Author Topic: How to make your XP work better in ace's high  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: How to make your XP work better in ace's high
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »
Animal please keep us updated on your progress.
See Rule #4

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
All ya need now is a tool to remove Norton  :P

>IMO< that's one of the very worst softwares you can have installed on a gaming machine,.. hands down. It's WAY over programmed and way over-zealous and causes more problems (including being a complete resource hog) then it prevents.  Symantec is a EA.com of software, they buy up software and then destroy it. I really don't think these peeps have a clue except in marketing crap to the unknowing. >IMO< But that's just me. Everyone needs protection I just do not agree with their approach to it.

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 05:29:55 PM »
Animal please keep us updated on your progress.

I will. As soon as I am happy with it I'll cut it loose. I was *NOT* happy with my previous versions of it, which were actually just betas. And I was learning a new scripting engine (LUA)

Just keep I mind I'm NOT trying to push it on anyone, if you try it an like it then use it if you want. The most important thing is that more people are playing on the same level of performance,...as much as possible. I you like fsautostart use it, it certainly won't offend me, he's a good guy who makes stuff that works and that counts.

In the old days those with tweaked machines always had the win advantage, I like to eliminate that issue and bring it down to just piloting skills. Whether I ever succeed or not remains to be seen.

Right now I am running the game on a Dell Dimension 3000 and a mouse....and the only change from default hardware is my wireless and a SB Live sound card. I am still using the onboard video and pull between 23 and 60 fps depending on the art. That's because it shares memory and no AGP or ePCI slots.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »
I made something similar to fsauto start.

Except it will kill services and background processs, cleans the pc including memory, and then when you're done 1 click restarts them bringing the PC back to where it was when you started. It also uses profile so you can set profiles for every game or program you run. Up to 1000 profiles.

Just working out a few menu issues and it will be released.

Doesn't FSAutostart do all of that?  Mine does.

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
Doesn't FSAutostart do all of that?  Mine does.

Could be. like I tried to say. I will NOT belittle his software and I'm NOT building my own because his is substandard or anything. I just do it because I like building my own stuffff. I can say this about his, it probably carries a smaller foot print. I'm REALLY not trying to steal his audience. I respect what he's done.

I'm already using mine, I just haven't cut it loose yet. Use whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 09:23:10 AM »
Go TO   WWW.BLACKVIPER.COM

Kamori

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:09 AM »
I have two settings when I boot puter.One is for normal putering,and one is for gaming.I used Black Vipers XP settings to disable non essential services.I have 12 services running when I enter Aces High.I then hit ctl-alt-del,shut down explorer,and restart AH,and thats about as good as it gets.
IronDog
P.S. when your done playing AH,in the task manager,hit file,new task,type in explorer,and your good to go
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:57:15 AM by IronDog »

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »
I use Enditall...too bad you cant DL it for free anymore. Closes ALL non Windows programs at once.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator