Author Topic: Arena Setting questions(Udie,Kieren????)  (Read 631 times)

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
Arena Setting questions(Udie,Kieren????)
« on: July 24, 2000, 11:06:00 PM »
This Special Events Arena is a welcome addition to AH and may provoke me to to once again pull out the wallet   (I supported WB & AW Dos for many,many years prior......)

I'm interested in adjusting settings for the SEA (by a CM of course)such as:

NO ICONS (is it possible to shut them all the way off?)
KILL SHOOTER ON/OFF
RADAR ON/OFF(again,able to disable completely?)
REGEN OF GROUD OBJECTS ON/OFF
and Does the resupply of AMMO/FUEL infrustructure work in the SEA including the means to disable it?

I gathered that fields can be closed after launch for one life engagements and rearm/refuel still left on.

If these settings are adjustable and there's atleast a dozen virtual pilots interested this could be very intense.

I'd prefer a historical fighter/Bomber engagement with 2 to 3 fields per side,one aircraft per person,Icons OFF,Radar OFF,refuel-rearm ON,Killshooter ON, ReGen OFF.(1 to 3 types of aircraft available per side/historical)

If Dale/Doug are reading by strange chance,
limited aircraft stowed on the playing field per side,available for straiffing/ordinance drops would greatly inhance the engagement.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer the settings questions!

Rattler
The Outlaws
An Online WWII AeroSquadron Since 1992
SAPP

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2000, 03:05:00 AM »
Hi Rattler!  Good to see you here again!  

I'm not a CM, so unfortunately I can't set up the SEA for you.  But I know that most of what you ask is possible.

NO ICONS (is it possible to shut them all the way off?)

Not yet.    Hopefully soon.  We must rely on the "honor" system if we are to play no-icons scenarios.

KILL SHOOTER ON/OFF

Yes, can be turned on/off.

RADAR ON/OFF(again,able to disable completely?)

I'm not sure if the sector bars can be disabled yet.

REGEN OF GROUD OBJECTS ON/OFF

Yes, you can change the rebuild time multiplier.  Put it to 50x and it takes a while to rebuild.  

Does the resupply of AMMO/FUEL infrustructure work in the SEA including the means to disable it?

Yes, just like in the MA.

I gathered that fields can be closed after launch for one life engagements and rearm/refuel still left on.

Yes, that is correct.  It has been in use in all of the scenarios I know of.  Its great.  

limited aircraft stowed on the playing field per side,available for straiffing/ordinance drops would greatly inhance the engagement.

Yep, this would be an excellent feature!  

Hope this helps!

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2000, 11:07:00 AM »
Camo beat me to most of it...

Sector bars cannot be disabled directly (as far as we know) yet. We can destroy the radar manually, but that is a temporary fix. It is not easy to do for any great length of time, so it likely won't be part of the "offered choices" until we have a more streamlined way of doing it. CavemanJ is the expert in this area, so you might consult him on the host settings.

Limited planes? If you mean limit the types, yes. If you mean limited numbers (total), no. I agree, would be cool if all the planes available at a base would be represented by an object in the shape of a plane on the edge of the runway- destroy all those parked planes and the plane type is gone. That type of ability is not in the game (yet?).

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2000, 04:32:00 PM »
Thanks for answers gentleman!

Rattler
SAPP