Author Topic: offline mission post  (Read 2448 times)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
offline mission post
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:56:28 PM »
With all of those posting new offline missions I thought maybe it would be nice if we placed them in one post to make them easier to find and allow people to search through them without having to jump from thread to thread.

Here is my first offline mission I thought since some of the people think that the AI is too easy I thought I would up the stakes a little bit. I made a 4v1 single Spit9 vs 4 109g6. It is harder I have only shot one of them down and it seems that you can loose 2 of them pretty easy given the parameters that are set with the attack mode. Try it and let me know what you think. I also made this one from scratch but since it was the first it is still using the same map but using different fields to up and return to. I am also having trouble with getting the landing sequence to be as smooth and come in as well as the original ones are. So if there is any advise out there as to where  to place the waypoints to get the landing sequence right, I would appreciate it.

http://files.filefront.com/hordes+4vs1mis/;9910363;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 09:03:22 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
Re: offline mission post
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »
I've found you may need to change the waypoint before the landing sequence several times in order for everything to come out right. The problem is sharp turns. If it's sharper than 90 degrees it will create problems.

Here's a screenie from my latest one.

Here's the mission file if anyone wants it.

www.ihandcut.com/images/bombrunb17.mis

5 flights of B17's bomb a radar facility while being attacked by 4 190d's. It's on the ndisles map.
I've found that turning off the icons adds to the immersion factor.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:09:42 AM by Stixx »
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
I've found you may need to change the waypoint before the landing sequence several times in order for everything to come out right. The problem is sharp turns. If it's sharper than 90 degrees it will create problems.

Here's a screenie from my latest one.
(Image removed from quote.)

Here's the mission file if anyone wants it.

www.ihandcut.com/images/bombrunb17.mis

5 flights of B17's bomb a radar facility while being attacked by 4 190d's. It's on the ndisles map.
I've found that turning off the icons adds to the immersion factor.

thanks that what I thought. I was hoping that someone figured out where the "sweet spot is" that would get it there.

oh well it will give me something elsee I can do at work.

thanks again
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 12:36:26 AM »
Here is an updated version of my 4vs1 I have increased the amount of time available to fight and changed the route after the warp to get the 109's to be able to find you if you happen to loose them. I played it 3-4 times and was unable to loose them even once for the entire fight. Made things very interesting and has helped me learn to keep my SA (a little better anyway). Give it a shot.

Here is the link
http://files.filefront.com/4vs1+updatemis/;9916982;/fileinfo.html

edit: I also accidently deleted the old one, but I uploaded it again and here is the original incase you wanted to have the one with the leeser attack time and the ability to loose some of the enemy.
http://files.filefront.com/hordes+4vs1mis/;9917177;/fileinfo.html

any suggestions would be appreciated and considered

thanks
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:45:58 AM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »
this is fun in the spit
I tried to fly with the 109's but they freeze at takeoff - u can fly out alone - but thght u might want to know

Newbs

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 06:24:18 AM »
thanks i didn't even think to try that part out. I'lllook at it and see if it is something I can fix or a bug that needs fixed.

edit: I just tried it several times and all took off as normal. not sure what is going on there. if anyone else is having same problem please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:54:03 AM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
I didnt wait for the ok to takeoff from lead - I'll try that first and let you know if that was whatwas wrong
I'm impatient sometimes - don't follow orders all that well :)

NwBie

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »
not sure if you missinterpretted what you are seeing, but the 109's for some reason circle around before leaving the field. I am guessing that this is because the mission calls for them to climb faster than they are capable of. They may not be keeping up with you and maybe that is what you are seeing. I took off before the prompt to do so and they still upped as well only they ended up pretty far behind me because of them circling around. After you warp  look back and see if they are there. They should be about 1-2 k behind you.

hopefully that is it.

Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
never got that far - i will see if thereafter warp - i just efluffied after took off and they hadnt followed

I will try that

Thanks for the great fun youguys are providing :)

Newbs

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
I found the problem that Nwbie pointed out and fixed this. The problem was in the mission properties in the briefing time. I was not aware at the time that I needed to enter in a time in this box. This caused the drones to not take off or take off the wrong runway. This also would not allow the arrow that shows the position in the route that you should be to show. This has been corrected and here are the updates.

http://files.filefront.com/4vs1+updatemis/;9979259;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/hordes+4vs1mis/;9979260;/fileinfo.html
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »
Hey

Thanks got your pm - by the way - you popped my cherry - I am no longer a PM virgin on this board :)

Just downloaded the updates - wil try tonight and let you know if any probs with it

Thanks again for all the effort

NwBie

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 03:16:06 PM »
all better now - now i can cherry pick the poor bastage Spitty driver :)

working well on my end dkff

Newbs

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »
hope you are enjoyinng it I just shot 3 out of 4 of the weak 109's
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave