Author Topic: I am dissapointed  (Read 5373 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: I am dissapointed
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 09:12:54 AM »
Now theres a team player!   :aok
Yeah... But he has a very valid point too.  why should anyone feel the need to justify, how they play the 'game' when it's their dime after all?  For that matter, why even whine about how the 'game' is going?  If you don't like certain aspects of something you are paying for, you have the unalienable right to quit paying for the poor service.  Same goes for RL, (music, TV, foods, etc)... If you don't like something there, then don't support it, and maybe if enough people share your dislike, it will fade away to bad memory.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 09:20:43 AM »
What this really depends on is if you think playing for a side, or team, obliges you to follow team-play etiquette.  If so, then that you payed $15 matters less than you think.  There are all sorts of group activities that you can pay for that don't let you do what you want because you payed money.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 10:04:36 AM »
i pay $100 every 4 years for my drivers license, i still have to follow rules of the road. just because someone pays money, doesnt mean its a free-for-all.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »
 :rofl
i pay $100 every 4 years for my drivers license, i still have to follow rules of the road. just because someone pays money, doesnt mean its a free-for-all.
Apparently you have never driven the D.C. metro highway traffic.  That's from Martinsburg, WV to Blatimore, MD to Richmond, VA  :O

Play styles!  There ya have it.  Find a bunch of like minded players and play merrily...  either here or where ever.  :aok
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »

Excellent point.  :salute
P-47 pilot

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »
:roflApparently you have never driven the D.C. metro highway traffic.  That's from Martinsburg, WV to Blatimore, MD to Richmond, VA  :O

Play styles!  There ya have it.  Find a bunch of like minded players and play merrily...  either here or where ever.  :aok

worse, i live just outside of boston!!  :)  and actually, i used to live in Laurel, MD. can vividly remember traffic. Too vividly......

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »
:roflApparently you have never driven the D.C. metro highway traffic.  That's from Martinsburg, WV to Blatimore, MD to Richmond, VA  :O

I have. Got nuthin' on the DFW crowd (though I'll admit, with all the Texas plates going up and down that road, as of late .... ).

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »
What this really depends on is if you think playing for a side, or team, obliges you to follow team-play etiquette.  If so, then that you payed $15 matters less than you think. 

or you and a lot of other people that think the way that you do, go and do what you want , for after all it is your FIFteen dollars that you spent.no one can tell you any different either way. :rock

<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »
it's crap the way it is now

was on the other day and it was 19 to 3 with no one EVEN wanting to switch sides.

it's a joke - possibly worse than it ever has been
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
But you stayed and helped the underdog, anyway, right? I know you, Eagler ... you actually love a challenge.  :D

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »
its 24 hours if you switch. no one wants to wait that long.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 02:36:30 PM »
You can switch the first time you log in, if it's been awhile. If Eagler chose a side THEN the numbers went wonky on him .... well ....

But yeah, it's hard to yield to a request when the door's bolted.

As far as side-switching goes. I've made suggestions elsewhere.  :D

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »
i'm not a fan of uneven numbers either.  The axis were outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 when i logged on, but couldn't change until later on in the evening.  I know a lot of people are very loyal to their side, but like jamusta i have no affiliation with either side.  Even though i know that upsets some people, i routinely switch sides to which ever has the lowest numbers. 

I simply get little enjoyment from having overwhelming numbers, it's boring.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 02:50:34 PM »
But you stayed and helped the underdog, anyway, right? I know you, Eagler ... you actually love a challenge.  :D

I switched to the 3 side (allied) and stayed as long as I could stomach the HOing vulching 190 gangs

the room is still best with a handful of decent pilots vs what I saw the other day .. zero skill, gangs and HOs
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »
or you and a lot of other people that think the way that you do, go and do what you want , for after all it is your FIFteen dollars that you spent.no one can tell you any different either way. :rock

Wow, talk about begging the question. :huh

It's a good thing that no one thinks this way about organized sports, clubs and other social groups that require a membership fee.  Only on the internet... :rolleyes:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!