Author Topic: Perk the 163 higher  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk the 163 higher
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 11:23:21 PM »
See Rules #6, #5, #4
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:24:53 PM by Skuzzy »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »
See Rules #2, #6
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:25:58 PM by Skuzzy »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 11:31:42 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:26:15 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 11:35:53 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:26:29 PM by Skuzzy »
If i said anything to offend u, plz ignore it.

also, if i say anything stupid or rude, it was probobly too late at night and i was half asleep, so ignore that too.

oh yeah, its all just my opinion, so if ya dont care, just keep it to urself, cuz if u dont care, i sure wont!

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 11:39:17 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:26:44 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »
Let me see if I get this right. You want a plane that has five minutes of fuel, 120 bullets, and limited to only one base to have a perk of about 150? People dont know how to fly them because you never really get a chance to. You waste half your fuel getting up to the alt then if your lucky you dont get your wing blown off by death star .50cals on the first pass you have to start RTBing.
Well said.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 12:38:40 AM »
See Rules #5, #2, #4

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:28:32 PM by Skuzzy »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 04:00:32 AM »
The sole purpose of the 163 is for HQ defence (when people can be bothered) and you're complaining when people actually use them for what they're in the game for? :huh
I've actually flown a 163 across half the map using careful fuel management. Did you know that if you get it just right, you can rearm and refuel a 163? Taking off again is tricky but if you can get it moving just a little it's a piece of cake ;)
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 05:48:46 AM »
Well aside from the constant ramming, I do think that 163's should be perked higher.  As it is now, one country warning of a HQ raid means that when I up from a HQ close base and hit "ALT + I" all I see is 163's.  I'm all for history and fun, but I think it's neither for everyone, especially the attackers, when they fly for an hour and then see 30/40+ 163's coming and tearing them apart.

donkey
i agree donkey, but i herd some where that the wings wer re-inforced so if they ran out of ammo or fuel on a pass then they could ram the wings of bombers w/ their wing and tak it off. just what i herd, but they do need to be perked higher, and if they cant be perked higher then they need a cap of how many can be in air at one time for your country. maybe say 4 or 5, 6 at most. just my thought and how i think it should be done.
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 05:53:31 AM »
It's a bit of a moot point anyway, you could fly in with no opposition at all, take the HQ out and with a little teamwork it would be back up again before you'd gone 2 sectors away.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 05:55:24 AM »
Let me see if I get this right. You want a plane that has five minutes of fuel, 120 bullets, and limited to only one base to have a perk of about 150? People dont know how to fly them because you never really get a chance to. You waste half your fuel getting up to the alt then if your lucky you dont get your wing blown off by death star .50cals on the first pass you have to start RTBing.

Ok the airplane is one dimensional. Although on certain maps Ive had them intercept me when bombing strats, tho I dont know if they still do on current maps cause I dont bomb strats anymore. The point is every airplane is, in effect, one dimensional. In its particular sphere of operation one gauges its effectiveness. Yes the 163 is truly one dimensional. But in that particular application it does throw off any kind of realism in the game which is why an airplane is perked.

I believe its unbalancing as it stands and should be perked higher. And boy, aint it funny but whenever you "wish" for something in the "wish for" forum someone always accuses the person of "complaining"or "whineing"?

Here's the operational history of the airplane, "and I remember off the top of my head". Out of about 300 produced the 163 shot down 9 allied bombers during the war. I bet 9 rolled off US assembly plants, in 1944, during the time it took me to type this post. Offhand I dont remember how many were lost but I do know about 80% of them were lost during takeoffs and landings. The comets were so fast, and so difficult to control and aim with, that Luftwaffe pilots ended up using the fuel to get to Alt and then making several unpowered glides thru the bomber formations before breaking off and gliding home. The comets were operational by the summer of '44 so they had their chance to make an impact but failed to do so. And had the Germans spent those millions of Reichsmarks on more 190 fighters they would have actually gotten something for their money. In operational terms the comet was a dismal failure.

Even still its a fascinating airplane with a fascinating story behind it. Its actually kinda cool its in the game but it shouldn't be allowed to be so unbalancing in its particular sphere of usefulness. I have flown it in the TA, where BTW you can fly it everyday even on Christmas, and it is a fun ride. I dont blame anyone for liking it. All Im saying is it should be perked higher. I'd say 50% to 75% of the ME-262s perks.

Eskimo Joe why are you even in this thread? While were at it AH needs to bring back the ignore feature in this forum or do something about these spam monkeys
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 06:07:44 AM »
The comets were so fast, and so difficult to control and aim with, that Luftwaffe pilots ended up using the fuel to get to Alt and then making several unpowered glides thru the bomber formations before breaking off and gliding home.
what i herd was different from that, so im saying wrong, you guys and criticize me ALL YOU WANT, wont change how i feel. I heard that it took ONE powered pass, looped around, dove then climbed back up through the formation for ONE unpowered then broke off and went home. so total it took TWO passes, ONE powered, ONE UN-powered pass
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 06:29:59 AM »
Heres an idea....send 10-15 fighters ahead to vulch the 163 base. I ran an HQ mission like that and we saw ZERO. You might even get away with a couple 262s. Bottom line they can be stopped if you put the effort in.

Edit...when the buffs leave the same fighters can also kill the goons that everyone gripes about.

Strip(er)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 06:41:10 AM »
Exactly.
Why penalise some players because others lack a little forethought?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
Fabricati diem, punc

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 06:42:26 AM »
Heres an idea....send 10-15 fighters ahead to vulch the 163 base. I ran an HQ mission like that and we saw ZERO. You might even get away with a couple 262s. Bottom line they can be stopped if you put the effort in.

Edit...when the buffs leave the same fighters can also kill the goons that everyone gripes about.
Tactics?!! :noid

The way I remember it, the 163s were first and foremost grounded by fuel infrastructure attrition.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you