Author Topic: Perk the 163 higher  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Perk the 163 higher
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »

Normally it has about the same perks as a Tempest, or not much higher. So that means whenever you do an HQ raid your going to see lots of these things. And thats not that big a deal except when guys get in them that dont know what they are doing in them. I bet Ive been rammed in the last 5 HQ raids Ive been in by sticks who dont know how to fly them. If the perk cost was higher I bet they would at least learn to fly them first, or, wouldnt fly them so recklessly. Perked like a Tempest your basically taking HQ raids out of the game.

Give them maybe 75% of the perks of a 262. In the hands of an expert they are a deadly airplane. As it stands its more like a comedy show. We even did an NOE raid and these things were zinging along, 100' off the ground, ramming the bombers.

If the game is a war flight sim then its totally unrealistic. In the actual war this airplane was a total failure and had zero impact on the conflict. Actually the program was more an aid to the allies then it was to the Germans cause the Luftwaffe poured all kinds of resources into a wretched design that just didn't work.

Im not saying get rid of them. Just perk them realistically. Thank you.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: Perk the 163 higher
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:54:50 PM »
Well aside from the constant ramming, I do think that 163's should be perked higher.  As it is now, one country warning of a HQ raid means that when I up from a HQ close base and hit "ALT + I" all I see is 163's.  I'm all for history and fun, but I think it's neither for everyone, especially the attackers, when they fly for an hour and then see 30/40+ 163's coming and tearing them apart.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:29:10 PM »
Let me see if I get this right. You want a plane that has five minutes of fuel, 120 bullets, and limited to only one base to have a perk of about 150? People dont know how to fly them because you never really get a chance to. You waste half your fuel getting up to the alt then if your lucky you dont get your wing blown off by death star .50cals on the first pass you have to start RTBing.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:31:21 PM »
Im not saying get rid of them. Just perk them realistically. Thank you.
Real planes weren't perked.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »
Real planes weren't perked.

no, but real 163s were few in number and had explosive fuel.  model that and i'll let u unperk em.  one hit to the tanks and it blows to bits.
If i said anything to offend u, plz ignore it.

also, if i say anything stupid or rude, it was probobly too late at night and i was half asleep, so ignore that too.

oh yeah, its all just my opinion, so if ya dont care, just keep it to urself, cuz if u dont care, i sure wont!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 10:41:57 PM »
Hmm, pulling the "realism" card while asking that a specific type of plane be further limited, to facilitate the bombing of a single structure which defeats radar for an entire country, over the entire map.

Does this strike anyone else as a bit ironic?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 10:46:54 PM »
Well aside from the constant ramming, I do think that 163's should be perked higher.  As it is now, one country warning of a HQ raid means that when I up from a HQ close base and hit "ALT + I" all I see is 163's.  I'm all for history and fun, but I think it's neither for everyone, especially the attackers, when they fly for an hour and then see 30/40+ 163's coming and tearing them apart.

donkey
Well you could just give up on HQ raids as you said it takes an hour to fly over & about 10 min to get HQ back up with about 6 c47's.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:52:42 PM »
and had explosive fuel.  model that and i'll let u unperk em.  one hit to the tanks and it blows to bits.

BZZZ wrong please try again.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:56:27 PM by Larry »
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »
BZZZ wrong please try again.

its a 2 part fuel, if u put a hole in either tank and they mix, they spontaneously combust.  model that, and u can have all the 163's ya want.

also, if i say anything stupid or rude, it was probobly too late at night and i was half asleep, so ignore that too.

oh yeah, its all just my opinion, so if ya dont care, just keep it to urself, cuz if u dont care, i sure wont!

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 10:54:33 PM »
its a 2 part fuel, if u put a hole in either tank and they mix, they spontaneously combust.  model that, and u can have all the 163's ya want.
I support proper spelling and Grammar. Go back to school, kid.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »
I support proper spelling and Grammar. Go back to school, kid.

have fun with grammer, i deal with it enuff on all my english papers in college, so back off.  this is one of a couple places most ppl dont care.  u sir, are 1 of those that presses ur ways on others, and i support being understanding of others.

and for the record, i'm not a kid.  i'm just not an old man either.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 10:58:36 PM »

Thats a little better. Try it one more time and you might get it.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »
have fun with grammer, i deal with it enuff on all my english papers in college, so back off.  this is one of a couple places most ppl dont care.  u sir, are 1 of those that presses ur ways on others, and i support being understanding of others.

and for the record, i'm not a kid.  i'm just not an old man either.

Um, most people do care. When you type like that you make yourself out to be a kid.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline EvlPrsn

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »
Thats a little better. Try it one more time and you might get it.

i'd rather not pull out specs on evrything, the point is they didnt take bullets well, and the rockets were unreliable.  i also know there were enuff of them to be notable and make it into this game, but were not seen in large numbers liek spitfires, p47s, or 109s....  its a matter of relative numbers.

if u care to correct me to pinpoint details, please go ahead.  i personally would b happier if there were no jets at all in this game, as they are just plain annoying.

Um, most people do care. When you type like that you make yourself out to be a kid.

well, then i guess ya'll r just gonna have to suck it, cuz up to the point that we can understand eachother, it reli doesnt matter.  i very much enjoy playing a game with more mature people, but if i'm going to have this sort of problem with stuff i post on the forums, dont count on any input from me.

and thats enuff derailing for one thread
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:05:27 PM by EvlPrsn »

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 11:12:30 PM »
Well you could just give up on HQ raids as you said it takes an hour to fly over & about 10 min to get HQ back up with about 6 c47's.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I don't go on HW raids...

And to clarify some, I do believe that it should get a higher perk, but what that should amount to, I'm not sure.

donkey
2sBlind