Author Topic: GMT TOD #5 - Axis AAR  (Read 1801 times)

VISCONTI

GMT TOD #5 - Axis AAR
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2000, 07:17:00 PM »
Yep was fun but u forget that our Fw190 have no fuel for a fast raid.
Fw190 can run but whitout fuel they are dead.

Yes, we lost a lot of 109, our manouvrability whit gondolas was very compromised (my mistake) and spits was very close to our 190 (dont forget that I am a dweb in 109).
If we let spits go to our 190 u sure killed them cause they have no fuel for run.
Then if u engaged the 190 u surely was killed by 109.

AAR: we killed a lot of enemy plane but we lost our mission.

Whit p38 close to spits u was in big advantage but i hope to see radar down soon and scouts working.

That was the mission our General asked to perform, I think our General is crazy   but we fly that mission and we did what we could do. If i was wrong my General is the only that can kick my but.
We need Ju88 or He111 for these mission  .

anyway was fun as allways.

C47 are nonsense?
Rescue plane saved a lot of life during ww2 and i love that in scenarios.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
GMT TOD #5 - Axis AAR
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2000, 06:58:00 AM »
Just a little note :

Camo reminded me about the Fuel issue & I will arange a refueling Stop in case there would be another mission like this (Who Knows...with Ground units, we might be able to organise a cool Jabo...)

C47 are there as Rescue planes & are therefore considered to be RED CROSS & NOT TARGETS TO SHOOT AT... Ever Heard of Geneva's....???

------------------
Saw/Saintaw<-----AKA "MAD GENERAL"
=XO=III/JG2~Richthofen~
GMT T.O.D. SITE

JG2 "Richthofen"
Don't shoot ! I am only an observer......

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 04-04-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

JENG

GMT TOD #5 - Axis AAR
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2000, 09:25:00 AM »
Saw, sorry to say this but I've got a different opinion about this...

First of all do you realy think that a USA C47 with redcross marks flying over das Tritte Reich, would get a free pass... of course not he would have been shot down, geneva or no geneva  

Now to the game issue... I believe that when rescue goons can't be shot down we lose alot of incentive bout staying alive... I mean even bailing over enemy territory will be no problem... a goon will pick you up (with impunity) and there you go.. back on for another mission.

I don't mind the goons... but I think it's best to not make them neutral... they are targets... Make the rescue of bailed pilots a dangerous affair... which if succeeds deserves a medal.. but when it doesn't succeed both pilots are death.

Just my opinion of course ...

Bee