Author Topic: A question about events  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
A question about events
« on: March 27, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »
I was trying to add a briefing to the oneonone mission and I can't seem to get the curtain event to work. Then I started looking for other events within the mission and I couldn't find any at the mission level or at the segment level. So my question is this, are the messages from "LEAD" generated automatically by the segment type?
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: A question about events
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
Has anyone been able to add an event to a mission or a segment and get it to function? Still haven't had any luck with them.
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »
I was trying to add a briefing to the oneonone mission and I can't seem to get the curtain event to work. Then I started looking for other events within the mission and I couldn't find any at the mission level or at the segment level. So my question is this, are the messages from "LEAD" generated automatically by the segment type?
yes LEADs are generated automatically.  As for briefing events make sure you have time to play them in the Briefing Time of the Mission properties.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 01:59:25 PM »
Sudz, I was just trying to add an event to open the curtain in the briefing room. At the mission properties window I put 60 in for the briefing time. I then right clicked at the mission level and selected add event. I named it "curtain test" and have tried several values in the mission time window 0,1,30.... I was thinking that as long as it was less than 60, the curtain would open. I can right click on the event and test it in the editor, with AHview enabled  I see the screen jump to the briefing room and then the curtain opens. But when I save the mission exit the editor and start AH2. I then go into the mission sit in the briefing room for a minute with the curtain closed and then go out to the flight. Is there a build step I could be missing?
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
You may have set the open curtain event for one mission, but are selecting the opposing mission?  I'll look into it.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 05:43:44 PM »
Thanks Sudz,
I'll double check that,

I name each opposing mission with the name of the aircraft, so I can be sure where I am when editing it.

Thanks for your help and feedback.
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
Ok, I found this one.  It happens sporatically and should be fixed the next release.  Leave your missions as they are since you will just need to save them again for the fix.