Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7016 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« on: April 11, 2008, 09:09:59 AM »
I'm tired of listening to the whining acm,furballing,advocates.People pay $14.95 a month to fly the way they want,in what they want.It would be nice if people would mind their own business.The truth is,that the furballing pretty much ended in WWI.Some of the high "choke" scoring pilots in AH are pickers.We need you furballers to provide us with targets,so keep on doing your Lufbery thing.You seldom see a picker belittleing a furballer that he has just dispatched,but the pickee rants and raves,and threaten the picker with the DA.Some are even threatning to quit AH if something isn't done to stop the way fights are taking place.I would submit a solution would be to have a fightertown like AW.The mob could go there and furball till the obese lady sings.The DA has a setup like that,but it is like the MA,but with smaller hordes.Next time you get picked,stop and think about the work the picker has put into his treachery.Can't we all just get along here and show some good sportsmanship?
IronDog

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:20:18 AM »
you mean pick , run away, pick, run away, pick , run away, pick, run away

is that how it works.

there are some of us out there who only like to furball.

there are some who like to cherry pick someone who is already fighting.

there are some who look for cherry pickers and cherry pick them.......
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:23:14 AM »
You seldom see a picker belittleing a furballer that he has just dispatched

I think I disagree on this. Whining, ch200 drama, yelling at & harassing other players isn't limited to any particular group. You may just see pickers crying less cause they are (naturally) killed less often than furballers. But if you manage to jump & kill them, the chances you are getting a nasty PM are as least as high as if you have killed any other player type. Maybe even more - we pickers HATE  being a victim ourselves ;)

Furballers whine when their furball is being interrupted, pickers & vulchers whine when their unwilling victim isn't dumb enough to come yout of ack just to provide a poor-E target, Bonapartes whine because their team is soo freking dumb etc etc etc...
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »
It's simple really. If it's RED it's DEAD. Don't care how I get the kill, just as long as they go down. Pick em, turn em, burn em, blast em, ram, em, bomb em, who cares, just kill em.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:57:56 AM »
The truth is,that the furballing pretty much ended in WWI.

This is a game, not a war or a history lesson. Historical tactics don't have to be applied. A game is just about having fun and some people have fun when they can master a plane, outfly their opponent and shoot them down. Picking is so easy it doesn't deserve any attention, IMHO. But if someone picks me and even <S> because he thinks he did a good job, sorry, I'm not gonna ignore this. And you know, you were there.

You seldom see a picker belittleing a furballer that he has just dispatched,but the pickee rants and raves,and threaten the picker with the DA.

Lusche said it all, about this. I totally agree with him.

The DA has a setup like that,but it is like the MA,but with smaller hordes.

Nope, it's even worse.... it has become a sort of H2H pool, with green pilots and bad fliers. You can have good fights in MA.

Next time you get picked,stop and think about the work the picker has put into his treachery.Can't we all just get along here and show some good sportsmanship?

That's the problem, IronDog: as I said earlier, picking is so much easier than dogfigthing..... there's NO SPORTSMANSHIP in picking someone who's already involved in a fight... so the picker should expect no sportsmanship in return, since he's the one not giving any in first place.

And finally.....

It would be nice if people would mind their own business.

Can you mind your own business when someone's spoiling it?
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:01:19 AM »
lol, we call you out to the DA because we know you'll loose and we also know you'll refuse because you know you'll loose.  Bringing me to my next point: if you only engage in low/no risk attacks you'll never learn how to take care of yourself when the extra-high alt monkey pickers come to pick you.

DA?

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 10:01:41 AM »
This is a game, not a war or a history lesson. Historical tactics don't have to be applied. A game is just about having fun and some people have fun when they can master a plane, outfly their opponent and shoot them down. Picking is so easy it doesn't deserve any attention, IMHO. But if someone picks me and even <S> because he thinks he did a good job, sorry, I'm not gonna ignore this. And you know, you were there.

Lusche said it all, about this. I totally agree with him.

Nope, it's even worse.... it has become a sort of H2H pool, with green pilots and bad fliers. You can have good fights in MA.

That's the problem, IronDog: as I said earlier, picking is so much easier than dogfigthing..... there's NO SPORTSMANSHIP in picking someone who's already involved in a fight... so the picker should expect no sportsmanship in return, since he's the one not giving any in first place.

And finally.....

Can you mind your own business when someone's spoiling it?

ditto
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »
Furballers Unite !!!!
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »
lol, we call you out to the DA because we know you'll loose and we also know you'll refuse because you know you'll loose.  Bringing me to my next point: if you only engage in low/no risk attacks you'll never learn how to take care of yourself when the extra-high alt monkey pickers come to pick you.

DA?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hey! You're copying my signature! I'm gonna sue you! :D  (do we have a black skin for Frank???)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:21:59 AM »
I hate getting picked as much as the next guy but I have to respectfully disagree with those who whine about it.  In the end getting picked is your own fault.  You let down your SA and got tunnell vision on the target in front of you. 

Pickers usually come in at about mach 20 with their wings on fire.  When you see them coming it is relatively easy to avoid the shot.  If you enter a furball when there are high altitude cons above the fight then it is up to you to exercise some good old fashioned "Situational Awareness".  Do that and you wont be the victim so often.

More often the "picker" is really someone else in the same furball as you and is just clearning his buddies six.  I fail to see how anyone can complain about being picked in a furball by someone else who is also down in the same furball.

:frown:

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »
Gianlupo you are a wise man sir :salute
there's NO SPORTSMANSHIP in picking someone who's already involved in a fight... so the picker should expect no sportsmanship in return, since he's the one not giving any in first place.
  :aok They will never get it 

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:30:52 AM »
Furballers Unite !!!!
We already have!

:aok
           ll
           ll
           ll
           ll
         \\//

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 10:33:32 AM »
  In the end getting picked is your own fault.  You let down your SA and got tunnell vision on the target in front of you. 
I don't think anyone is trying to find blame, moreso trying to inform a weak, punkish, cowardly section of the community on how to grow some balls! :aok 

:rock
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 10:37:27 AM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »
Next time you get picked,stop and think about the work the picker has put into his treachery.?
IronDog

Picker work???
Cherrypicking and BnZ takes minimum effort and little to no skill. Point nose in their general area, dive, shoot, pull up, repeat. No skill, whereas a standard fight (Stall) you're constantly having to make adjustments, constantly trying to predict the next persons move, and always having to watch for the picking noobs. If you think the picker has to 'work' try fighting sometime.
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 10:38:54 AM »
Picker work???
Cherrypicking and BnZ takes minimum effort and little to no skill. Point nose in their general area, dive, shoot, pull up, repeat. No skill, whereas a standard fight (Stall) you're constantly having to make adjustments, constantly trying to predict the next persons move, and always having to watch for the picking noobs. If you think the picker has to 'work' try fighting sometime.
lolz, most still have stall limiter on! :rofl