I am not sure, you decide, OK?

Duckwing, sign me up for B17s, B26s or C47s.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

[This message has been edited by Sunchaser (edited 02-28-2001).]

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
I don't know if this is so great of a "test" for whether people want an Axis vs. Allies arena.

I'd find the idea of a full time Axis vs. Allies arena repulsive, and likely woudn't set foot there, and if the AH main arena became that, I'd consider quitting.

However, I LOVE realistic, detailed, strictly controlled large scenarios. I just don't want to play that way all the time.

And I'd really dislike the fragmentation of the AH MA into more arenas..we simply don't have the player base.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
IMO we should close the ma during scenario events.

CRASH

Ice

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2001, 10:34:00 AM »
That's funny Westy...I had the same thought...now is their chance, I wonder how many will step up?

Ice

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
WOWOWOW ... CO means you're coordinating your COUNTRIES efforts  

We're not gonna select Flight leaders and the like that's YOUR job to do!

What we basically want is that folks read the Writeups in advance and start putting together strategies (e.g. planes to be used, routs to be taken and ordnance to be used etc..) , then they start hitting the jungle telegraph and getting their teams of flight leaders together (if they choose to do so)

The Intend is to make The scenarios a more interesting and immersive experience!
(1 that you think about already the wek before   )

The CMs will take no part in mission planning, etc. we just set the arena (fields and planes) and make the scoring / AAR afterwards but everything else is up to you folks   !

Ohh and this is not anything new in therms of scenarios it will be the same Check 6 scenarios and Snapshots that we had before (NO we are NOT setting up a HA on its own here guys.. please don't misinterprete that)!

DW6  

[This message has been edited by Duckwing6 (edited 02-28-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2001, 10:50:00 AM »
Sun, step outa that soapbox man  

I personaly dunno if we'll have a HA or not (I personaly don't care, realy...) and once again, i shall remind you that we DO have Historical matchups nearly every week. yet, I'd say not HALF of the "IWANNAHAVEAHA" familly shows up...

C'mon in, it's FUN as hell, and you WONT be fighting Nikki's if you're flying a Me109, for example...

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2001, 11:06:00 AM »
 Sunchaser I was posting an opinion is all. If you choose to read more into it than that then feel free (obviously) to.  As for my use of "berate"?  It is certainly very, very appropriate in that it is a verb describing the verbage and adjectives describing the posting style of many people who have let it be known for quite some time now that HTC is lacking a HA/AvsA arena.   Perhaps my comments hit home because.... it suits you? Tough. You seem to feel that way so maybe the shoe fits. If it's too tight then find another shoe.

Would you (meaning *anyone* who is colorful and vocal about the lack of an HA/AvsA arena) rather write whineful diatribes about what AH lacks as regards historical events and such or would you be better off putting your energies and beginners textual skills into making then a success?

IMO, "historical event" success will lead to the addition of an HA/AvA. I theorize if the historical events are not well attended that you can kiss off any HA or AvsA arena.

Folks have a choice now.  Always did really with Check Six and SEA weekend evtns.

Time to anty up or fold for some..

-Westy   "Officer 1st Class Pompous Ass"

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 02-28-2001).]

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2001, 11:34:00 AM »
i think historical arena is a bad idea

i think we need lots more scenarios, but cms say in next month we will get em

historical arena is just main arena with limited planesets

scenario has organization, no respawn, etcera.. much much better

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »
All Duck is saying is that for the weekly events, such as the Snapshots, that the CO's for each side will be selected in advance, rather than trying to find volunteers for the CO positions 15 minutes before the event starts. The goal is to lessen the amount of chaos before the event itself.

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 02-28-2001).]

Offline Vladd

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »

Originally posted by Zigrat:

historical arena is just main arena with limited planesets

Absolutely. Team FFA with less variety and negligable historical accuracy. No thanks.

Scenarios OTOH, are something else entirely  

Vladd

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
Have HT add a "no enemy icons" in the arena setting so the CM can make it so.

I bet that in no time people will leave the MA to the SEA in hordes.

Well, except those that need 1990's HUD technology to ACM in a 1940's era plane.