Author Topic: Stall buzzer  (Read 1134 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Stall buzzer
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:38:01 PM »
Alright, I was wondering what the use for the stall buzzer was. I currently have it turned off (the sound, at least), because I know by feel when I'm just about to stall.

Basically, should I the stall buzzer back on, and why?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
Re: Stall buzzer
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »
i leave my stall buzzer on just because im not always thinking about how fast i am, and i know that i would surely stall if it wasnt for the buzzer
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 10:45:58 PM »
Stall buzzer & buffet tell me the low end of the speed range I'm in. Wind tells me the upper end, both without having to look at the gauge. Eyes on the target, and learn to feel where you are speed wise. Stall buzzer is good feedback for that.

However if you feel you have it nailed go ahead and leave it off. Thats your choice.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 01:52:54 AM »
i leave mine off. dont fly by instruments to often. unless i am stall fighting but i still leave it off and fly with insturments
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 03:57:03 AM »
It's very much depending on personal preference. If you feel comfortable without it, leave it off. If it helps and doesn't sound annoying to you, leave it on.
I have disabled it for years.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:31:39 AM »
Alright, I was wondering what the use for the stall buzzer was. I currently have it turned off (the sound, at least), because I know by feel when I'm just about to stall.

Basically, should I the stall buzzer back on, and why?
the buzzer starts before you csan really feel anything. can you feel an acclerated stall comming on?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 08:16:28 AM »
If you're just turning the buzzer off because it's so annoying, you can switch the sound to a "buffeting wind" stall buzzer sound instead of a "buzzer" sound.  That's what I've done, as I prefer to have the audio information but can't deal with the annoying buzz.

I'm sure most of you guys know that, but for those of you that don't...

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »
I leave mine on.  I need all the input I can get and with the additional audible input I know exactly where my limits are.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 09:24:42 AM »
I have it on, and up to 100% of its sound I think.  Just another way to let me know some information...

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »
I have it on but I changed that god-awful clicking stall sound that is default.

The one I have now is much less irritating and I have it turned down to about 50% of its original volume too.

I just need to get a hint of it to know what is about to come, anything louder is a frigging nuisance.. particularly when you're trying to communicate on squad vox.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »
I have it on but I changed that god-awful clicking stall sound that is default.

The one I have now is much less irritating and I have it turned down to about 50% of its original volume too.

I just need to get a hint of it to know what is about to come, anything louder is a frigging nuisance.. particularly when you're trying to communicate on squad vox.

what i do, is to turn the volume of it down a bit..that and the buffet....but i use them. you can stall an aircraft at hi speed too......so i use it to keep right on the edge without ever having to come inside the aircraft....as i try to never ever take my eyes off the bogie. that has unfortunatly cost me trips to the tower though, courtesy of mother earth. :O :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 08:39:16 PM »
The stall buzzer is so friggin' annoying I don't know how guys like AKAK swear by it.  I've always had mine off and just know when I'm going to stall by now.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 09:25:35 PM »
The stall buzzer is so friggin' annoying I don't know how guys like AKAK swear by it.  I've always had mine off and just know when I'm going to stall by now.

so i ask again......can you feel an accelerated stall before it happens? do you know what an acclerated stall is?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »
so i ask again......can you feel an accelerated stall before it happens? do you know what an acclerated stall is?

Accelerated stall, sounds like a stall that comes really fast. Honestly, I don't know
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:54 PM »
Accelerated stall, sounds like a stall that comes really fast. Honestly, I don't know

you;re kinda right..........
regardless of your speed, if the wing exceeds the critical AOA, it's going to stall......there isn't really too much warning from anything except for the buzzer..which goes off well before you get the buffet. ever been turning with someone, hearing your buzzer, and the plane's handling a bit funny, but no shudder? that's the wing comming to the critical AOA..and about to stall.

<<S>>

sorry if i seemed like a love muffins the way i asked that BTW
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"