Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7120 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
I inform you that I'm just riding my scooter; in 20 mins i'll be out of your house throwing stones at your windows :devil
You insipid furballer of the Era river :aok

LMAO! Come here, you crappy Labronic picker, I'm waiting with my trusty Vespa! We'll joust it out on the river's banks! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »
LMAO! Come here, you crappy Labronic picker, I'm waiting with my trusty Vespa! We'll joust it out on the river's banks! :D

I'd like to see a film of that  :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 12:21:45 PM »
Alright, I'll tell Nibbio to bring his camera! :aok
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »
Everybody picks.  The ones who get called on it are the ones who are viewed as being not much capible of doing anything else.  I was really tempted to quote and "fix" the starting post to that effect.  Sorry, but if you are not well rounded in ALL aspects of BFM, then you're going to get challenged for even the hint of smugness for taking the easy kill.  Whine about the whines all you want, but it won't change the unwritten rules of AH society.

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 12:34:24 PM »
Alright, I'll tell Nibbio to bring his camera!

Damn...I was just half the way, had to return  back home to take the camera and its beginning to rain...... :t

Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 12:39:15 PM »
I'm a "Picker"!

And I choose to begin "picking" with the Bombers, at altitudes of 25K or more, and then work my way down to the "fighters" who choose to hug the ack and the deck below 10K, who then dive further to the deck because their SA did not allow for anyone being faster, or higher than them to begin with.

And then...if I miss my pass at a target...I extend and regain altitude and begin again.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »
here are the things that irritate me the most.

1.cheaters example:  1. targets you engage warps everytime you get within 400.
                             2. indestructable planes. i fired all guns into a spit 8 and he suffers no damage. distance 200.
                             3. cherry pickers. you engage a lower target and his buddys from above using the lower targets as    bait to kill you.
                             4. vulchers. vuching is ok if you are in the process of releasing troops to capture a base. but vulching just to be doing it is not going to emprove your skill at dogfighting. just makes the kill cheap.
                             5. no team work. help out your country mate stop the every man for himself crap. :furious

Offline valdals

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »
patches. bombers can defend themselves better than fighters. picking them is ok.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »
I'm tired of listening to the whining acm,furballing,advocates.People pay $14.95 a month to fly the way they want,in what they want.It would be nice if people would mind their own business.The truth is,that the furballing pretty much ended in WWI.Some of the high "choke" scoring pilots in AH are pickers.We need you furballers to provide us with targets,so keep on doing your Lufbery thing.You seldom see a picker belittleing a furballer that he has just dispatched,but the pickee rants and raves,and threaten the picker with the DA.Some are even threatning to quit AH if something isn't done to stop the way fights are taking place.I would submit a solution would be to have a fightertown like AW.The mob could go there and furball till the obese lady sings.The DA has a setup like that,but it is like the MA,but with smaller hordes.Next time you get picked,stop and think about the work the picker has put into his treachery.Can't we all just get along here and show some good sportsmanship?
IronDog

i think we all understand what you're saying. fact is all the great aces scored their kills by picking.....notably richtoffen, and hartman.........

but i think what they're trying to say here is simply that since these are cartoon airplanes, why do you weorry about them? 8 out of 10 of the "picker" types will run away when they lose their alt advantage....and they eventually do when they're trying to pick someone half way decent. the furballer types generally don't run from anything.....they simply want the fight...if they have to keep climbing to you as they evade, they'll do it. i've had a couple that once i got to coalt with them, they ran......some didn't, but only extended, and tried to re-gain their alt advantage. i don't belittle anyone for fighting. i don't belittle anyone for not fighting either. i may if they ho or ram, but probably not. this is my escape from reality. i come here to relax and have fun. last night i had fun. i flew one lanc run, and had 2 or 3 on me....i died, but was a blast. i had an awsome 1-1 with nkl5......was a blast although i died.....but all i had to do both times was click a button, and the line chief gave me a new cartoon airplane. i do see quite a few rant and rave...generally they're lying about something when they do. generally, the ones that complain the most or the loudest, are guilty of the same thing.....storch comes to mind here.........anyway, that's just my 2 cents

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »
What AH needs is:
+Less 1:1 fights, we know these never happened IRL, so they can't possibly be fun in here, especialy not in arena meant for it. I.E. go to the DA and interrupt as many 1:1s as possible, that's what sportsmanship is about! 
+Less maneuvering, this is just fancy hand-waving from 'furballers' who want to confuse you with pedantic ideas like "barrel roll", ACM, etc
+More HO-ing, bailing on-sight, suicide porking, 5" shells at dogfighters, spray & praying, running from 1:1s, sinking CVs with a furball in equilibrium (another fancy pants word that actualy means nothing from 'furballers'),
+More of those level-flight slow motion inverted barrel roll evasives that waste your time and theirs, this is dogfighting at its prime: absolutely nothing is really happening, both guys are just sitting there like vegetables watching a dumb maneuver that goes nowhere and does nothing.  Highly recommended.
+More mindless killzones where the absolute minimum of maneuvering actualy happens, so that the quality of dogfighting in AH is rarefied to the maximum.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:23:22 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
no message
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »
i think we all understand what you're saying. fact is all the great aces scored their kills by picking.....notably richtoffen, and hartman.........

but i think what they're trying to say here is simply that since these are cartoon airplanes, why do you weorry about them? 8 out of 10 of the "picker" types will run away when they lose their alt advantage....and they eventually do when they're trying to pick someone half way decent. the furballer types generally don't run from anything.....they simply want the fight...if they have to keep climbing to you as they evade, they'll do it. i've had a couple that once i got to coalt with them, they ran......some didn't, but only extended, and tried to re-gain their alt advantage. i don't belittle anyone for fighting. i don't belittle anyone for not fighting either. i may if they ho or ram, but probably not. this is my escape from reality. i come here to relax and have fun. last night i had fun. i flew one lanc run, and had 2 or 3 on me....i died, but was a blast. i had an awsome 1-1 with nkl5......was a blast although i died.....but all i had to do both times was click a button, and the line chief gave me a new cartoon airplane. i do see quite a few rant and rave...generally they're lying about something when they do. generally, the ones that complain the most or the loudest, are guilty of the same thing.....storch comes to mind here.........anyway, that's just my 2 cents

<<S>>

:aok  Completely agree
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 01:31:24 PM »
the only reasons I play this game are for the fights,and most of the good fights come off the edge of the furball.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »
I'm a "Picker"!

And I choose to begin "picking" with the Bombers, at altitudes of 25K or more, and then work my way down to the "fighters" who choose to hug the ack and the deck below 10K, who then dive further to the deck because their SA did not allow for anyone being faster, or higher than them to begin with.

And then...if I miss my pass at a target...I extend and regain altitude and begin again.

FIRST OFF......IT'S NOT PICKI NG WHEN YOU'RE GOING FOR BUFFS........second off......at least ou fight then.....extend and do it again.......but you're not going out 5k or k though......
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »
Nope, it's even worse.... it has become a sort of H2H pool, with green pilots and bad fliers. You can have good fights in MA.

Well said. Yawn City in there.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver