Author Topic: War in the AvA: Battle of Britain  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
War in the AvA: Battle of Britain
« on: March 26, 2008, 11:32:05 AM »

WAR in the AvA

The War begins FRIDAY in the Axis vs Allied theatre.  The WAR is won when each side has captured at a minimum 20 opponent fields and holds then until the battle-check day of Thursday, 1159pm EST. If not, the WAR continues another week until a victor has captured enough fields. Commanders will be given new aircraft based on the Round Table every week the war continues.

Will the Allies defend England and recapture France or will Germany press into the cliffs of Dover?

Those interested in Commanding each side can send a PM to any AvA staff member expressing their interest and why they feel they are best suited to lead their forces into battle.

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

storch

Re: War in the AvA: Battle of Britain
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 11:34:51 AM »
all I'm going to type is that it's a good thing english and german are related languages becuse the result will be the same as if the US had not intervened to save our cousins during that long ago conflict.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 11:40:30 AM »
I was hoping for an operation barbarossa war with this new update. All this is going to be is people whining that they dont have leet cannons. That is why Im declaring myself an allied dog for this war. You axis noobs are going down!!
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 11:42:11 AM »
all I'm going to type is that it's a good thing english and german are related languages becuse the result will be the same as if the US had not intervened to save our cousins during that long ago conflict.

So what you're trying to say is that this is the map that JG54 honed their milk-running skills on and we should all be prepared??

:devil
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:44:10 AM »
or will Germany press into the cliffs of Dover?

I think it will more like the Germans press into the rump of Rover. ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »
I think a bunch of the Axis guys are looking for a change in rides (a side switch) to keep it interesting.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »
Will the plane sets be timeframe specific only, or both time and theater specific?
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
It would be more realistic if the Germans were supposed to close bases, not capture them.  Or if the Germans were supposed to hit strategic factories, destroy radar installations, etc.  Once an airfield is captured on either side of the channel, there will be no more fights over the channel. :rolleyes:

Will the plane sets be timeframe specific only, or both time and theater specific?
  If there are zekes and wildcats I'm not playing! :furious :lol

Anyway, this does look fun... we will see.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »
Wow, if a German invasion of England doesn't get the allies stirred up...nothing will.

I must say, the idea of multiple weeks with the BoB setup is about as appealing to me as dental work before the discovery of Novocaine.  Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, someone capture 20 bases!
P-47 pilot

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
Sounds fun! The BoB planeset is among my favorites.

Offline Chapel

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »
Yea I'm a fan of the BoB too, be intresting to see how it rolls along week after week.
Rolling Thunder

Offline StugIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 09:17:16 PM »
maybe that can be an update, were the airfields have a damage meter, sort of thing and when they are completely down then they're put out of action. When the British attack on in France then they can take it over, its seems easy but it probably hard. this is what i think, i had a better way to explain it but i had a brain fart, :aok (it stinks)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 09:59:27 PM »
I sink I may fly acklied zis time.  But also German ja.  I vant to shoot things that fight.  So if you see me on you side, I not spy, I hunting skilled opponents.  ja.
P-47 pilot

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
I've tried to fly in the AvA arena. I logged in tonight to try again, but was quickly reminded why I go there so rarely. No matter how much work or good intentions you CMs put into it, the arena remains a ghetto from the poison named Storch.

Sure, I can squelch him, but it doesn't change the fact that his abusiveness affects players and contributes to the bizarre arena atmosphere. I, like others, would like to enjoy the arena, but will stay away because I simply don't need that crap in a game.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »
REolex
You are letting storch get in your head.  Yes he is a good stick and can be a pin in the a*&, but his talk is a weapon to get in your head. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group