Author Topic: HOSTILE SHORES - FREE ACCOUNT WINNERS !!!  (Read 473 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
HOSTILE SHORES - FREE ACCOUNT WINNERS !!!
« on: May 23, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
Winners for Hostile Shores

Bombers category:

I can't think of anyone deserving an award any more then Tjay. He flew TBMs in all 4 frames, in frame one it was his bombs that send Zeusse to the bottom. In frame 2, he was one of the few who broke though and bombed Tirpitz which immobilized it. He also flew in frames 3 and 4 with great distinction.
Aces High bomber community needs more man like him.
Congratulations Tjay, well deserved.

Nexx participated in 3 frames of HS and was partially responsible for sinking of the Tirpitz in frame 3. He was also an XO for 617 squadron throughout the scenario.

In German bombers, number of pilots bravely faced the odds and fought with great skill and courage. Some of them were trainers or CMs therefore not eligible for award. Winner in this category was uvvall. He flew in all 4 frames and managed to get a kill in one of them. He was partially responsible for sinking of the Royal Navy's carrier in frame 3.

Fighter category:

Competition in this category was very fierce. I was gonna give this award to anyone who flew in all 4 frames and scored at least 1 kill in whole scenario. Unfortunately, no one i could find qualified. Not a single pilot who scored a kill lived thought all 4 frames.  
( anything but landing is considered a loss for scoring purposes )

In that case, pilot who flew in 4 frames and lived in 3 with the highest number of kills will be rewarded.
Kirin fits that bill.
In frame 1 he scored 3 kills in 2 sorties.
In frame 2 he scored 6 kills in 3 sorties.
In frame 3 he scored 1 kill on his first sortie and was killed. No one was awarded a credit for his death, Kirin, I'm wondering as to details...  
In frame 4, he scored 2 kills in 2 sorties.

Overall, 12 kills in 8 sorties and 1 death. Congratulations Kirin.

Also, I've checked the fighter scores by hand. If you flew in all 4 frames, landed all 4 and got at least 1 kill - please contact me. I'm not infallible  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each of the pilots listed above will be receiving one month's free account for Aces High ( 30$ value ).

HTC was already notified and is crediting the accounts.

Please join me in congratulating all the winners.

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

Northolt Wing Headquarters

Offline Li`l Snorkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2001, 07:26:00 AM »
Hiya FD,

I flew with No.1843 Sqn from the Furious.
Due to real life reserve military duty I was unable to attend the first frame, but religiously attended the other three, leading No.1843 Sqn on the last one.

During the three frames I landed all my sorties (although you will see 1 death on landing due to the 1st wire bug), never shot down.
I averaged about 3.6 kills per frame, with 11 kills total, I am the leading pilot in 1843, with Vulcan close behind me   .

Considering I achieved this in only three frames, does it warrant any recognition?

<S>
Snorkey
56th FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
You were on the list, but we had to go with someone who made all 4 frames. This was what we listed as a requirement. Sorry.

I understand military thing. Been there done that.

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

Northolt Wing Headquarters