Author Topic: .Res Files  (Read 1382 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
.Res Files
« on: March 31, 2008, 09:27:03 PM »
Ok, I'm getting close to adding Hq's and fields.

What is the absolute Minimum I need to place per side for the .res file to work?

Once I complete this .res file will i be able to move this into my AH folder and fly it offline?

Will others be able to put it in their AH folder and fly it off line?

Or does it need a wave of Skuzzy's magical wand to be playable?

Sorry if there's a sticky or if this has been posted before.

NUTTZ

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: .Res Files
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:37:35 PM »
Once you "build" it you can fly it offline - even if it only has a single field.
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 06:40:38 AM »
What I do for my initial inspection is I divide the terrain into a quad and put one airfield in each quadrant. I don't bother with HQs or anything else. That way I can fly most the terrain to get a feel for it.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
Yes, you and any of us can fly it offline.  I look forward to it if you ever feel like sharing it and having others check it out with you for potential problems.   
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »
Yes, you and any of us can fly it offline.  I look forward to it if you ever feel like sharing it and having others check it out with you for potential problems.   

NP, I will. I could use all the help needed debugging and error checking. I will post the res file shortly.

I scrapped all the tiles I had done. It was a trial run, now I know and understand Clutter, heirarchy, Tiles,
and randomizer. I re-did all the tiles at the same time so the hues would be correct towards each other tiles.
I got alittle tweeking of a few tiles, and i'll post the .res file and ask (gulp) for input.

NUTTZ