Author Topic: Don't support Beijing!  (Read 675 times)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Don't support Beijing!
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:55:39 AM »
You'll never look at the running man logo for Beijing's Olympics the same way again  :eek:
http://www.subrealism.org/historicwing.php
Edit*
Here's a poster that amnesty took down from their site too.
Not bad at all.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 04:22:32 AM by SD67 »
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Re: Don't support Beijing!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:41:32 AM »
That reminds me, I need to go to Walmart tonight for groceries.  Thanks!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »
I find it quite silly.

Even Dalai Lama said he is against Olympics boycott.

Western world teaching others how to deal with dissidents - now that's funny. I am not even speaking about "free Tibet" screams, while we all see Iraq and Kosovo.

I see this "boycott" efforts being more then happy-idiotic amateur attempts, it's definitely encouraged by Western regimes. Until 2008 the winning team was always USSR, I mean - if we count all medals won by exUSSR countries, now there is a chance that China will beat everyone. Boycott is a good chance to skip the competition, and, finally, kill the Olympic movement. This time consequences will be much worse then in Msk or LA.

BTW, what happened to Good Will Games? Or will Western countries organize something like Friendship Games that we had in Msk in 1984 instead of LA Olympics?

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »
I find it quite silly.

Even Dalai Lama said he is against Olympics boycott.

Western world teaching others how to deal with dissidents - now that's funny. I am not even speaking about "free Tibet" screams, while we all see Iraq and Kosovo.

I see this "boycott" efforts being more then happy-idiotic amateur attempts, it's definitely encouraged by Western regimes. Until 2008 the winning team was always USSR, I mean - if we count all medals won by exUSSR countries, now there is a chance that China will beat everyone. Boycott is a good chance to skip the competition, and, finally, kill the Olympic movement. This time consequences will be much worse then in Msk or LA.

BTW, what happened to Good Will Games? Or will Western countries organize something like Friendship Games that we had in Msk in 1984 instead of LA Olympics?

nice troll Boroda.  ;)

You get the golden hook award.

I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »

If you subtract wrestling medals that leaves USSR with what... 3? :)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »
Boycotts are sexist.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 01:16:28 PM »
Boycotts are sexist.

Yes but the Girlcotts still sell good cookies
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline LTARGlok

• Probation
  • Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »

The East German women also used to win tons of medals, until it was discovered that they were all taking massive amounts of steroids.

Here is a photo of a former Olympic medal winner in swimming from East German:

And here is a lady from East Germany that won a Gold Medal in the Shot-put:

The USSR no longer exists, which is part of the reason here for their medal drop.   Many countries separated from Russia.   If you added all of their medal counts back together with Russia's, it would still be a significant number.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »
Gee whiz, check out the necks on those gals.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline LTARGlok

• Probation
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »
The boxing team is busy getting ready too.

I knew those Buddhist Monks would eventually become useful some day:

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »

USSR athletes won 1010 medals in the summer games:

395 G
313 S
296 B

wrestling accounted for 116 medals.  11%

First Olympics in which they participated: 1952

Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline 0Mav0

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »
People are all of sudden coming out about the evils in China. The Olympics didnt start them, did they? No. The evil has been there. Boycotting the Olympics is a stupid thing to do, its not the problem.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 02:33:14 PM »
Next time I post on this thread I gotta include [sarcasm][/sarcasm]. Russia has always been known for turning out some excellent fighters, especially Fedor Emelianenko (MMA, considered #1 heavyweight in the world, just surpassed by Anderson Silva for p4p king) and Alexander Karelin (a greco-roman wrestling god).

and those german chicks are fierce... but I don't really worry about the steroids. Many, many pro-athletes use them, and a lot of the hype about it is overblown. They're actually pretty important for recovery from intense workouts. Loading up on deca & stuff to bulk up probably is cheating (and slightly insane), but small amounts can be very beneficial without inducing psychosis.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 02:40:30 PM »
Next time I post on this thread I gotta include [sarcasm][/sarcasm]. Russia has always been known for turning out some excellent fighters, especially Fedor Emelianenko (MMA, considered #1 heavyweight in the world, just surpassed by Anderson Silva for p4p king) and Alexander Karelin (a greco-roman wrestling god).

Who can forget Jim Mackay calling the weightlifting prowess of Vasili Alexiev?  Seems he (VA) broke a record with every lift.

Offline LTARGlok

• Probation
  • Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »

Just look at how healthy steroids have kept Sylvester Stallone.

He is now in his 60's, and has a beautiful young ex-model wife, and two lovely young daughters.