Author Topic: Wirblewind  (Read 9153 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Wirblewind
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
Alot easier to hit planes in the weble.
but the vehicle itself seems a bit fragile.

Last night I was easily gunned to death by a 38 wheras in the osit most of the time the worst that would usually happen was my turret would get knocked out
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »
I was in an ostwind at an enemy base not too long ago, and I landed 5 hits on a B-25 b before the final hit set it on fire.

WW *definitely* much more effective.

Anybody had the chance to try it on lancs yet? I can guess the results, but it'd be nice to confirm 'em.
there was a set of lanks attaking a V base this morning with about 5 WW's on the field, needless to say the Lanks diddent last long.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
there was a set of lanks attaking a V base this morning with about 5 WW's on the field, needless to say the Lanks diddent last long.

Lancs would do just fine if they climbed a bit before making their bomb runs.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »
Lancs would do just fine if they climbed a bit before making their bomb runs.

Amen.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2008, 05:16:20 PM »
What would be the downside to giving the Wobble a low perk value like 5 points? It was after all a rare late war GV and in this game is clearly the equivalent of a child-friendly turbo laser. I like it, and I'm exceptionally glad it's here, but I can't understand, for instance, why the TA152 would be a perk ride and the Wobble not be one.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »
What would be the downside to giving the Wobble a low perk value like 5 points? It was after all a rare late war GV and in this game is clearly the equivalent of a child-friendly turbo laser. I like it, and I'm exceptionally glad it's here, but I can't understand, for instance, why the TA152 would be a perk ride and the Wobble not be one.

- SEAGOON
Ostwind was a rarer, later vehicle.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »
I ran the WW,and I dont think it should be perked,it is very easy to turrett it,at least as easy as the ostie..

And on another note lusche,I am sorry you wont be able to kill as easy................

NOT :D

Kevin

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2008, 05:56:42 PM »
The 152 isn't a perk ride.  The downside would be that you have to pay 5 pks for a GV that gets killed with one well placed 500lbs, or even 250lbs if the plane knows how to aim.  Nevermind if the players that want the WW dead have some tactical sense and tag team it.  Then, a small burst of MG or cannon will silence the WW everytime..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »
Anyone notice the hits the Wirbel can take? I drop 4K+ lbs and the GV still sits there firing...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »
ZomGZomGZOmg...I got teh blasted by teh new WirlbelWiinDD..NO Fair I cant Vulch noMOre...whaaaaaaaa!

No need to perk it.

Stop Being a VulchTard or a Lanc-o-stuka and you will be fine.

Ever stop and wonder maybe thats why HTC decided to come out with a beast like this? To stop all the Tardlings from doing what they do best.

Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »
I totally agree with m00t and Platano. No need to perk it.

Krusty, that K/D ratio you posted is very likely due to dumb flying: most of the pilots will just dive in on a GV labeled FLAK, without any thinking or coordination with other pilots. And, btw, don't change icons, so that I will have to tremble in fear, every time I attack one, not knowing what it really is. It will add tension, hence fun!

Every one is talking about why the WW should be perked: let's see why it shouldn't be perked!

1) It'll make vulching more difficult and risky: you'll have to kill VH if you want to do that. And if you don't kill it, all the better, vulching is a crappy tactic for skilless dweebs. It was about time we had a real deterrent for that.
2) It'll make GV hunting more difficult and risky and that means all more intriguing to do. You'll have to coordinate with your fellow pilots, you'll have to take real risk to kill GVs and that would just add a new dimension to the gameplay.
3) It'll force NOE and diving heavy bombers to rethink their tactics: I can see only benefits from this for the gameplay.
4) I'm sure I'm missing something :)

So, no, it shouldn't be perked.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »
Been testing both.

I'm afraid that because the Osti is now so difficult to use, due to the new views, the fine old art of shooting in one will be lost. :(

Fix the views in the Osti to be similar to what is in the Wirbelwind, and you can slap 5 points on the latter for all I care, anyone can earn that many vehicle points by shooting 3 planes anyway. Otherwise, Wirbel has to be left unperked, as the only effective flak.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:39 PM »
     And on another note lusche,I am sorry you wont be able to kill as easy................

NOT :D

Oh, I will kill more easily even.. because I have to switch back to bombs. I switched to big guns for tank hunting for the I thought it was more challenging, somewhat "sportsmanlike", cleaner and, most important, more fun than just dropping big bombs. I rarely bombed for that reasons, almost never took of in a Il-2 with bombs for that reasons.

Now I'll have to fall back to that dirty kind a of work again. Get some alt and drop while still out of icon range. Easy, but not as fun anymore as trying to gun down a Tiger inHurri D without augering or simply slugging it out with a Ostwind.  ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
-
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »
dumb double posting
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 10:08:04 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 11:51:31 PM »
ZomGZomGZOmg...I got teh blasted by teh new WirlbelWiinDD..NO Fair I cant Vulch noMOre...whaaaaaaaa!

No need to perk it.

Stop Being a VulchTard or a Lanc-o-stuka and you will be fine.

Ever stop and wonder maybe thats why HTC decided to come out with a beast like this? To stop all the Tardlings from doing what they do best.

...And also why the DD's in the CV groups' have 5-inch mannables now. They might very well be trying a solution to the "Lancstuka."