Author Topic: DOG FIGHTING BOMBERS  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
Re: DOG FIGHTING BOMBERS
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
shot down a f4u-1c and a d with a 234 a couple days ago

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 12:10:46 PM »
Yesterday morning I was on my way to a gv base in B17's when in the cock pit I saw tracers going past, i quickly manned the rear gun to find another set of B17's flying perpendicular to my flight path trying to shoot me down I returned fire as he went out of range of my guns, as I return to my normal flight path I decided to recheck my six low and behold he was attempting another pass at me, but this time he was approching from my six on angle to my left which gave me the leading shot at him so I let loose all my rear guns and lit him up like a christmas tree, the hits were on him and his drones, he had no chance.

I almost forgot about 3 weeks ago I was gunning for a sqaudy in B24's as we came upon a set of B17's, we were at there low seven oclock and flew under them to about 400 out before I let loose with the top turrets and the pilot was on the front guns, he blew up immediately and we finish off his drones in seconds, I don't think he knew what hit him.

I was wondering do any of you guys run into this type of bomber to bomber action and what type scenario was it under.  :salute

I fly Buffs quite a bit but never had an experience like that. Sounds like great fun. Just the usual fighter encounters.
 :aok

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
Nothing like upping a formation of bombers, releasing all the bombs on take off, and flying them around like death stars.
When you need to make tight turns, turn on auto climb, turn a bit with rudder, and apply 50-75% power.

You can make a formation of b17 .ect stay in a tight pattern while also doing a tight climbing turn.
leathal to anyone foolish enough to step upto the plate.

Lucky for me, i fly in zig zag pattern till i die or run out of ammo.

The good times, are killing me.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 07:06:14 PM »
i was in a set of 24s the other day and i recieved a check six, and to my suprise, it was a lancaster comeing up on me, i hopped into my tail gun and B00M it was raining lancaster parts,

:salute :salute :salute erkle   ;)
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »
Me and HONDO came up to a set of Lancasters with his 24's rtbing.  I quickly shot them down in short order and HONDO added a spit to the talley.  Was pretty funny.

Hoagi

LOL..Yeah that was pretty fun.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wnynz41xmm3
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 01:30:53 AM »
  Some time ago I was in a flight of KI67's and found myself a couple K under some lancs. So I ask Thndregg to jion me and he nicely mows down the flight with the 20 mil :).       

I have taken out flights of B-17's with my B-26's and lanc's and 24's with my B-17's but the best one has to be when I shot down 1 yak9-U with my pilot gun in a JU-88 and made the second 9-U auger into the water and land my 2 kills. :D
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 02:41:17 AM »
Yes, my lancasters were once attacked by 3 ki67s...they didn't have a chance.  And another time my ju88s were attacked by lancasters.  Very funny.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 04:03:56 AM »
shot down 2 ki-84's today with an sbd, was going for a 51D but a spit got me :(

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 07:49:12 AM »
Well look at that, I made it to silver member.  :D   

You may continue....
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 10:39:14 AM »
Once upon a time in the longago, there was an Arena in AirWarrior called "Air Gallions" which was set up for this exact purpose. It was a hoot.
-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 10:47:34 AM »
I ran a B-26 mission to bomb a field on baltic, I think. I get over target, lose a drone to fighters, bomb, turn, and RTB at full speed. I dive from 12k down to 9k-ish to get away from the giant furball behind me, and as I'm RTB I run across 2 B-24s (he's lost a drone too) on their way to MY base! So I just keep closing, coming in, pour on the juice, and come up right behind them. I use the fixed nose guns and hose them with every last bullet.

I dive under at the last second, but didn't even think to jump into the turrets! (hey, it was a new concept to me!). I got both kills, as I had set both on fire. Somebody overhead was watching, and I got the whole thing on film. Was funny as heck!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 10:59:38 AM »
The A-20 is a good buff hunter.

Fly directly below about 1k distance out, and then snipe out the bombers wingtips with the top turret, works great and usually the buffs die before they realise what is going on.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
Once upon a time in the longago, there was an Arena in AirWarrior called "Air Gallions" which was set up for this exact purpose. It was a hoot.
-Sik

Yup!

An entire arena for fully gunned B-17 deathstars vs fully gunned B-17 deathstars.  That was fun.

ROX

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 01:26:50 AM »
Balance1 out turned me in a B-17 once....and i was in a SPIT!

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 02:11:23 AM »
I flew B25 the other day and made attempt to dog fight Zeke; Didn't turn out too well for me but he PM'ed me saying he was worried few times when he saw me trying to dogfight   :aok

Still hoping to find B25 heading for field when I'm in one too; hasn't happened yet
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!