Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7004 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 10:41:44 AM »
I hate getting picked as much as the next guy but I have to respectfully disagree with those who whine about it.  In the end getting picked is your own fault.  You let down your SA and got tunnell vision on the target in front of you. 

Pickers usually come in at about mach 20 with their wings on fire.  When you see them coming it is relatively easy to avoid the shot.  If you enter a furball when there are high altitude cons above the fight then it is up to you to exercise some good old fashioned "Situational Awareness".  Do that and you wont be the victim so often.

More often the "picker" is really someone else in the same furball as you and is just clearning his buddies six.  I fail to see how anyone can complain about being picked in a furball by someone else who is also down in the same furball.

:frown:

I totally agree on SA, 2fly,in fact that's not what triggers me. I rarely complain on 200 for being picked, yesterday I did (I think IronDog started this thread because of that) just because the guy shouted a <S> on 200, saying "I finally got you".... he was in a D9, zooming in, opening fire from almost 1k out and extending 2 k after a failed pass... there was a lot of fighters around, in the end I concentrated on a target and he picked me. Now, I'd have said nothing if he didn't <S> me.... there was really nothing to <S> in what he did.

Btw, I don't consider being shot down by people who are in the furball being picked.... the pickers are the ones who dive in from 3k on you while you're fighting someone else.

Thank you, Scot.

Skyrock..... that's a secret!!! :noid
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
If one wants to be timid and lazy and never challenge themselves, that's fine, I guess. The simple fact of the matter is that you recognize, as we do, that without pronounced advantages, you're just another target. As such, while you may disagree with the concept that it is more rewarding to win from a disadvantage than from pronounced advantage, telling us to remain silent, while voicing your own opinions is a bit silly.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »
As such, while you may disagree with the concept that it is more rewarding to win from a disadvantage than from pronounced advantage, telling us to remain silent, while voicing your own opinions is a bit silly.

OMG...I agree with hub on something!!!  :noid
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »
lol, we call you out to the DA because we know you'll loose and we also know you'll refuse because you know you'll loose.  Bringing me to my next point: if you only engage in low/no risk attacks you'll never learn how to take care of yourself when the extra-high alt monkey pickers come to pick you.

DA?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

lame

low risk in this game is the BB

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »
Next time you get picked,stop and think about the work the picker has put into his treachery.
<sarcasm>Yea, I was absolutely exausted with all the "work" I put in to getting these 10 kills T-Tues4-8  I mean at times it took me one whole loop to move from one pick to another.  Had to take a nap afterwards. :rofl </sarcasm>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »
Picker work???
Cherrypicking and BnZ takes minimum effort and little to no skill.

Nonsense.

A bad attempt at BnZ fails as easily as bad ACM during a classical "dogfight". Sometimes it's even easier to defeat. Wrong judgement on ememy or your own E state, crappy aim (only short time firing opportunity!), wrong angle of approach, lawndart because of misjudging altitude needed to pull out...
Players that think "it's only point nose at enemy and press trigger" are rarely succesfull in any way.

BnZ/Efighting/ picking was the way I started in this game, and if it had been sooo easy, I would have had a superb K/D from start. Guess what? I did not ;)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »
Here is a shocker for ya: everybody picks.  Everybody.  So please no complaints when you are nailed cause you let your SA slip.  In 1 vs 1 or against a horde I check my views like crazy, and I highly recommend that all pilots do the same.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »
Irondog you didn't even give me a salute in MW last night. Remember the one... where my 38 was at about 2000 feet and you dropped in from about 10-12k. I turned... you turned.... you hit the ground..... all I could think after that was how hard it must be not to hit the ground from that alt when trying to shoot someone on the deck. I never fired a shot, but I got the kill. If it is any consolation, I got another kill right before you arrived in the same fashion. Must be really hard work when your victim turns.   :aok
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:52:20 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »
Nonsense.

A bad attempt at BnZ fails as easily as bad ACM during a classical "dogfight". Sometimes it's even easier to defeat. Wrong judgement on ememy or your own E state, crappy aim (only short time firing opportunity!), wrong angle of approach, lawndart because of misjudging altitude needed to pull out...
Players that think "it's only point nose at enemy and press trigger" are rarely succesfull in any way.

BnZ/Efighting/ picking was the way I started in this game, and if it had been sooo easy, I would have had a superb K/D from start. Guess what? I did not ;)

Lusche, I don't agree on this one. It's much more easier and especially safer. If you blow your pass, you have enough speed to save your skin. When you're on the deck in a furball, you rarely have the chance of correcting mistakes.

AND you're not a good example, pal, you're a good stick and I bet you learned really fast! :)

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 11:55:06 AM »
You can see it as you want, you can blame, whine, accuse others, reverse the reality and so on.....but the real thing is that if you want to be good in combat sims , doing good ACM and good reversal is NOTHING  if you don't develop a perfect SA.
Hence the frustration of who thinks is an ace cause he can roll on a dime and then is killed cause he is not able to relieve the threats around him.....
The only remedy is to go in DA to have a 1 vs 1 ....and forget about SA :D

Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »
Lusche, I don't agree on this one. It's much more easier and especially safer.

I did not say it aint "easier" or safer.

I just vehemently object those BS statements like "No skill necessesary".
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »
You can see it as you want, you can blame, whine, accuse others, reverse the reality and so on.....but the real thing is that if you want to be good in combat sims , doing good ACM and good reversal is NOTHING  if you don't develop a perfect SA.
Hence the frustration of who thinks is an ace cause he can roll on a dime and then is killed cause he is not able to relieve the threats around him.....
The only remedy is to go in DA to have a 1 vs 1 ....and forget about SA :D

Shut up, you're Italian you have no right to talk!!!! :furious

Lusche, ok, let's say it requires less skill! ;)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »
Hey! You're copying my signature! I'm gonna sue you! :D  (do we have a black skin for Frank???)

well I have been a firm "blame karaya" supporter since I've begun flying with him, thought I'd sport that badge.  I've also always gotten a laugh outta your sig since I like the Ki84 so much...so I figured I'd borrow it with a slight adjustment.  And yes, there is a beautiful black Ki84 by Krusty I believe that you will see me in.  Hope you don't mind!!!  I was going to send a pm but didn't realize you'd notice so quickly!  It'd be great to get some DA time against you in it if you have the time!

<S> !!!!

Back on Topic:

So I'm taking odds on whether this fellow will fight a 1v1, or if he's too caught up in the "run from the co-e fight" crowd to attempt a sporting fight: gentlemen, place your bets!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 12:05:46 PM »
Shut up, you're Italian you have no right to talk!!!!

I inform you that I'm just riding my scooter; in 20 mins i'll be out of your house throwing stones at your windows :devil
You insipid furballer of the Era river :aok
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
well I have been a firm "blame karaya" supporter since I've begun flying with him, thought I'd sport that badge.  I've also always gotten a laugh outta your sig since I like the Ki84 so much...so I figured I'd borrow it with a slight adjustment.  And yes, there is a beautiful black Ki84 by Krusty I believe that you will see me in.  Hope you don't mind!!!  I was going to send a pm but didn't realize you'd notice so quickly!  It'd be great to get some DA time against you in it if you have the time!

<S> !!!!

Lol, no problem at all, I just wanted you to know I noticed that, in a humorous way! ;) If you want to fight me, no problem, I'm usually online from 15 EST to about 19 or so (I'm in Italy). If you see me in MA or anywhere else, feel free to PM me.