Author Topic: "That Arena is FULL, please choose another"  (Read 1918 times)

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: "That Arena is FULL, please choose another"
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 04:08:30 PM »
actually 60 to 75 can be a great time....

duly noted...but in the context I mention above...not if you only have a limited amount of time to sign-on and sign-off....after a while..it get's frustrating.

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »
A quick customer service suggestion to the powers that be...

4. I am respectfully asking you for a customer friendly solution here....and truth be told...I would not mind paying more for a "VIP FAST TRACK" option that permits entry into any arena I choose...when I choose....if it were available.  Money is not my issue.....time is.

Thanks for your consideration.

LOL, ?"FAST TRACK ".... Holy-Sheep Chit, HT is gona love that Idea, ($$$)
Why I wouldn't be supprized( for a little more)  if HT Let You sit on his lap at the next CON ( just to sweeten the pot on that VIP E-Ticket.... :rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 04:34:12 PM by CHECKERS »
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »
who?

what is this talk of laps and Cons you speak of?

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
who?

what is this talk of laps and Cons you speak of?

The lap part is a joke !

The CON is The AcesHigh Convention usually held once a year at a chosen location
ie Las Vegas, or Texas (where ever they can find a place big enough) . Any way Aces High customers
 all travel to the convention and have a social get to gether , also Dogfights stuff like that ,
 Total Fun !!!

As for the arena caps and rolling limits .... It has it draw backs , but  it was a much cussed and discussed   solution to a much bigger problem in the past ......

http://www.flyaceshigh.com/ahcon/ahcon.html  < Click it ....for CON info

Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 05:01:07 PM »
I sign-on....and see 30-75...that is downright horrid.

:huh  How many can you fight at the same time?

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 05:05:56 PM »
The question I have is...

Why IS orange always more popular?

I've always had better FR in Blue, even when it is filled to the max......

And, as far as Tuesdays are concerned... I logged in yesterday and logged back off when I realized it was Tuesday.  I've already had enough of hording and buggy maps due to too many clients.  Every time I fly on tuesday there are "ghost" radar contacts all over the map... Dar bars that come and go without there being actual planes in the area... and bases that blink when there's no one near them.  And then there's the Lag.  Tuesday just isn't worth the frustration, after all, this is supposed to be fun.  Just my own opinion, mind you.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »
K This is a FACT one map in one arena is always gonna be better than the other. Theres never gonna be Old TT in Orange and New TT in Blue. Blue usually has not the best Maps in the game. and personally i hate mountains. Bombing in Mesa is a pain in the butt, cause im usually always surronded by mountains. and if theres a Furball its never aginst 2 Bases, it be Either over a Friendly Base or a Enemy base (where your chances of getting valuched by Doom are High!). Try to Even out the Maps, and the Limit of people, cause that another pain in the butt.  :noid :noid

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 05:32:49 PM »
I usually find it

Orange 372/320
Blue 120/240
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 09:02:48 PM »
For me its usually 370/320 and 35/220. I think arena caps suck I always try to go to the arena with the most players. I figure more players = more fights/bigger/better fights.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 02:49:15 AM »
It usually only takes a few times of quitting and logging back in to find either the numbers in Orange have dropped or the cap has gone up.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 05:26:46 AM »
It usually only takes a few times of quitting and logging back in to find either the numbers in Orange have dropped or the cap has gone up.

And you feel its ok to hassle until you get into the right arena, and to be dropped out by a disconnect, so you can start all over again ?
Im new here, but im sorry, i really dont understand the logic of these arena caps.
It p*** me off every time im not able just to login and go where my mates are flying.
-=Die Rammjäger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2008, 05:49:01 AM »
LOL don't get me started on the discos.
Not even 2 weeks ago I was getting discoed 4 or 5 times in the space of an hour! It was especially frustrating since I do not get a lot of time to fly during the week.
To be fair to HT it's not their fault there were issues with the carrier used by my ISP. I actually got it in WRITING that my ISP did not employ UDP shaping, and they sent the issue up to their carrier. Fortunately now the issues went away so I could enjoy playing every chance I got during my last week of holidays.
Having said that, the arena caps do suck and I do find it inconvenient to have to log in and out to get into the arena of my choice but I've been around for a while, and I understand why they did it. Doesn't mean I like it all that much though :D
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 05:55:50 AM »
LOL don't get me started on the discos.
Not even 2 weeks ago I was getting discoed 4 or 5 times in the space of an hour! It was especially frustrating since I do not get a lot of time to fly during the week.
To be fair to HT it's not their fault there were issues with the carrier used by my ISP. I actually got it in WRITING that my ISP did not employ UDP shaping, and they sent the issue up to their carrier. Fortunately now the issues went away so I could enjoy playing every chance I got during my last week of holidays.
Having said that, the arena caps do suck and I do find it inconvenient to have to log in and out to get into the arena of my choice but I've been around for a while, and I understand why they did it. Doesn't mean I like it all that much though :D

Could you please enlighten me, as im new, what is the reason for these arena caps ?
It cannot be because of server load, incase of Orange load at 200-300 and other 100-150.

-=Die Rammjäger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 06:06:33 AM »
Could you please enlighten me, as im new, what is the reason for these arena caps ?
It cannot be because of server load, incase of Orange load at 200-300 and other 100-150.

to prevent everyone from being in one arena. Originally AH was just one arena And from what I heard there were alot of problems caused by it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 06:35:08 AM »
didnt see any problems for about 4 years as a single arena. dont see any problems now though and i am a eurotard. there is always 1 person who wants to duel even when the main arena's are totaly dead.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.